The Outer Worlds [Engine:Unreal 4.21] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Otis_Inf
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: The Outer Worlds [Engine:Unreal Engine 4] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by Otis_Inf »

amoebae wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:44 pm
I was running as admin (I'm running the game as admin as well, of course), it said it injected successfully, weird it would come up fine in 1013 but not in 1014. I'll try again. My input.ini file is being successfully updated with console command history (when I have a working unlocker), so there doesn't seem to be a permissions issue.

The injection methods are different between them, right? With 1014 I select a process, similar to in your SRWE program, but in 1013 it works the same as the one SunBeam modified -- it recognises the process automatically and brings up the little black console window to say it was successful. Is that right? (I apologise, this is my first time using a UE4 console unlocker, so I'm not very knowledgeable about what to expect.)
The injector is different indeed, I shipped a UI based injector with the unlocker as it was a long time request from people to do so and it's cumbersome to edit the ini for each game you're running. But if it doesn't show a black dos/console window with the menu then the injection 'worked' but the dll didn't inject properly. It's weird, as I had it once or twice here too but I couldn't find what it was. :(
Toggledebugcamera doesn't automatically turn off any hud elements in TOW. The game's own 'Turn off HUD' in the UI menu turns off everything but menus, which is the ideal behaviour. showhud works on its own (no 0 after it) in SunBeam's version. Some combination of showhud or showhud 0 semi-works in your 1013, but I can't work out why it's only re-enabling some hud elements and not others. Is this where I need to press DEL (I'm sorry I don't know what UWD means)?
UWD is the hud system in ue4. :) DEL does hide some of them, but not all indeed. showhud hides others, and combined it worked ok, but some are still visible (like conversation menus). the commands itself are equal in the unlockers, as they're not added by the dll, but are the commands in the game so they should work the same. However if you first pause the game, then hiding the hud might fail (same goes for starting the debug camera first).

Pausing can also be done by 'slomo 0' and continue with 'slomo 1', this works ok. I can hide everything (showhud 0 and DEL) except the background of subtitles....

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Rydian
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: The Outer Worlds [Engine:Unreal Engine 4] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by Rydian »

General advice: They may need to right-click the DLL, go to the properties, and click the unblock button.

JustJane86
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by JustJane86 »

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the utility works on the gamepass version of the game. I've used the generic UE4 unlocker to get access to the console, but I don't think that one can dump the name and objects lists. am I allowed to ask if someone could upload a copy of NamesDump.txt and ObjectsDump.txt so that I can search through them despite playing on gamepass? I'm aware the address information will be inaccurate, but the rest of the information is still something I'd like to be able to look over without buying the game when I've already got a digital rental.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Here's some fun stuff you can make use of (the Engine surely does): [Link].

Theorac
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Theorac »

Thank you. Oh, this is fun :) "AddItemDebug (itemID) (count)"
The item IDs are lines without the "/Game/Blueprints/Item/" or other fluff. Just the name.

NamesDump.txt has:
  • Consumables start around [00353048]? Not tested disguises. Regular edibles start at [00353133] Drink_CP_MockAppleJuice?
  • Moolah! Im rich!: [00353430] Bit_Cartridge. Also of Note: Bypass_Kit, ArmorPart, WeaponPart, ElectromagneticLockpick
  • Junk starts at: [00353434]
  • Loot Tables: [00353564]
  • Armor mods [00356123] / Melee mods [00356211] / Ranged mods [00356263]
  • Quest items [00356312]
  • Weapons start around [00361132]. Look for lines with weapon names just under the 2 \Variants\ entries.
[Link]

Edit: Heh, someone already has some useful commands picked out: https://www.fearlessrevolution.com/theouterworlds/mods/1

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I've been looking into the Reputation system. It looks like the maximum value for reputation is 200. As a DWORD. There is no easy way to get this working, but I will put up something together :P

Zanzer
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Zanzer »

My table has reputation if you need a starter :)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Yeah, but I'd like to do it from UE4 console commands ;) Here goes:

1) Open ObjectsDump.txt generated for your current level map; if you've not pressed Numpad / for a while, do so now.
2) Ctrl+F for Function Indiana.FactionManager.AddReputation_BP (e.g.: [00027243] Function Indiana.FactionManager.AddReputation_BP 0x000001D8A0D64740)
3) Add its address to your list and offset it with 0x90. As DWORD, hexadecimal. (e.g.: 1D8A0D64740+90 will show this value: 04022401).
4) OR the value with 0x200. As in add 200 hexa to it (e.g.: 04022401 + 200 = 04022601). Turn the 4 to a 6.

You've now unrestricted the "AddReputation_BP" function; it will now execute when called, instead of doing nothing.

