Geneforge 1 - Mutagen

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Geneforge 1 - Mutagen

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

Simple table that has all the skills and attributes along with a god mode script.

Added in some scripts for energy and essence.

Current Table:
Geneforge Mutagen.CT
27-02-2021
(20.33 KiB) Downloaded 1226 times

Current Options:

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Logos
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Geneforge 1 - Mutagen

Post by Logos »

I'm not good at making tables, but for anyone interested in finding magic/shaping abilities, the value is 100* the value in the abilities tab, 2 Byte search. Just do a quick save before using a canister and then save/load to search for it.

But be wary of increasing the value past 400. According to the Hintbook every ability has anywhere from 2-4 canisters for it, so I don't know if it'll mess anything up to go beyond that (Personally, I'm not using it, at least in my current run. I just looked for it because I was curious). I'm also not sure if canister usage is measured by the number of points you have in abilities or a by separate value, so increasing this may cause some conversations to change as well.

EDIT: After a bit of fiddling, I found that the value of ANY skill is increased by 100 for each canister used, except canister use doesn't increase the cost of said skill. So a value of 105 would give you the same stat as 6, but with the cost of 5. I don't know why this is also applied to abilities like create fyora as well since you can't increase it except through canisters, though it's possible that the core code of this game is going to be reused in future Geneforge remakes as well, so this may be just to prepare for features added later.

That said, I tried reducing all my stats to their flat values, as if they were gained through training instead of canisters, and it didn't alter any conversations that I could tell, so I'm pretty sure it's only to measure purchase cost and that the canister usage is under some other flag.

dd777
Cheater
Cheater

Post by dd777 »

Thanks to aSwedishMagyar for the table!

I've added a few things, mainly item slots and a few flags, including Canister Usage, Attacks Made, and if you've joined a faction.
Attachments
Geneforge Mutagen - Share.CT
(65.39 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

sinak
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by sinak »

I've added mind nutrients and Sholai language to the cheat table. I've also added all of the abilities. Be careful with setting any healing over 10k or it will kill you. Also hp. magic power, and essence cant go over 28-30k. Every end game item I could find has now been added to the game. I will add more Items if there is a interest for them please let me know.

The Crystal Burrow Item Infuser Pool cheat: set to 1 to keep the pool active and use over and over. These pools are for the Helix Bracer and Feisty Slap Gloves
Attachments
Geneforge Mutagen.CT
(56.01 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

Logos
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Logos »

So I've been messing around a bit more, seeing what happens if I crank up all my stats to ridiculous levels. As Sinak mentioned, overly strong healing will glitch and kill you, but overpowered damage will also glitch and do no damage at all. (Also, I'm sure I wasn't missing because status effects were still being applied.) I think it has something to do with the numbers rolling over and looping back down to a negative value. Presumably, the developer didn't put in anything to deal with this because it's impossible to hit those numbers without cheating.

As best as I can tell, the damage boost from skills and abilities are multiplicative, so you either want to increase both of them a little or boost one a lot while keeping the other fairly low. For me, the damage glitched out around 30k. My guess is the actual value is more like 32k since everything's in 2bytes, but I'm not going to take the time to find out for sure. Ultimately, if you keep your damage around 15-20k you can one shot pretty much anything, so there's no reason to push the numbers up high enough to hit the glitch.

Irishfella1988
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Irishfella1988 »

Table wont load with the game. And i cant seem to find any values myself, like skill points for example. Tried several different ways. Any help?

Domar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Domar »

Table seems to be outdated(all three of them), trying to activate the "Enable" option gives an error "Array of Byte not found: 6629????????????4969C8 ", and the other options have incorrect values displayed, such as saying a canister has already been used when freshly waking up at the docks, along with two of the factions listed as having been joined and left.

Hawksbri
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Hawksbri »

I know I'm a little late to the party and all, having put off on playing, but I am curious about the cheat table and how to use it now, especially for Geneforge 1 Mutagen. Any tips on how to use this so I could say... increase my coins and make it so that I have a huge number of Living Tools? I am deathly curious, and I am willing to break my current save file, not afraid to start from the start again, especially having played this as a child back when it the series first started... and beat it, handily. Any chance someone could give me a hands-on on how to use this cheat engine so I might go where I'm not supposed to and all?
^^ I am currently a fool.