Crusader Kings III | Steam v1.12.2.1 | Updated: 2024-Mar-11

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Mirek_Burczyn
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Crusader Kings III | Steam v1.5.0.1 | Updated: 2022-Feb-14

Post by Mirek_Burczyn »

tfigment wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:45 am
Features:
  • Added Pointer to Holding Type for people that want to change holding manually (users are responsible for own edits)
Ok, did bunch of tests and results are as follow:
1) Game stopped crashing when changing holding manually via a pointer, which is nice. Saves, monthly and yearly ticks are also stable, which is even better
2) You can't access buildings of a different holding type, as you lack the proper "main" building (eg. If you change a castle into a city, you can't build city buildings in it, as the game still "see" you have a castle build there, even if the holding itself is treated as a city now)
3) If you decide to upgrade the main building (say, from tier 2 Keep to tier 3 Concentric Castle) and manually change the building that's in construction (to, say, City Center, so a tier 3, but CITY building, instead), it will fail. The game will be stable, and the building will be finished, but the game will be still searching for tier 1 city building.
4) Thinking that I'm smarter than this, I re-do the point 3, BUT instead manually switching the building to tier ONE city building (Village Center). However, this still doesn't work - the game continues to recognise the holding as a castle for the sake of construction, the Village Center is treated as if it was a tier 2 building and its potential upgrades are those of a Castle, too.
So whatever governs this, it's not that specific pointer. However, it's still a nice way to switch a badly build city into a castle, revoke the title on it, manually start a construction of some more suitable building and then re-switch it back to a city, handling it back to some mayor. Better this than nothing

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Mirek_Burczyn
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Mirek_Burczyn »

Anglican wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:00 pm
Random question but is there any way to make reforming culture much faster?
It wouldn't matter one bit, because t here is a hard-coded 50 years "cooldown" period between any changes. And yes, it's hard-coded, so you can't just cheat your way to new traditions, even if the process of implementing them finishes in a single day.

Anglican
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Anglican »

Mirek_Burczyn wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:14 pm

It wouldn't matter one bit, because t here is a hard-coded 50 years "cooldown" period between any changes. And yes, it's hard-coded, so you can't just cheat your way to new traditions, even if the process of implementing them finishes in a single day.
the cooldown between changes can be swiftly overcome by just typing bypass_requirement when the game is on debug mode :D

Mirek_Burczyn
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Mirek_Burczyn »

I know that, my point is more of "you can't easily overcome it as a pointer" than "you can't do this at all". Pretty much opening the debug mode alone gives you more than enough options to work with.
Reminds me the EU4 table, where someone demanded a feature that would take 3 trips back and forth to your CE table, while there was a cheat for it in the game.

Anglican
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Anglican »

the cooldown for the 50 years between reforming your culture can be bypass by using the debug mode but the time you need to reform your culture by adding or replacing your tradition is hardcoded to 1.66 per tick and that is what I'm asking for.

matt1713
Cheater
Cheater

Post by matt1713 »

Anglican wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:25 pm
the cooldown for the 50 years between reforming your culture can be bypass by using the debug mode but the time you need to reform your culture by adding or replacing your tradition is hardcoded to 1.66 per tick and that is what I'm asking for.
It turns out all you have to do is find a file called "00_defines.txt" in your CKIII folder. Once you open the file:
1) Find REFORMATION_PROGRESS_GAIN_BASE = 1.66
- This is the monthly progress for traditions. Change this to something like 100 for 1-month traditions, 50 for 2-month, etc.
2) Find REFORMATION_MAX_YEARS = 30
- Change this to something like 1 (maybe even 0.1) so the reformation happens yearly (or less) instead of every 30 years. Not sure if this particular variable accepts doubles/floats or only whole numbers.
3) DEFAULT_MAX_TRADITIONS = 5
- Change to whatever you want, self-explanatory what this is.

matt1713
Cheater
Cheater

Post by matt1713 »

Mirek_Burczyn wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Anglican wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:25 pm
Other than what already was said, you know you can just find the correct value using CE... right? And then simply fill it up to almost full, so on next tick it will finish.
That actually doesn't work. I've tried that and it just set's itself back to the "appropriate" tick when the monthly tick happens. You have to actually edit the file I talked about earlier or find a mod that edits this hard-coded value.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

matt1713 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:38 pm
That actually doesn't work. I've tried that and it just set's itself back to the "appropriate" tick when the monthly tick happens. You have to actually edit the file I talked about earlier or find a mod that edits this hard-coded value.
Presumably one can override the REFORMATION_PROGRESS_GAIN_BASE like I did for STEWARDSHIP_DOMAIN_LIMIT. Someone more motivated could probably hook the interpreter for any of the flags or something. By the way its location in current game is an 8 byte integer "ck.exe+31ac788" scaled by 100000. I guess one could just edit that. REFORMATION_MAX_YEARS is at ck3.exe+31ac790. DEFAULT_MAX_TRADITIONS is at ck3.exe+31ac7a8. Those will obviously all change and might not be sufficient to do anything useful.

