Mad Max (Steam v1.03)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Mad Max (Steam v1.03)

Post by Paul44 »

Mad Max (Steam & GOG ~ Final release v1.0.3)

Table cheats:
* Player Status:
- God Mode *
- Player Health
- Scrap
- Canteen (water) *
- Ammo
- Fury *
- Death Run (timer)
- Legend & Griffa
* Car Status:
- Car Health
- Car Fuel
- Boost *
- Sniper ammo
* Teleport & Coordinates (waypoint teleport, FreeRoam, Save/Restore Coordinates)
* Challenges (edit pretty much any challenge & complete all)
* Time Of Day (only informational)

(*) these scripts have been taken from other tables (see script details for original authors; if known)

- UPDATE 1 - v3.2
- I've added my own Death Run timer; the other scrip had too much effect on other stuff as well
- Made a small error with Fury script; resolved now.
- I've taken another script for finding Coordinates; this one seems to be a good one... sofar.
(planned to use with Teleport, but having probs in getting Mapmarker coordinates; put on hold for time being)

- UPDATE 2 - v3.7
Important update related to GUI and 'auto-attach': based on (among others) AC BF experience
Added:
- Challenges update: build a list of all challenges to ease editing
- Teleport & Coordinates...: have been revisiting this game quite a few times to figure this one out...!
Since I have not (yet) found the Godmode flag, needed to find a different solution to make this workable
(hence the use of the 'Z-value accelerator' ~ will update info/post_2 in due time)
Important: use Readme instruction guide on how to use these features !
- Time Of Day: at the moment just fyi info. The data is more complex then expected; and can't really spare the necessary time to figure out this one...
- [Tools] menu: also includes 'Select & launch game' and 'Show Tablename' now

- UPDATE 3 - v3.8
Minor update: you should no longer need the Refresh option as I found a solution to deal with it...
(been testing this for about a week now, just to be sure ~ leaving prev vs for time being, also just to be sure :shock: )

- UPDATE 4 - v3.9
Important Challenge update: one can now set all Challenges as complete. HowTo: is explained in 2nd post below...
Note: while I performed said procedure on 5 saves (overlapping several 'time' stages of gameplay) with no apparent problems, I can not guarantee that this action could become a 'showstopper'. I hardly doubt it, but you've been warned...
(see also incl Readme)

- UPDATE 5 - v4.0
Challenge: routine simplified to edit/complete one/all challenges (see readme & 2nd post below)
Added: menu_option 'Disable All Cheats' (or use [Ctrl+F12])

- UPDATE 6 - v4.2
Updated to support GOG version
Some minor changes (corrected F12 teleport fn)
Notes:
- tested all features in Steam/GOG reasonably well, except Death Run. It looks like this uses several routines per "type" of run. Better check up on #VampTY's table which covers all of them...
- I also noticed/registered that - occasionally - Boost accesses several structs, but evt these get killed and correct info is collected/shown. I can/could add additional tests, but this could possibly make things worse; so...
Sidenotes:
- tested with several saves, and only 1 gave a "bizar" result on Challenges. Decided to ignore that :|
- while opcodes seem to be pretty identical, in some cases the corresponding bytes do differ at times (compiler...?)

- UPDATE 7 - v4.4
* Some minor changes
* Manage challenges: completely revamped (using Form now)
* using latest gui
note: challenges aside (did some extensive testing here, but no real gameplay), nothing else has been touched

- UPDATE 8 - v4.5
* Some minor changes
* GUI backend updated to latest release
* complete revamp of Free Roam feature (mouse-controlled now)
(added 'godmode' to "assist" smooth free roaming)
* Added: Save & Restore Coordinates

- UPDATE 9 - v4.51
* Challenge List: shows descriptives now (see also post 2 below)

Readme updated accordingly !

Please, report back when having crashing issues. And make sure you can reproduce it; so that I have something to go on !

ps: I did a fair share of playing the game; and had very little/no problems with all of them enabled. However: if you lock certain values, the game might crash upon reloading/scene cuts/etc...

