Heroes of Might & Magic III + HOTA + HD

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Heroes of Might & Magic III + HOTA + HD

Post by gibberishh »

Added pointers to keymasters tents for those annoying maps where the designer forgot to add a tent of the correct color. This will only work with keymasters and corresponding border guards, not quest guards who expect items -- afaik, no item-related bugs exist, you just have to go through the maps in a particular sequence. Or cheat the correct item into your inventory.

You can change individual values, or click on the Keymasters value and change them all in one shot.

Removed obsolete tables. New tables at viewtopic.php?p=342675#p342675

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Bloody hell. Just started "Their End of the Bargain" scenario and most of the cheats stopped working. Even though everything worked correctly in "Lost at Sea" (and earlier maps). The game suddenly started using a weird identifier for the hero -- so all the code which checks whose turn it is stopped working.

HoMM3.ct only: changed all code to check for the enemy's turn instead of the hero's turn. This requires extensive testing though and is not guaranteed to work.

Not changed the code in HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct because that game has no expansions -- so I'm hoping it works without this weirdness. I am not going to play every campaign on that game to test. If someone finds bugs, they will have to inform me.

When reporting bugs, please specify exactly which table you are using (along with date of the post you downloaded it from), the game version/mods you are playing, as well as the scenario you were playing when you saw the bug.

Removed obsolete tables. New tables at viewtopic.php?p=342675#p342675
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Finished playing all campaign scenarios. Which means I won't be looking at these tables any more, and won't be finding any more bugs of my own accord. At least not for several months. Barring any major bug reports, this really should be the final update.

Cleaned up a few things. Keymasters: again, there was weirdness in 2 of the scenarios. Normally the game marks keymasters as 0 (not) or 1 (visited). On two maps, it used different numbers. Changed the dropdown to allow you to input numbers other than 0 or 1. Once you visit any keymaster, you will see what number is being used for that color; use the same number for other colors.
Attachments
HoMM3.ct
Signed cheat table, run Heroes3.exe before opening, or manually attach the correct exe
(345.79 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct
Signed cheat table, launch HOMM3 2.0.exe before opening
(344.2 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Bulldoser
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Bulldoser »

Did you finish Heoes 3 Chronicles? HotA also has two amazing campaigns. WoG has its own campaign, not as good as origin campigns or HotA's, nevertheless playable. Cheers mate.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

HoMM3.ct does not work with the following scenarios because they use a different hero identifier:

Code: Select all

RoE: Spoils of War > Borderlands
RoE: Spoils of War > Greed
SoD: Hack and Slash > Bashing Skulls
SoD: Hack and Slash > Black Sheep
SoD: Hack and Slash > A Cage in the Hand
SoD: Hack and Slash > Grave Robber
SoD: Birth of a Barbarian > On the Run
SoD: Birth of a Barbarian > The Meeting
SoD: Birth of a Barbarian > A Tough Start
SoD: Birth of a Barbarian > Falor and Terwen
SoD: Birth of a Barbarian > Returning to Bracada
SoD: Unholy Alliance > Harvest
SoD: Unholy Alliance > Secrets Revealed
SoD: Unholy Alliance > Union
SoD: Unholy Alliance > Fall of Sandro
SoD: Specter of Power > Poison fit for a King
SoD: Specter of Power > To Build a Tunnel
AB: Armageddon's Blade > Catherine's Charge
AB: Armageddon's Blade > Return of the King
AB: Armageddon's Blade > To Kill a Hero
AB: Armageddon's Blade > Oblivion's Edge
You will know that the table is not working because Current Hero will no longer show your actual hero. In fact, it might even show an enemy hero. I've changed the code so that you can select which kind of scenario you are playing. If the table stops working for you, select Nonconformant Scenarios for Scenario Type (Alt+Z) and it should start working. I don't have a simpler fix for this.

This is very minimally tested. As you can see, there is a long list of maps where the table doesn't work and I don't have the time to test all of them. I have not changed any of this code in the HD table -- even though there are 2 scenarios from the RoE campaign where it doesn't work. I don't know if the table doesn't work with those scenarios in HD. I'd have to play all preceding campaigns to even reach those scenarios.

Both tables: Added a form to modify Specialty. While in the table, hit Ctrl+Y to open the form or click Edit > Specialty. Like the Skills form, this is not synced with the table. Make sure the correct hero is selected before changing the specialty. You will not see specialty descriptions updated in the table or game. Changes only last through the current game session.
Attachments
HoMM3.ct
Signed cheat table, run Heroes3.exe before opening, or manually attach the correct exe. Known to work with GOG distribution as well as the HD mod.
(355 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct
Signed cheat table, launch HOMM3 2.0.exe before opening. Known to work with Steam distribution.
(348.57 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Infinite D-Door will let you cast dimension door as many times as you like per turn, whether you have high skill or not. This is not a player-only script, but I have never seen the PC cast dimension door. Still, I have been quite mistaken about several things about this game until now so who knows.

Heroes3 HD.ct: Town Info now shows detailed info of towns, just like in HoMM3.ct. You no longer need to decipher tiny meaningless icons.

