Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4 Save Game Editor)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4 Save Game Editor)

Post by DrummerIX »

So, Trails of Cold Steel 4 released recently and I thought I would play it.

To cheat the save game, you need Save Wizard for PS4 and it requires Advance Mode to use this table.

You select Advanced Mode and then export the file Save Wizard gives you to a location on you computer.
Then you open Cheat Engine and select Open File and open the file you saved. Default options of 32-bit and start at 0 address.
Then you can open the table in CE and use the options.
Remember after you perform the options you want and are done, Choose Save File from the CE menu and save your changes.
Then you can Import the result back into Advance Mode in Save Wizard to get the changes back on the PS4 by copying from USB to system storage.

I only have Inventory Options so far, but it just sets all your current items to 80 and U-Materials to 99 if you have at least 1 of them. It excludes Key Items and Master Quartz.

I might plan on adding some more options later, but I successfully used this table to craft all the starting quartz in the Orbal shop at Eryn village. It just took doing it a handful of times because of the U-Material cost of the items.

Hope this helps.

Options so far:
Set Current Items to 80 and U-Material to 800 (Excludes Key Items and Master Quartz)
Set 50 Bonus AP For Every Completed Quest (Before Reporting Quests)
Set Extra Stats To Super Powerful For First 41 Characters
Put All Vantage Master Cards In Inventory
Put All Master Quartz In Inventory
Put 80 Shining Pom Droplets In Inventory
Set All Character Notes To Fully Known
Set All Fishing Notes To Caught
Set All VM Card Notes To Known
Set Battle Notes To Fully Known (Only Those Already Partially Known)
Enable All Opponents In Pom Pom Minigame
Set All Opponents In Pom Pom Minigame As Defeated
Put All Books Into Inventory
Pointers to Bonding Points Current and Max
Pointers to Mira, Sepith Mass Crystals
Pointers to Sepith (Earth,Water,Fire,Wind,Time,Space,Mirage)

EDIT 1:
I found out that U-Material can go above 99, so I default setting those to 800 in this update. Makes things a bit simpler when crafting items.

EDIT 1.5:
I added a couple of options that I am using. Not everyone may want all these options, but I thought I would share. One is Set 50 Bonus AP For Every Completed Quest (Before Reporting Quests). This allows you to get max instructor rank very quickly. You use this option once you complete a quest, but before it is reported and it will add 50 bonus AP to it. The max instructor rank is only in the 300 range, so I am receiving the bonus items very quickly. The other one makes battles VERY EASY, so use at your own risk. I don't like dying in my games, so I use it. It is Set Extra Stats To Super Powerful For First 20 Characters. Again, this makes things very simple battle wise including the divine knight battles in this game. Divine Knight battles appear to use the extra stats in this game.

EDIT 2.0:
I put in a couple more options. First is Put All Vantage Master Cards In Inventory. I don't think this will help with the trophy for cards as that is notebook related, but this allows you to play the cards in the game since they are in your inventory. I still don't like to play this game too much, so I will wait for PC version to cheat more with it. So because I don't want to play VM and still want as many trophies as possible, I came up with Put All Master Quartz In Inventory. This one does pop the trophy but not immediately. The game checks for the trophy at various events I think. Mine popped soon after I had performed the option during the next event.

EDIT 2.25:
For those that don't have Shining Pom Droplets from loading a clear save file, I added an option to put some in your inventory.

EDIT 2.5:
Besides playing some of the game, I spent some time looking for notebook data to fix the VM Inventory issue. I added 3 options in this update. One is Set All Character Notes To Fully Known. I think you have to progress to a certain point before a trophy will pop for this, but it marks character notes to fully known. I also have Set All Fishing Notes To Caught. This sets your notebook to say you've caught all the fish. The trophy for this depends on your inventory also, so at a certain point in the game you can buy the remaining things to level up your rod and it should pop. Finally I have Set All VM Card Notes To Known. This may pop the trophy at the next event or perhaps when you beat a VM opponent. I popped my trophy for the cards while I was making the cheat. Enjoy!

EDIT 2.75:
I missed scanning a Trial Chest monster and looked on how to fix that. I came up with Set Battle Notes To Fully Known (Only Those Already Partially Known). This sets battle notes to fully known, but you have to at least hit a monster once to partially fill it in before this will complete it. I also put in pointers to Bonding Points Current and Max in this update. I'm up to Act 2 where you first get bonding points.

EDIT 3.0:
I added some pointers to basic things. These are in the Quick Codes in Save Wizard, but if you only want some but not max, you can edit these here. It includes Mira, Sepith Mass Crystals and Sepith.