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
MadMax_v4.51_Released.rar
pw = Fearless
(69.53 KiB) Downloaded 8413 times
MadMax_v4.5_Released.rar
pw: Fearless
(64.53 KiB) Downloaded 2631 times
MadMax_V4.4_Released.rar
pw: Fearless
(60.26 KiB) Downloaded 6096 times
Last edited by Paul44 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.

paul44frf
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Mad Max (Steam v1.03)

Post by paul44frf »

* Other interesting tables:
#VampTY : [ viewtopic.php?p=172416#p172416 ]
#reverser69 : [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15023 ]

* How to complete all Challenges: see Readme...
Madmax challenge list: [ [Link] ]
Sidenote: challenges receiving a large number after 'set as completed' are actually challenges not yet "activated" by the game itsel... (should normally not yet show in the challenge lists...). Above list will help you out in correcting their appropriate Actual/Total values (if needed)!
* Godmode: Mad Max has also a Godmode (obviously :shock:), but sofar could not get the flag. I might need this for a possible Teleport/FreeRoam function (see also [ [Link] ]).
(can not do much with that opcode as I think it is obfuscated either by Steam or that other D-stuff)
Note: there is also a 'invulnerable' tag.
* Console option: [ [Link] ]
(no idea on how to tackle this one for now)
* CE and classnames: [ [Link] ]
a feature I was unaware of till now; CE can detect the classnames in some cases/games (like MM). In order to get the name shown in the addresslist, first get a structure with a pointer pointing to the base of your structure (eg CCar). Define your structure either with that pointer as base/start_address, or some mem_address before that one. Next: select that pointer, and have it added to the addresslist. CE will - in some cases, but not always - automatically add the classname to the description.
(if you do find several pointers, then try out all of them in case one fails...)
Note: if you add the actual base mem_address, you will not get the classname at all?!
* MadMax makes use of the APEx engine: for some more research related to this engine, see JC4 topic here: [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8380 ]
* Mad Max – Collecting Challenge Descriptions: [ [Link] ]
Last edited by paul44frf on Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tomototo88
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Tomototo88 »

Damn paul, how is this that you always come through, always finding odd games to have some extra spicy options (challenge), and you always has those, thanks for that mate!

NCO
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by NCO »

my winrar asks for a password when i try to open the table.

Noire Blackheart
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Noire Blackheart »

NCO wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:02 pm
my winrar asks for a password when i try to open the table.
Password is Fearless, it says it in the file box where you downloaded it.

Mitchy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mitchy »

Hey Paul,

As you may be aware the online server for Mad Max was shut down a couple of months ago. This means Scrap Crews no longer work, preventing the completion of the 'A Penny Saved' and 'Dividend' challenges, and with it the 'Up to the Task' achievement.

I was hoping Cheat Engine might provide a solution. I've never used Cheat Engine before, but found your table to be incredible and surprisingly easy to figure out, and managed to work out in short order how to modify the challenges. Unfortunately I've hit a bit of a roadblock.

You rightly recommend normally just editing the challenges just shy of completion, and then completing it normally. Unfortunately in this case there is no way to earn a single scrap legitimately from scrap crews without the online sever so this isn't possible. I've tried editing the challenge to the full completion amount (i.e.500 / 500 for the first challenge), and while the value shows at full in the game with a full progress bar, it doesn't get recognised by the game as complete and moved to the completed challenges section. This also then means the second challenge doesn't become visible in game (which normally does once the first challenge is complete).

Is there anyway with cheat engine to trigger the challenge completion which causes a popup in game (and awards a griffa token and legend rank) so the game properly recognises the challenge as complete? Or alternatively a way to make the game think scrap has been received from scrap crews? I just want to be able to create a new game save file with those challenges completed and otherwise play the game legitimately.

Thanks

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Mitchy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:40 pm
Hey Paul,

As you may be aware the online server for Mad Max was shut down a couple of months ago. This means Scrap Crews no longer work, preventing the completion of the 'A Penny Saved' and 'Dividend' challenges, and with it the 'Up to the Task' achievement.

I was hoping Cheat Engine might provide a solution. I've never used Cheat Engine before, but found your table to be incredible and surprisingly easy to figure out, and managed to work out in short order how to modify the challenges. Unfortunately I've hit a bit of a roadblock.

You rightly recommend normally just editing the challenges just shy of completion, and then completing it normally. Unfortunately in this case there is no way to earn a single scrap legitimately from scrap crews without the online sever so this isn't possible. I've tried editing the challenge to the full completion amount (i.e.500 / 500 for the first challenge), and while the value shows at full in the game with a full progress bar, it doesn't get recognised by the game as complete and moved to the completed challenges section. This also then means the second challenge doesn't become visible in game (which normally does once the first challenge is complete).

Is there anyway with cheat engine to trigger the challenge completion which causes a popup in game (and awards a griffa token and legend rank) so the game properly recognises the challenge as complete? Or alternatively a way to make the game think scrap has been received from scrap crews? I just want to be able to create a new game save file with those challenges completed and otherwise play the game legitimately.