-------------------------
In case BTB, the author of the hacking guide, ever reads this (or if someone wants to inform them):
[from the guide, re Universities] I don't yet know how they load skills, so I can't say how to prevent them from doing so for skills you've removed from the game...
When first loading the map, university skills are set in the function starting at Heroes3.exe+108B56. The skills are actually ascribed to the university through the 8 mov instructions starting at Heroes3.exe+108BCF.
When loading a saved game, the function that writes the skills starts at Heroes3.exe+D4A60 and the actual writing happens from Heroes3.exe+D4A7F onwards.

A university's skills can be changed by enabling this script in CE, then adding 4 4-byte memory records with University as the pointer and offsets 0,4,8,C. The values will be populated upon visiting a university. Note: conflux uni skills cannot be changed using this.

[ENABLE]
aobscanmodule(univ,$process,68 00 08 00 00 68 * * * * 6A 64 68 84 01 00 00)
alloc(newmem,24)
label(code,return,University)
registersymbol(univ,University)

newmem:
  push [ebp+0C]
  pop [University]
code:
  push 00000800
  jmp return
University:
  dd 0
univ:
  jmp newmem
return:

[DISABLE]
univ:
  db 68 00 08 00 00
unregistersymbol(univ,University)
dealloc(newmem)
Attachments
HoMM3.ct
Signed cheat table, run Heroes3.exe before opening, or manually attach the correct exe. Known to work with GOG distribution as well as the HD mod.
(359.12 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct
Signed cheat table, launch HOMM3 2.0.exe before opening. Known to work with Steam distribution.
(350.51 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Last edited by gibberishh on Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyline86
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by skyline86 »

Thank you for your update! But the god mode still active when AI's heroes attack me.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CannonFodder »

gibberishh wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:04 am
Infinite D-Door will let you cast dimension door as many times as you like per turn, whether you have high skill or not. This is not a player-only script, but I have never seen the PC cast dimension door. Still, I have been quite mistaken about several things about this game until now so who knows.

Heroes3 HD.ct: Town Info now shows detailed info of towns, just like in HoMM3.ct. You no longer need to decipher tiny meaningless icons.

-------------------------
In case BTB, the author of the hacking guide, ever reads this (or if someone wants to inform them):
[from the guide, re Universities] I don't yet know how they load skills, so I can't say how to prevent them from doing so for skills you've removed from the game...
When first loading the map, university skills are set in the function starting at Heroes3.exe+108B56. The skills are actually ascribed to the university through the 8 mov instructions starting at Heroes3.exe+108BCF.
When loading a saved game, the function that writes the skills starts at Heroes3.exe+D4A60 and the actual writing happens from Heroes3.exe+D4A7F onwards.

A university's skills can be changed by enabling this script in CE, then adding 4 4-byte memory records with University as the pointer and offsets 0,4,8,C. The values will be populated upon visiting a university. Note: conflux uni skills cannot be changed using this.

[ENABLE]
aobscanmodule(univ,$process,68 00 08 00 00 68 * * * * 6A 64 68 84 01 00 00)
alloc(newmem,24)
label(code,return,University)
registersymbol(univ,University)

newmem:
  push [ebp+0C]
  pop [University]
code:
  push 00000800
  jmp return
University:
  dd 0
univ:
  jmp newmem
return:

[DISABLE]
univ:
  db 68 00 08 00 00
unregistersymbol(univ,University)
dealloc(newmem)

ported HoMM3.ct in this post to work on HOTA, on request
I modified only aobscans in the top most script, and only tested Reveal Map
Attachments
HoMM3.ct
(354.34 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Monsters [Alt+O]: Mouseover any wandering monster stack will show you the number of units, aggression, and whether they will join or have a chance to flee. Aggression can be any number from 1 to 12, and is usually irrelevant unless you always want monsters to automatically fight (i.e., never see a flee message) -- in this case, set aggression to Savage (10).

Horde size can be max 4095. The record will not let you input any higher number. But it will let you input 0, which you should not do.

Ctrl+F will set all moused-over monsters to Always Fight (Savage + Never Flee) by freezing these values.
Ctrl+J will set all moused-over monsters to Always offer to Join by freezing this value. This overrides Always Fight -- monsters will fight only if you don't accept them.
Ctrl+U will unfreeze all values so stacks that you have not run your mouse over will not be influenced.

You can, of course, set any other valid value you want for each stack. Be careful when alt-tabbing to the table; don't mouseover a different stack by accident if you want to modify only a particular stack. There is no exact value for monsters to always flee -- it's calculated based on their aggression, unit count, your army size, primary skills, etc. but you might be able to get many monsters to flee by setting them to "friendly" and "may flee".

Warning: Do not freeze values if the records are not populated (??).

I don't expect this to work in HoTA at all. If you want this in HoTA, use CannonFodder's HoTA script/table.
Attachments
HoMM3.ct
(365.07 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct
(358.8 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

vivac
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by vivac »

CannonFodder wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:34 am

ported HoMM3.ct in this post to work on HOTA, on request
I modified only aobscans in the top most script, and only tested Reveal Map
hero related Function like inf travel, hero edit don't work on hota 1.71 , other seem fine,if you can update the table sometimes it would be much appreciatied.