Bravely Default (3DS Citra Nightly 1690)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Bravely Default (3DS Citra Nightly 1690)

Post by DrummerIX »

I decided to play this game as Bravely Default II is coming out for Switch soon and I never finished this game. It's a nice little turn based RPG with jobs and good gameplay.

Anyway, for cheats, I decided to come up with a few options to help me.

Options so far:
Set All Items In Inventory To Minimum Amount
Quick Level Up All Jobs All Characters
Gateway Cheat Codes for Gold and Max SP

So for the inventory option, you have to manually set the number of slots to check. At beginning of game on Normal you start with 2 items. I've been increasing it as I play and it works well. You may have to add a few more as you get items because the astericks and other items are actual inventory.

The Quick Level Up All Jobs just makes it so you are 1 point away from a level up all the time, so it takes about 13 battles to master a job.

You have to Enable this after you load a save game for best results.

There is a save editor for the Rebuilding Norende to help you do that faster:
[Link]

For Gold, it is a simple Gateway cheat option in Citra:

Code: Select all

[Gold 999999]
080900A4 000F423F
This cheat table requires build 1690 of Citra Nightly which was released on February 9, 2021.
It is too big to attach here, but I think this is the link to download it:
[Link]

I'm using the Europe version of the game in Citra.

EDIT 1:
I figured out a Gateway Cheat option for use in Citra for Always Max SP, so you can always have turns if you like.

[Max SP]
08ED2CB8 00000003
EDIT 1.5:
One final improvement I decided to do is to automatically calculate how many inventory items you currently have for use with the Min Inventory Quantity script. Now all you need to do is enable the script and it will always make all your items the amount you specify. I think this is more than enough to complete the game for me, so I don't think I will add any more options right now.

EDIT 2.0:
It seems the Gateway 3DS addresses are somewhat variable and I've attempted to make this table work better. I am attempting to calculate the Code Offset to use based on Inventory Slots 1 and 2 always being a Dagger and Linen Cuirass that you always start with. In my testing, I'm seeing it sometimes use code offset 1 and 2, but I put in an option for 3 if it ever uses that. I might not have figured it all out to be sure this works all the time, but perhaps that is why there are not many working 3DS Gateway cheats for this game.

For the Max SP and Gold options, I have these defined in my Citra:

[Gold 999999 (Code Offset 1)]
0808E0E4 000F423F

[Gold 999999 (Code Offset 2)]
080900A4 000F423F

[Gold 999999 (Code Offset 3)]
08092064 000F423F

[Max SP (Code Offset 1)]]
08ED0CF8 00000003

[Max SP (Code Offset 2)]]
08ED2CB8 00000003

[Max SP (Code Offset 3)]]
08ED4C78 00000003

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Bravely_Default_EUR_Using_Citra_Nightly_1690.CT
EDIT 2.0 file (Coding for Variable Gateway 3DS addresses)
(17.46 KiB) Downloaded 1427 times
EDIT 1.5 file (Improved Min Inventory Quantity)
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Initial file (Min Inventory and Quick Level Up Jobs)
(11.72 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Last edited by DrummerIX on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Khim
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Bravely Default (3DS Citra Nightly 1690)

Post by Khim »

Thanks Drummer, I was just thinking about playing this game and you came in clutch

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I figured out a Gateway Cheat option for use in Citra for Always Max SP, so you can always have turns if you like.

[Max SP]
08ED2CB8 00000003

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

One final improvement I decided to do is to automatically calculate how many inventory items you currently have for use with the Min Inventory Quantity script. Now all you need to do is enable the script and it will always make all your items the amount you specify. I think this is more than enough to complete the game for me, so I don't think I will add any more options right now.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I just noticed that the 3DS Gateway address are different depending on Save Slot. It appears I will need to modify my code to make it work on any save slot, but these first tables I was using Save Slot 2 if you are having trouble getting this to work.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I've attempted to add some code to make this work better all the time, but due to variable Gateway 3DS addresses, it might still have some issues.

Let me know if you still see issues with using it.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Hi there! I've trying to hack this game in order to modify characters' head size unsuccessfully. I do not know if it is even possible via cheat engine. Do you know something about this matter?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

eugene9 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:13 pm
Hi there! I've trying to hack this game in order to modify characters' head size unsuccessfully. I do not know if it is even possible via cheat engine. Do you know something about this matter?
No, I normally don't look for things like that and wouldn't know where to start.

MechaHeart
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MechaHeart »

Hi DrummerIX,

Glad to see you drumming (sorry) some interest up for this series. It's been one of my long time favourites, and is already focused on making game-breaking combos. I've still got my originals, but glad to see some love for it.

If anyone needs any help with the game there are some pretty easy strategies to one round basically any boss (yes even the last boss and the boss rush) let me know, it has a pretty fun story but some people struggle with either the game or the last half.

Mecha

TheNamesan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by TheNamesan »

It looks like the Gold 999999 Gateway Cheat works very consistently in both USA and EUA versions. However, I couldn't get the Max SP cheat to work a single time, even on the EUA version and Citra Nightly 1690. Maybe the SP variable has other offsets? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that SP is stored differently than gold, as SP is shared across all save files and that, even if you don't save after using SP, it still remembers your SP count.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Yeah, that one doesn't work for me in all cases; however most of the time if I started a game and waited until I loaded the save game before loading the table, it would most likely use Save Offset 2 as the calculated value and then that one worked for me when I was playing the game.

At least that was what worked for me.

There is a way to hex edit the save file and always get 3 SP, but you would have to keep saving and loading the game without my option that keeps it at 3 all the time. Like I said, it usually only worked when CE said i was using Save Offset 2.

munovic
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by munovic »

First, I want to say thanks for creating this table for this game, Sir DrummerIX. It works great.
I want to tell something tho. Your cheat for JP points works fine before, but now after using it more, it messed (maybe, I don't know) with the job that I already mastered. It looks like this.
Spoiler
[Link]
As you can see, the first job isn't affected. It's easy to just fight random mobs to max them, but it takes time tho.
If you have insight of what's happening, thanks. Otherwise, the table is good. Thank you for that.

JustX
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by JustX »

Hi, i've citra nightly 1696, your table codes doesn't work there and the codes for gold and sp doesn't work for me in the cheat of citra, can someone help me?

TwilightStarocean
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TwilightStarocean »

thats because the updates beak the codes they only work with 1690

luminouslily
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by luminouslily »

Hi, thanks for sharing your table with us.

I'm currently trying to get max SP since I've already beaten the game and want to see how much damage I can do by surpassing the 9999 limit, but the Gateway cheat codes you've provided do not work. I'm using the same emulator build as you (1690), and also the European version of the game.

You mentioned this earlier:
Yeah, that one doesn't work for me in all cases; however most of the time if I started a game and waited until I loaded the save game before loading the table, it would most likely use Save Offset 2 as the calculated value and then that one worked for me when I was playing the game.
I waited, then loaded the save file before loading the table, but it didn't seem to do anything. If I wanted to max my SP, then do I have to go into Citra's built-in Cheats menu, or do I have to use your cheat table?

I'm using edit 2.0 of your script, and it looks like this:
- Code Offset You Are Using
- Min Number Inventory
- Number of Inventory Slots

- Set All Items in Inventory to Minimum Account
- Quick Level Up All Jobs All Characters

Interestingly enough, I don't actually see anything in your four <scripts> that relates to getting SP, it's all job points and inventory management. So that must mean I have to use the Gateway cheat..?