Then run the below commands to tamper your Reputation:

AddReputation_BP <FactionData> <EReputationType> <EReputationIncrementType> <Custom> <EReputationActionType>

Where:
FactionData::Groundbreaker_C //Groundbreaker
FactionData::Anarchists_C //Iconoclasts
FactionData::MSI_C //Monarch Stellar Industries
FactionData::Syndicate_C //SubLight Salvage & Shipping
FactionData::TheBoard_C //The Board
FactionData::Roseway_C //Auntie Cleo
FactionData::CnPFactory_C //C&P Boarst Factory
FactionData::Deserters_C //Deserters
FactionData::EmeraldVale_C //Spacer's Choice

EReputationType::Positive
EReputationType::Negative

EReputationIncrementType::None
EReputationIncrementType::Low
EReputationIncrementType::Medium
EReputationIncrementType::High
EReputationIncrementType::Custom

EReputationActionType::Invalid
EReputationActionType::Damage
EReputationActionType::Kill
EReputationActionType::Trespass
EReputationActionType::CrimeRestrictedAreaDisguise
EReputationActionType::CrimeRestrictedAreaNoDisguise
EReputationActionType::CrimePickpocket
EReputationActionType::CrimeLockpick
EReputationActionType::CrimeHack
EReputationActionType::CrimeDisguised
EReputationActionType::CrimeTheft
Examples:

AddReputation_BP Groundbreaker_C Positive Custom 1 0
AddReputation_BP Groundbreaker_C Negative Custom -10 0

If you want to do both types of reputations at the same time, use the "|" character as a commands separator:

AddReputation_BP EmeraldVale_C Positive Custom 1000 0|AddReputation_BP EmeraldVale_C Negative Custom -1000 0

^ That will turn Spacer's Choice Positive Reputation to 100% and the Negative Reputation to 0%. All in one go :)

BR,
Sun

P.S.: Note that you can also use integers for the enumerators, all but the first parameter (e.g.: AddReputation_BP Groundbreaker_C 0 4 1 0).

Fragilicious
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Fragilicious »

Hey guys, possibly being dumb here but I can't find where The Outer Worlds is stored on my PC (I've got it on XBL Game Pass for PC). I've looked in WindowsApps but I can't find it in there. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can use the UE4 injector?

EDIT: I've found the file and injected the DLL. However the console isn't working. I've gone to the input config file per advice from original UE4 unlocker page and added the bind for the tilde key but still no console when in the game. Any ideas as to what to try next? I'll keep googling in the meantime.

Thanks.

outerworldz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by outerworldz »

Anyone know if its possible to change your characters appearance? Specifically hair type and hair color. The devs should have included the option on the captain's room. Shame they didn't have higher budget/time..

Flamatar
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Flamatar »

I have installed the console and everything successfully, but for whatever reason, the dump files don't have permission to write in the directory (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_1.0.369.0_x64__hv3d7yfbgr2rp\Indiana\Binaries\Win64).
Is there a way to change where the files write to?

I've tried changing the permissions, but even as an admin, all the options to change the directory permissions are grayed out. Annoyingly.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

It will not work on UWP. I did specify in the main post in this topic that this is just for Epic Store. For Windows Store, you need to figure out how to un-restrict the "application" itself (granting folder privileges OR dumping in another folder with access privileges will still not work; the application is sandboxed), then when writing a simple file via the usual APIs to disk works, so will the dumper work.

jonasbeckman
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by jonasbeckman »

The other UE4 console unlocker and injector will work for that version if attached to the game during runtime though anything extra apart from opening the console itself and default commands plus a few hotkeys will not so the available commands can vary a bit for what works and what's been removed or simply doesn't do as expected which can be a downside depending on how the shipped version was built and what got stripped out for this functionality. :)
Bit surprised the build process doesn't strip it out entirely actually but it's good access to the console can be restored even if it might miss a few functions.

Just waiting to see what the future plans for the game is and what the first patch might do, game might not be very long but it sure can be crash prone so it's on the backlog for now and just seeing what Obsidian will do so not much progression with it so I haven't done much with the CE scripts and other utilities.

Fallen Order on the 15th supposedly uses UE4 too from what I am hearing, might be entertaining to see if that can also be accessed or unlocked. :D
(Guess EA isn't pushing for Frostbite quite as extensively anymore and Respawn also didn't opt with using their build of the Source engine as in Titanfall 2 this time.)

EDIT: Eh not the best explanation, there's ways to access the console prompt but some scripts and functionality might be stripped out in the release version of the game depending on how it was built and so that can limit things a bit.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

jonasbeckman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am
Bit surprised the build process doesn't strip it out entirely actually but it's good access to the console can be restored even if it might miss a few functions.
That's not how UE4's code works. The console creation code is independent from functions that can be called by using the console. The console creation code simply instantiates the UConsole UObject, registers the pointer to the listeners list and writes this pointer to the GameViewportClient UObject at a certain offset that is checked for by the engine code constantly. That's all. Now.. the fact that you then run fly, god, etc. that will not do anything is not a consequence of the console not having been created :) It's a consequence of these individual functions being flagged as "not for Shipping" :) That's why they are not compiled. Simple as that.

P.S.: I've managed to write a nice dumper in Lua that gets the item details while inspected in the PlayerInventory ;) Got ArmorSets, Helmets and Weapons to gather (got the rest in a nice Excel). Then I have another hook in the GetPlayerAllItems function that will allow you to generate only a certain category of items OR one single item of your interest. Of course, I cannot manipulate stats; they are predefined to be generated with certain stats. One could probably control that aspect as well, but in order to get there, you'd need to map a shitload of engine functionality to understand what the member-functions do. I've done such a thing up to the point where I can just filter out what I want, but not past that :) Table and Excel file in-bound this week. Just for fun.

doc.alvah
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by doc.alvah »

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:28 am
Here's some fun stuff you can make use of (the Engine surely does): [Link].
I'm trying to get the "DebugKillCompanions" command to work, so they would die in battle on difficulties other than supernova. Tried adding 0-5 and True, doesn't work, what's the right way to enable that command, or an alternative to it?