Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PC, Version 1.4.1)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
fearlessfan1
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PC, Version 1.4.1)

Post by fearlessfan1 »

I made a table to change everybody's link points with each other.

Since there are over 500 pairings I used the following python code to generate the table. Do people usually use external python to generate large tables, or do they use the lua code, or how is it generally done in the community?
code used to generate table of everybody's links with each other

Code: Select all

link_index = ["Rean","Alisa","Elliot","Laura","Machais","Emma","Jusis","Fie","Gaius","Millium",10,"Sara","Angelica","Towa","Sharon","Claire","Toval","Elise","Alfin","Vita","Lloyd","Rixia","Altina","Crow"]

id = 1

print('''<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable CheatEngineTableVersion="31">
  <CheatEntries>''')

for aname in range(len(link_index)):  
    print('''    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>%s</ID>
      <Description>"%s Links"</Description>
      <Options moHideChildren="1"/>
      <GroupHeader>1</GroupHeader>
      <CheatEntries>''' % (id,link_index[aname]))
    id += 1

for bname in range(len(link_index)):
        if bname == aname: pass
        else:
            print('''        <CheatEntry>
          <ID>%s</ID>
          <Description>"%s"</Description>
          <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
          <Address>ed8_2_PC_US.exe+67D454</Address>
          <Offsets>
             <Offset>90C+%s*4</Offset>
             <Offset>00180D98</Offset>
          </Offsets>
        </CheatEntry>''' %(id,link_index[bname],str(hex(0x240+0x30*aname+ bname)).replace('0x','').upper()))
            id += 1

print('''      </CheatEntries>''')
    print('''    </CheatEntry>''')

print('''  </CheatEntries>
  <UserdefinedSymbols/>
</CheatTable>''')

As a bonus, besides the ability to change game difficulty, and also I am also including the ability to move the position of your character to any coordinates on the map. So you can attempt to talk to people you are blocked by a wall or exploring unreachable areas.

If you want some fun , there is a guy in a locked room at the twin dragons bridge in act 1 part 1, if you use the code to move through the wall to to access the room to talk to him, his head pops off.

Feel free to add to any existing tables if you find the stuff useful.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
ed8_2_PC_US.CT
Change Everybody's Links, Char Pos on Map, and Game Difficulty
(488.07 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

bisoy069
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bisoy069 »

Hmm Any tips how to fix unable to tick the enable box? im using latest CE version but it wont let me tick the enable box.

Edit*
I seem to have found the reason why it doesn't execute.
I Hope you can help :)
Thanks!

iyeru
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by iyeru »

EXP Multiplier doesn't seem to work on Cheat Engine 7.1, it gives the error

ExpMultAOB2 in module ed8_2_PC_US.exe not found

In addition, like the latest table for the first game, if you leave the game running for a time, exit cheat engine, then start cheat engine again and try the table again, it may not be able to enable unless you quit the game entirely and start the game again.

Also, altering the EXP value for characters does nothing, it immediately changes back to what they had after a battle. Freezing EXP doesn't work either.

Romangelo
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Romangelo »

Can we get a party members editor like CS3?

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I am returning to this game during my vacation and may plan to play through it, so worked on updating some of this table. You can always go back to 1.4 using the beta tab of Steam and use that table, but I have Infinite Turns Left working now. I also put in an Improved Master Quartz EXP Multiplier that works well for me. I fixed EXP Multiplier for this version also. There is very little left that does not work. I'm not sure if I will spend more time on the table or just play through it some.

It's in EDIT 2.0 file.

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I have progressed to picking up Angelica in Act 2 - Part 2 and I noticed the Emblem Master Quartz effect was nice to have, so I made an option to always have the Emblem Effect and make it 100% Triple Advantage Chance. This can help with the achievement and overall battles. I also put in a Run Speed Multiplier in the last update I forgot to mention.

It's in EDIT 2.5.

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

Glad to see you're actually playing the game! You spend so much time on making the table, you should enjoy the game as well :)

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

Why are these games so long!!! Haha

Almost 50 hours in my game and in final part of the epilogue, so not much more to go, but then they make you play new game plus to get all achievements.

I think I will fix the Infinite New Game points and will post that later. Then I might just be done with this game for now.

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I was able to complete the game one time so far. I've fixed Infinite NG+ Points and Always Have Moebius Effect for Items, but this only appears to affect items targeting enemies. I think they nerfed Moebius in this game to not affect items targeting allies. Anyway, I think most major things work now. A few things still don't but I made it through the game just fine without it. I actually hardly used arts at all in my playthrough.

It's in EDIT 2.75.

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I decided to do one more option in an effort to help get some trophies for myself. Battle Trophy Multiplier. This affects the battle stats, so Overdrive, Link attacks, etc. This makes things go somewhat faster and you can set the multiplier for what each one counts as.

It's in EDIT 3.0. Enjoy!

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:52 pm
I decided to do one more option in an effort to help get some trophies for myself. Battle Trophy Multiplier. This affects the battle stats, so Overdrive, Link attacks, etc. This makes things go somewhat faster and you can set the multiplier for what each one counts as.

It's in EDIT 3.0. Enjoy!
Thanks for the update! ToCS2 is still the game to play around in at least until ToCS4 comes out coz you reeeeeeeally don't want to cliffhang yourself on 3 when 4 isn't out yet. If you do start playing 3... stop like... 75% of the way through.

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

Thanks for the tip about Cold Steel 3. I guess I can perhaps do a new game plus run of this, but may speed run through it if I can.

I also have the option of completing some of the earlier games in Trails in the Sky and Crossbell arc series.

It is so easy to miss a chest in this game for the achievement to get all chest in one playthrough.

I did a little research to cheat this achievement, but it's hard to finalize anything because you only get one shot to pop the achievement.

Anyway, here is my research for this game. I was able to cheat the achievement with the first chest in the prologue on my second playthrough.

Code: Select all

The following AOB controls where the game stores how many chest you have open,
I have not researched too much, but find out the addresses this instruction accesses and then
browse the memory region and set some addresses before and after to FF.  It took like 3 rows of 0x20 bytes per row for me to
get the Spoils of War achievement when opening the first chest in the prologue after setting the FF bytes.

AOB is as follows:
08 84 3A 22 14 00 00 8D 86 00 EA FF FF 66 3B C1 77 0F

logicx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by logicx »

Is there a way to activate
Spoiler
the Phantasmal Mirror outside of the reverie
or would that require modding the files of the game?

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

Someone requested an option to let Phantasmal Mirror's work everywhere instead of just the final dungeon. After a little research, I was able to find the option. Enjoy! You have to still equip the mirror, but it works outside the final dungeon with the option enabled.

It's in EDIT 3.25.

Hayasu
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Hayasu »

Thanks for the hustle, Drummer. Just wondering if there are any options available to modify your Party members? Like this guy goes and stays in this slot etc. Cheers man