I agree with other points but editing lua is annoying which is why I agreed to the demense limit increase as that I've modded that in a few games. Some people like to not use mods cause they disable ironman mode (which is ironic to me to use ironman and cheats but no judgements as long as its for personal use).

Regarding Buildings there is several CBuildingType pointers similar to holding.

I'm rather unmotivated to continue to hack away at this at the moment so going to do something fun for awhile.

xspeed
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by xspeed »

New patch 1.5.0.2 just arrive and I must say everything seems to work except "Max Regiment Size [During Supply Update]" :) and like @matt1713 siad this progress in culture would be nice too :)

Mrt19
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Mrt19 »

My game crashes all the time if im using this table and enable cheat script

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

xspeed wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:05 am
New patch 1.5.0.2 just arrive and I must say everything seems to work except "Max Regiment Size [During Supply Update]" :) and like @matt1713 siad this progress in culture would be nice too :)
Updated. That one was just bad AOB scan. Left part of an jump address in the scan by accident.

I've added pReformationProgress and pReformationMaxYears symbols but did not add to table. As matt1713 indicated even hacking maxreformationyears is not sufficient. You can can change progress to big number and it will research quickly but there appears to be hardcoding to have a minimum number of years before you can research next one. The 50 years is independent value. I took a stab and overriding but I dont understand enough at this point. Presumably will have to find the "start" address to override.
Mrt19 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:19 pm
My game crashes all the time if im using this table and enable cheat script
The table doesn't do anything invasive by just enabling. It scans some addresses if it can but does not change anything. There is either something wrong with your machine or your CE or you are leaving critical information out of the comment. Perhaps there is security software like DEP or something enabled in windows but its seems to just be you at the moment and I dont have enough information to even try to help if I wanted to.
Last edited by tfigment on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rimtan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Crusader Kings III | Steam v1.5.0.2 | Updated: 2022-Feb-17

Post by Rimtan »

I think I found a bug:
I started a new game, only thing I did is to change someone's name with the table ('Find selected character' and there change name under 'Value'), all is good and can continue to play and see the person with the new name. However when I save the game I can't load the save from now on, it crashes on load.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Rimtan wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:11 am
I think I found a bug:
I started a new game, only thing I did is to change someone's name with the table ('Find selected character' and there change name under 'Value'), all is good and can continue to play and see the person with the new name. However when I save the game I can't load the save from now on, it crashes on load.
Not a bug. Don't change names. I cannot prevent you from changing them and I'm not going to mark everything as do not touch. At least keep same number of characters. Add some spaces for padding if you are shortening it. There is size value that is not shown that you have to edit. You are not the first so I guess I need to add a scare (DO NOT TOUCH) flag on strings. Doesn't the game let you change names on the portrait editor anyway?

Rimtan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Rimtan »

You can rename yourself and your kids, not even your wife.
So how can I know what I can and what I can't change with the table?

Anyway thanks a lot for your hard work, cheers.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Rimtan wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:40 am
You can rename yourself and your kids, not even your wife.
So how can I know what I can and what I can't change with the table?
I make tables so I can experiment. Unfortunately I know what it does better. I then share the work as a courtesy to the community and internet karma. But you get what you pay for. I'm not here to make bullet proof tables. Recifense does better on his presumably because its effectively paid. I would say dont change anything unless you are willing to accept that it might not work as expected or cause corruption or similar on edits. Unfortunately CE doesn't give good tools marking fields as readonly which would help here and rely on comments. I cannot document everything for every level of user and dont want to.
tfigment wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:05 am
The 50 years is independent value. I took a stab and overriding but I dont understand enough at this point. Presumably will have to find the "start" address to override.
So the game adds a "variable" to culture class (which I dont expose but you can look up the ID on character ) named "tradition_cooldown" which has a 50 year countdown. Presumably that needs to be changed but its hard to find and reference in code. I dont think I'm going to try to override that. You can edit the save file or memory search for the value (starts at 18250 days and counts down).