XCOM: Chimera Squad

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Belnick
Cheater
Cheater

Re: XCOM: Chimera Squad

Post by Belnick »

Liolande wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:20 pm
Belnick wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:48 pm
Liolande wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:07 pm

i dont know why you all dislike the game? i like it, as i liked xcom apocalypse.. and i really REALLY hope for a Xcom3 from Firaxis!! :) especially because Phoenix Point from the old founder are so... unsatisfying.. ;)
1, why would they make a new version of the worst X-Com game?
2, what are you talking about??????
sure apocalypse was a city, but you had full base building, full capture and dissect, pick up and research, defending the city with different tanks and planes .
X-Com Apocalypse was very similar to the other X-Com games, except that it was a city and not a planet.
Chimera squad is pretty worthless if you compare, the research is more like silly walls that should not been there in the first place, there is no base building at all in this game, you are stuck on one silly base, your biggest squad is 4 ppl....how is that even a "squad" ?
the capture have no function other than some silly intel points, you get no info after researching monster/soldier etc...
There is no base defense, they never attack your base.
There is shooting down ships and learn technology from them....instead you are stuck with Enhanced weapons, even if you master craft research them(might be a text bug?) or you find some "epic" weapons that are the same as one you are using except they have 1 extra skill......
X-Com have always been that you start with basic human stuff and you get better stuff as you progress by researching and interrogating aliens/enemies......but in this game you keep same boring weapon thru the end.....
I finished it, took like 6-8 hours, did not keep count as I was alt tabbing and doing another game at same time as it was so boring....breach, breach, breach, breach................

Did the devs of chimera squad really say that they took inspiration from x com apocalypse to make this travesty or was that your own opinion?
Ufo Defence
Ufo Terror of the depth
Ufo Apocalypse
is the order i place those games, but I still prefer Apocalypse over Chimera Squad any day

im not trashing you, i just dont agree with your point as I have played and I still play the original three UFO(x-com) games on an old 233 mhz and 266 mhz computer :P
UFO Extraterrestrial is the best modern version of the UFO series, followed by Xenonauts...
That is why im waiting for UFO Extraterrestrial 2 and Xenonauts 2 over a new x com with slendermen................
Yep, after i played it 10h i fully agree with what you sayed. It IS ... boring... there is no new stuff...
and i still play the old ones too, but - ufo extraterrestrial is better than the old ones i think.. is my personal favorite!
my ranklist are:
1. Ufo Extraterrestrial Gold Edition
2. Xcom2 from Firaxis (because better Grafiks and tons of Steamworkshop-Mods)
3. Ufo Defence
4. Xcom Apocalypse (because you can go to the AlienDimension, pretty nice.. :D )
5. Xcom1 from Firaxis
6. Ufo Terror from the depth
7. Ufo Aftershock & Aftermatch(pretty the same games, those two)
8. XcomChimeraSquad
9. placeholder --- 10. placeholder --- 11. placeholder ~~~~~~
99. Phoenix Point ... okay... isnt that bad... but very disappointing.

sadly i never give xenonauts a try? ... maybe in the future.. but now i hope for Ufo Extraterrestrials 2 this year! hopefully in a month! :D
and i still hope for Xcom3 from Firaxis, because even a bad turn-based syfy or fantasygame is (FOR ME) even better than shooter or other games. :)
I did forget about those aftershock, aftermatch and afterlight, they were pretty decent games, I think i replayed them many times, and I think one of my harddrives still have them installed
Xenonauts felt like the original UFO defense, similar to UFO extraterrestrial, but maybe a bit shorter?
the "reboot" UFO/X-com were decent too, started playing war of the chosen but have so far not found it any difference from the basic version.
I have also waited for UFO Extraterrestrial 2 for like 10 years :P
but they are a very small team as i understand it, at least compared to game dev companies

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Whisperer
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: XCOM: Chimera Squad

Post by Whisperer »

I LOVED the UFO After* trilogy. Had many of the old-school elements with sufficiently updated graphics.

Plus, any game doing good terraforming gets me (I wish there were more), and terraforming Mars was awesome. The environment changing in your missions as trees and green started appearing, that massive lake growing and eventually flooding one of my bases. Plus the story twist once terraforming reaches a certain point.

Too bad Phoenix point wasn't exactly a great success. They did finally fix the 10+ aircraft bug though.

Anyways, I wonder if they create DLC for Chimera. Hope not, let them focus on XCOM 3.