Crusader Kings III | Steam v1.12.2.1 | Updated: 2024-Mar-11

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
orbguy25
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Crusader Kings III | Steam v1.3.0 | Updated: 2021-Mar-18

Post by orbguy25 »

tfigment wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:15 pm
orbguy25 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:12 pm
FYI they changed how hair and beard DNA works in 1.3.0, where instead of picking from a list (hairstyles and beards genes), it now works from a cultural list and a genetic hair type (hair_type gene). I don't see the new gene listed in the DNA section in cheat engine, but it does appear to be working anyway.
If I gather what you are doing is basically removing the length validation check. Previously was checking lengths to make sure no garbage and this just trusts that its correct? Fair, I'm not sure I know where to validate the length used previously. Also now curious how one adds more genes without breaking the game but I guess I never dived that deep into the underlying files.
I'm not that experienced in lua or memory stuff, so it was trial and error until it worked. It's 'risky' because it just takes whatever you have in the clipboard and attempts to use it, but I'm not sure if there's actually any risk involved. I've never experienced any issues or crashing when accidentally pasting nonsense. There's some kind of internal system in place to validate DNA since if you post gibberish like a URL, it doesn't change the character's DNA. You can't paste that same gibberish string into the portrait editor, either.

I haven't managed to make a corresponding Copy that works with modded DNA. The ones in the table as is only generate a DNA key with the standard genes, and any modded genes ignored.
Example DNA strings
Just as an example, these are the lengths of the two strings I can generate.

Code: Select all

This is a (I assume) vanilla DNA key, from the standard Copy script. This works in both the standard and 'risky' Paste scripts.
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

This is the same key as above from the Copy script after I added a few modded genes in the portrait editor and copied it from there. It only works in the 'risky' paste script.
S6p3+z91WoyDmxb0AXQAdAGIAIgAcgFyAIwBjAGMAYwBjAGMAYAAgAGEAIQAjACMAYwAjAGMAIwBcgByAYAAgACGAYYAgAGAAYABgAGGAYYAdgB2AYwBjAByAXIBcwBzAHIBcgByAHIBiQGJAYwAjAGHAYcBgwCDAYwAjAGMAYwBcgFyAXcBdwFyAXIBKwAVAQ8BMQAMAGQBLAFsAGYAAAEfAVIBQQESAFQAJwB2AEAAPAAOABoBgQBZAS8AogEJAB0BFAEAAQoAZwBDAScBLgEzAUMAVgAmAV4BSAAlAVgAaAAXAAAAfwFuAAkAKgEVABAAKAGYAA8AEwBBAQwAiQABATgAHwEBATsBAQAYAB0AJACFAHEBOwF7ATcAnQEdARMBBQEbAXQBDwAzAMMAkQFhABACDQIAAQABCAAAAPsAKgAAARECRgAAAgMBqAARAAYAWwAhAMEAAAIAAAAAAgAAAAACAAJ/B3oHsAGZAWYAcgByBxIHAAYaBWMEAAT/BP8I/wP/BP8D/wQAAH8AfwB/AH8AjACMAAAAAAIeAR8B/wB/Af8AfwD/AH8AfwB/

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

orbguy25 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:42 pm
I'm not that experienced in lua or memory stuff, so it was trial and error until it worked. It's 'risky' because it just takes whatever you have in the clipboard and attempts to use it, but I'm not sure if there's actually any risk involved. I've never experienced any issues or crashing when accidentally pasting nonsense. There's some kind of internal system in place to validate DNA since if you post gibberish like a URL, it doesn't change the character's DNA. You can't paste that same gibberish string into the portrait editor, either.

I haven't managed to make a corresponding Copy that works with modded DNA. The ones in the table as is only generate a DNA key with the standard genes, and any modded genes ignored.
Thanks. If I recall there may be enough information but not sure that maybe why I had the length check. Out of curiousity and speed, which mod did you use so I have test case. I want to make sure that I dont crash if you copy paste wrong sizes.

orbguy25
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by orbguy25 »

The mod I'm working on with those genes isn't available yet, but here's one with more than a few added genes:

[Link]

bellosdiem
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bellosdiem »

Is there a way to convert DNA to cheat engine DNA?

orbguy25
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by orbguy25 »

If you mean persistent DNA (like that used in the character creator) you can paste it into the portrait creator editor ('Paste Persistent DNA') and then click the 'Copy DNA String' button and it will give you the string that the table can use.

matt1713
Cheater
Cheater

Post by matt1713 »

Suggestions for features (if they're even possible):
1) Instead of debug mode; simply search to make the console visible (even without debug mode on; like We-Mod does it). Just a ease-of-life feature so you don't have to keep alt-tabbing in and out to undo debug mode before unpausing the game so your achievements aren't permanently blocked for that game.

2) In the selected holding feature; include holding levels (I.E. Temple/Castle/City lvl 1-4; holding additions lvl 1-8).

3) Auto-clear messages

4) Disable minimum holy site requirement for organizing faith

5) Perhaps there is a way to do something like add gold/piety/renown/skill(s)/ect. to all vassals/courtiers of the realm instead of having to go through them one-by-one.

zupa1973
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by zupa1973 »

It seems that it now copies/pastes (?) DNA without hair color, hairstyles, beards, skin color, so everybody either gets same values for those, or is bald (in portrait editor). Not sure if this is an issue with table or game or what. It occurs in 1.3.0 with Northern Lords DLC.

xspeed
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by xspeed »

zupa1973 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:50 pm
It seems that it now copies/pastes (?) DNA without hair color, hairstyles, beards, skin color, so everybody either gets same values for those, or is bald (in portrait editor). Not sure if this is an issue with table or game or what. It occurs in 1.3.0 with Northern Lords DLC.
I think it's new DLC. I got some saved DNA from the game not table and when I pass it the character is lacking of hair :(

zupa1973
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by zupa1973 »

yeah, exactly the same issue, but when I copy a char with e.g. new hairdos table doesn't copy them either, so it has to be fixed or something

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

zupa1973 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:47 pm
yeah, exactly the same issue, but when I copy a char with e.g. new hairdos table doesn't copy them either, so it has to be fixed or something
orbguy25 was mentioning something about hair and genes in prior posts. I was working on other games over the weekend so have not looked at it yet. Not sure it was copying hair previously but it does sound like things have changed that will need to be looked at.

zupa1973
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by zupa1973 »

thx a lot, not a priority obviously; clearly new DLC messed something up with hair and beards; also with skin color or complexion, or both

xspeed
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by xspeed »

There's new patch 1.3.1 but it's seems everything works ok.

zupa1973
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by zupa1973 »

I think cheat scripts crash the game, at least for me

zupa1973
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by zupa1973 »

I think it is Instant Build script specifically