Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny (GoG)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

Hi all,

I suppose/hope I got it at last! This game changes the addresses at every start, so te addresses can not be used with the usual Membase+Offset technique.

So instead I tried to create an AOB-Scan for the bytes before our values, and this seems to work. At least with my own savegames, this AOB-Scan always returned with the correct address. Hope it works for you, too. If not: suggestions/solutions are really welcome :)
How to search yourself
All values are stored as 4-Byte-Integer. The only address which is not constantly changing (except the usual Membase of DosBox) is a disply value for mana, but I could not figure out how this value is getting set.

So to find the correct addresses for your current sesion, just create a new game. The default values are 8 Hitpoints and 20 Mana.
The order of values In memory is mana max, mana current, health current,health max. So set the Value type for "array of byte" and search for "14 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00". The one and only address you find contains the values...
So, if you push life and mana really high, you should have no problems in the further gameplay.

have fun,
Marc

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Lands of Lore 2.CT
XP for mage+fighter: doubleclick on the XP, set to FFFFFFFF and freeze it. Fight+Cast something, both levels will be pushed to 30.
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Lands of Lore 2.CT
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Last edited by Marc on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny (GoG)

Post by Csimbi »

Why don't you use Game Wizard?

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Incredible. This game is a ridiculously tough nut to crack.
Does this table also include toggles for the different transformations? I remember sitting around for almost 30m waiting for a transformation to get access to a secret area, very frustrating.

Two questions:
How did you get it to Alt-Tab? Did you use the Direct3D (I think?) version?
What is GameWizard?

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

Why don't you use Game Wizard?
Two problems:
  • I don't know how I can integrate Game Wizard into the ready-build Dosbox-Relese from GoG
  • I doubt it would solve the actual problem because the game changes the relevant addresses every start. As far as I know, GW does not support Pointers (it's been so long...)
Does this table also include toggles for the different transformations?
Nope, had to much "fun" to actually find a way to get the actuall addresses.
What is GameWizard?
GameWizard is/was the very first memory-Cheat-Tool for the PC. It only runs in DOS, remained in the background and could freeze your game and then search for values. Good old times :)

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Ah ok, so this is for the Dosbox release not the 3D one. I remember I ended up having to go with the 3D version because of how unstable the Dosbox version was. I will have to take another look.

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

Wait a minute, there are two versions of this game?

Takagi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Takagi »

Marc wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:12 am
Wait a minute, there are two versions of this game?
Yes. Westwood often did that. It's like with Command & Conquer, Red Alert and so on. The same exact box used to include both DOS and Windows version with the last one supporting 3dfx.

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Unfortunately does not seem to work for the current version. I used the provided Dosbox version (which is surprisingly not as bad as I remember it).

So the only way to find the values is under array of bytes? Searching for unknown values decreased/increased via 4 bytes did not seem to get any reliable hits.

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

At least I could not find a better way. Because the game is dynamically allocating memory in the dosbox.

As mentioned in the first post, I'd be glad to get some ideas/solutions to this problem. :)

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Not sure if it is helpful, but I have tried modifying item counts in the past. It seems like it works, but then it also looks like it permanently modifies that inventory slot.

TheVine
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by TheVine »

Man this one is a huge pain.

I'm trying to get access to some positional variables but to no avail - all the addresses are in constant flux.

There's a normally-inaccessible area over a huge lake in the Dracoid Ruins, so far no one has ever been over there to see if there's anything interesting. Possibly nothing, but... you never know!

CopperB
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CopperB »

I tried to figure out how to contact EA in hopes they might release the source code of this old devil of a game, but i can't even seem to find some centralized email to contact them at for something like that. And i doubt their support team is even "outfitted" with either knowledge or ability to take a request like this to higher in the chain then the person responding to the "tech support ticket"...

If we had the source code, we'd be able to patch the game AS WELL as cracking the constant dynamic code!

TheVine
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by TheVine »

It's a bummer, too - used to absolutely love this game, but it didn't quite take off or become all that well-known. Would absolutely love to be able to play around with the code of this game.