Thanks
I haven't shared this table of mine for Mad Max, i barely shared few of them for this forum, but anyway, this is for the complete version with all dlc's included for STEAM, this version i have on STEAM and i've made this table for it and is working very well for it only, now regarding what's inside, here goes:

Options:

Campaign [Max] Challenges
Campaign [Max] Fury
Campaign [Max] Health
Campaign [Max] Inventory [Ammo] Reload off
Campaign [Max] Inventory [Ammo] Reload on
Campaign [Max] Inventory [Griffa tokens] Earned
Campaign [Max] Inventory [Canteen/Scrap] Collected/Used
Campaign [Max] Legend [Level]
Campaign [Vehicle] Endurance
Campaign [Vehicle] Fuel
Campaign [Vehicle] Nitro
Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Barrel bash
Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Opus wars
Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Scatter run
Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Time bomb
Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Gastown race]
Game [Speed] Fast
Game [Speed] Slow

NOTE:

<> Activate "Campaign [Vehicle] Endurance" after entering a vehicle and then select "Vehicle [Endurance]" and change the value to "9999" for example and some vehicles won't be destroyed unless you'll deactivate this cheat and remember to disable it after use!
<> Use "Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Barrel bash" on any timed death race, also you can change the values of seconds on " mov [rax],(float)135", meaning "135" is represented by seconds.
<> Use "Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Opus wars" on any timed death race, also you can change the values of seconds on " mov [rax],(float)1", meaning "1" is represented by seconds.
<> Use "Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Scatter run" on any timed death race, also you can change the values of seconds on " mov [rax],(float)135", meaning "135" is represented by seconds.
<> Use "Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Death run] Time bomb" on any timed death race, also you can change the values of seconds on " mov [rax],(float)118", meaning "118" is represented by seconds.
<> Use "Campaign [Vehicle] Timer [Gastown race]" on the timed death race, whyle playing the campaign, also you can change the values of seconds on " mov [rax],(float)415", meaning "415" is represented by seconds.

Use the latest Cheat Engine... ;)

PS: for challenges, do one or two things from the challenge and it will unlock it..with griffa tokens, if i'll remember right [been a while] while you're upgrading or something, just activate it or before..have fun!
Attachments
Mad Max.CT
Latest Version
(12.15 KiB) Downloaded 1673 times

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

@VampTY: thx for sharing; I'm sure it will be appreciated.

@Mitchy: I'm afraid I will not be (immediately) able to help you out. Even though I've a legal version (bought it some years back dirt cheap, like 3 euros or something), I never play(ed) online. So when I was building this table, I used my "old crack" saves to save time...
That said:
a) perhaps #VampTY's challenge option could solve your issue?
b) I can easily adapt the current challenge script to set ALL challenges to 'completed' status?! When I'm back at home, I have a look in my list to see if those challenges are in there (andwhatnot). However: if you ask me about an option to edit the steam achievements, that will be a different ballgame (me think ~ online triggered?!)...
In that respect: mind uploading printscreens of aforementioned challenges in your list, so I know exactly what to look for (value-wise)...?

-EDIT-:
took a bit later (who knew :roll:). I have the 'Penny Saved' as completed, but no 'Dividend' challenge in the list. (and can't remember how that one got completed in the first place)...

Mitchy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mitchy »

VampTY wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:57 pm
PS: for challenges, do one or two things from the challenge and it will unlock it
Hey appreciate the reply, but as I mentioned in my post, with the scrap crew challenge there is no way to earn a single scrap from scrap crews any more, so that's unfortunately not an option.

Mitchy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mitchy »

Hey Paul, cheers for the reply, sorry it's took me a few days to get back.
Paul44 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:13 am
I have the 'Penny Saved' as completed, but no 'Dividend' challenge in the list. (and can't remember how that one got completed in the first place)...
The 'Dividend' challenge, like lots of the challenges is a 'staged' challenge, that only becomes visible (and can only make progress in), once the challenge before it ('A Penny Saved' in this case) is completed. And that's half the problem, when I try to use Cheat Engine to complete the challenge, despite having a full progress bar the game doesn't properly recognise it as complete so not only does it not get moved to the 'completed' section, but the second stage challenge doesn't become visible.