EDIT 3.5:
I found time to get back into this game and came up with a few more options. One is Enable All Opponents In Pom Pom Minigame. This one just allows you to play every opponent in the Pom Pom minigame. The next one is Set All Opponents In Pom Pom Minigame As Defeated. This might help with trophy hunters, but you may have to beat a game normally to pop the trophy after you set this. The next option was already given if you edit a script, but I just made it under it's own heading. It is Put All Books Into Inventory. I am told that if you use this, the next regular book a NPC will give you will pop the trophy for books.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Trails_of_Cold_Steel_4_PS4_Save_Game_Editor.CT
EDIT 3.5 file (Enable All Opponents in Pom Pom, Set All Opponents As Defeated in Pom Pom, Put All Books Into Inventory)
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
EDIT 3.0 file (Mark Battle Notes, Pointer to Bonding Points, Pointers to Mira, Sepith))
(14.73 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
EDIT 2.5 file (Mark All Character Notes, Mark All Fishing Notes, Mark All Card Notes)
(11.15 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
EDIT 2.25 file (Put 80 Shining Pom Droplets In Inventory)
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Edit 2.0 file (Put All VM Cards In Inventory, Put All Master Quartz in Inventory)
(7.27 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
EDIT 1.5 file (Set 50 Bonus AP, Set Extra Stats Super Powerful)
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
EDIT 1 file (Inventory Options)
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Last edited by DrummerIX on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:52 am, edited 9 times in total.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Re: Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4 Save Game Editor)

Post by DrummerIX »

I found out U-Material can go above 99, so I default setting those to 800 now.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I added a couple of options that I am using. Not everyone may want all these options, but I thought I would share. One is Set 50 Bonus AP For Every Completed Quest (Before Reporting Quests). This allows you to get max instructor rank very quickly. You use this option once you complete a quest, but before it is reported and it will add 50 bonus AP to it. The max instructor rank is only in the 300 range, so I am receiving the bonus items very quickly. The other one makes battles VERY EASY, so use at your own risk. I don't like dying in my games, so I use it. It is Set Extra Stats To Super Powerful For First 20 Characters. Again, this makes things very simple battle wise including the divine knight battles in this game. Divine Knight battles appear to use the extra stats in this game.

It's in EDIT 1.5. Enjoy.

nos4r2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by nos4r2 »

Thx i'm gonna buy this game to play again play JP version a couple month back with spreadsheet translate it awkward at first but smooth sailing later

But i still want to get full experience with english version PC is too long cyberpunk 2077 just got delay again so might aswell get this game

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

Cliffhung yourself on the ending of ToCS3 and couldn't wait for the PC ver of 4? I DID try to warn you :P

urthor
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by urthor »

It's the most Trails series thing ever when the cliffhanger was steep enough and the characters so good that you savehack the PS4 version to get your fix haha

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

ToCS3's ending imo is seriously up there for cliffhanger of the decade. I thought ToCS1 was bad but 3 out hangs it.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Yeah, it's one of the first times I've played on PS4 first. I do like PC cheats better, but at least I can cheat some with the save game on PS4.

nos4r2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by nos4r2 »

btw it possible for the extra stats option like in Cold Steel 3 ?

Not the massive one like you use but manual change them bit by bit? i just want to make some character have abit more stats to start nightmare play first playthrough

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:00 pm
Yeah, it's one of the first times I've played on PS4 first. I do like PC cheats better, but at least I can cheat some with the save game on PS4.
Can't say I didn't warn you lol. Tho I totally get it if you played all the way through ToCS3. After a certain point its just so hard to stop, and before you know it, you hit the end and cliffhang yourself to the max. Its got such a great build up.

I hung myself the same way with the JP release...

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

nos4r2 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:10 am
btw it possible for the extra stats option like in Cold Steel 3 ?

Not the massive one like you use but manual change them bit by bit? i just want to make some character have abit more stats to start nightmare play first playthrough
I know where they are stored, but figuring out which ones belong to which character is what I haven't figured out. In PC version, I could pull list from the game. I know Rean is number 1.

If you want a smaller boost for every character, you can modify the script. I labeled the stats I'm using and you can change as you wish.

nos4r2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by nos4r2 »

I think this is character address dunno if it match sorry but it google translate but you should able to see who name is

[Link]

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I put in a couple more options. First is Put All Vantage Master Cards In Inventory. I don't think this will help with the trophy for cards as that is notebook related, but this allows you to play the cards in the game since they are in your inventory. I still don't like to play this game too much, so I will wait for PC version to cheat more with it. So because I don't want to play VM and still want as many trophies as possible, I came up with Put All Master Quartz In Inventory. This one does pop the trophy but not immediately. The game checks for the trophy at various events I think. Mine popped soon after I had performed the option during the next event.

It's in EDIT 2.0.

Deloseth
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Deloseth »

Thanks for keeping working on this, dude. I may be completely off base here, but if the u-materials are able to be set above 99, would other stuff be able to as well? I'm thinking particularly of stuff like the monster ingredients. Always hate running out of globby fat and hearty powder when I'm trying to get mah cooking on xD

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Deloseth wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:17 pm
Thanks for keeping working on this, dude. I may be completely off base here, but if the u-materials are able to be set above 99, would other stuff be able to as well? I'm thinking particularly of stuff like the monster ingredients. Always hate running out of globby fat and hearty powder when I'm trying to get mah cooking on xD
I'm fairly sure most things are 99 max. I have some monster ingredients at 99 and won't go above that.