In your case if you haven't got the 'Dividend' challenge visible despite having completed 'Penny Saved', perhaps you used cheat engine to unlock it and have faced the same issue? Is your 'Penny Saved' in the 'Completed' section?
Paul44 wrote:
I can easily adapt the current challenge script to set ALL challenges to 'completed' status?!
While it wasn't ideally what I wanted, that would be an interesting thing to test, and better than nothing if it works. Ideally I just wanted on a new save file to be able to set those two challenges that are no longer possible (due to the online server being shutdown) to 'Complete' and then play the game legitimately. But if that works (could test on a separate save file) I could do it the opposite way around and play the game legit and then when just left with those two challenges use such a script to complete those final two challenges.
Paul44 wrote:
if you ask me about an option to edit the steam achievements, that will be a different ballgame
You don't need to worry about that particularly. The achievement just requires completing all challenges. Which unfortunately is no longer possible. If I could find a way to set those two problematic challenges (or all challenges) as complete properly , the achievement should just naturally unlock. In any case for the achievement I think there is a sort of workaround for that - somebody has previously uploaded a save file to the steam workshop with nearly everything completed (and probably those two challenges completed) which I think I could download and then finish off for the achievement. I just wanted to be able to do it legit (or as legit as possible) in my own save file properly.
Paul44 wrote:
mind uploading printscreens of aforementioned challenges in your list, so I know exactly what to look for (value-wise)...?
The slight snag there is because I can't complete 'A Penny Saved' properly, I can't give you a screenshot that shows the 'Dividend' challenge from my save file because it doesn't appear until the former is completed properly. I could probably use the previously mention save file from the steam workshop if it would be helpful though? 'A Penny Saved' needs 500 scrap and the 'Dividend' needs 2000 scrap I think, in both cases from scrap crews (which no longer work as they had an online requirement). What is the best/preferred/correct way to post screenshots here?

Thanks

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ How about your timing...; just came in to check up and there you go...

anyways: the latest table v3.8 allows you to "complete" all (remaining) challenges in one go:
1. edit the 'Build Challenges List...' script (just double-click the <script> tag)
2. edit 'local bCompleted = 0', and set this to '... = 1'; then press [OK]
3. now 'Enable to run' the script, and run/click/enable it (as usual): it will still report the "old" values...
4. in order to permanently save these changes, back ingame you'll need to do some action in order to get "a" (any) challenge getting updated. since your scrap is still below 500, that should not be to difficult (like run over some cars/andwhatnot) and then you will/should get that "challenge message". normally, this should be sufficient, but best is to fastTravel to force some additional saving...
5. when done, quit the game, restart and verify...

ps: i'm pretty sure that's how I got my 'Penny' (and some more) "completed" instantly, but no idea how this will behave when back online...

IOW: make a backup of your save files prior to doing this !!!

-EDIT-
I forgot about the ptrscrns: I always use 'imgur' (or whatever you use for that purpose); I do not think one can actually 'upload/insert" images here?!
And: if you can get your hands on a save with completed challenge list, then you should also know which max_value corresponds with 'Dividend'... (if it is just a flag 0/1, then bummer I suppose)

Mitchy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mitchy »

Hey Paul,

Thanks for you reply, really appreciate your efforts.

Unfortunately even with this new method I'm still running into the original issue. All the challenges show with full progress bars as a result of your script but even after then completing a (any) challenge manually (and so getting the popup), fast travelling and restarting the game, the challenges haven't moved to the 'Completed' section and are still effectively showing as in progress in the relevant sections despite having full progress bars. This has the knock on effect that later challenges aren't unlocked to be visible or completable. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? - Have you actually managed to get your challenges to show as completed in the 'Completed' section?

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ see here: [ ].
Note: the difference between 2nd image (script run w/ completed) and 4th image (after achieving a - 3rd image - 'challenge completed'). That's your indicator that everything got saved properly... and btw: no FT is needed; just quit and relaunch...
(as said before: only 'a penny saved' shows up in my (offline) case)

ps1: in this particular case, after receiving that message, I also cleaned a scrap case (as I picked this up in some small camp). whether this did the trick, I can't tell but you now know what to verify...
ps2: not every "uncompleted" challenge will return a message. I first tried with a 'scarecrow', but got no response there so...

Mitchy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mitchy »

Thanks Paul, yep that's the same thing it did for me.

Sorry to keep pushing the point, but are the completed challenges actually listed in the 'Completed' section (Rather than All, Wasteland, Ground Combat) for you? Going from your screenshot I don't think they are for you either, so the game hasn't properly recognised them as completed.
Paul44 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:32 pm
>(as said before: only 'a penny saved' shows up in my (offline) case)
As I mentioned previously, that's because your 'A Penny Saved' challenge (along with all the others) are not recognised by the game as completed properly, so the following challenge is not unlocking.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ I actually missed that part, about 'showing up in Completed list'... my bad, and you are right. I just did a quick comparaison between some "effectively" completed records, and the 'Penny one'. Result: [ ]...
Do not get your hopes high though; it still keeps saying that some challenges are still active in the Legend overview?!

Practically: i'm currently "on a break", but obviously need to double-check this before pm-ing you an update. Probably by the end of the day...