Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
truechimaera
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Post by truechimaera »

Tried the downgrading of the game and it didn't work. I would really like to see this table updated for the current version of this game, it has everything that I want.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

steerpike242
Cheater
Cheater

Post by steerpike242 »

I'll give it try when I can. I'm pretty sure that I've attempted to roll back a different game with moderate level of success but no harm in trying.

Edit: So I seem to have successfully downloaded version 1.0.0.0 only the same thing is happening and I can't seem to make use of the codes on cheat engine.
DuncanId wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:22 pm
steerpike242 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:22 pm
Typical. Just when I get a copy of the game, it gets update and the tables become ineffective. lol Sucks to be me.
I'm on the same boat, but I believe there is an option on steam to revert the game to previous versions using the steam console

Here are the instructons: [Link]
I'ts not user friendly and I'm not sure it works with all games, but I had to do it in a few games(like the bunker) to solve issues and it worked, I'ts worth a shot

Edit: the command to download the version after th only update would be
download_depot 1026680 1026681 6690602264714227718
of course you wont have the fixes from the update(few, according to my experience with square enix)
as a workaround until the table is updated I've just tried and it works

ookmalvin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ookmalvin »

Thanks so much for the work on this!!!!

evony42209
Cheater
Cheater

Post by evony42209 »

Hi!

I am trying to find the remastered version of summoning Odin.

In PSX, the addresses are:

300EDF34 0007
300EDF4C 0007
300EDF64 0007
300ED74C 0007

I know the values have changed and I am not a familiar with debugging a game.

Maybe you can help me with this.

Thank you in advance!
DrummerIX wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:24 pm
I have a couple of options so far for Final Fantasy 8 Remaster on Steam. Will work on more as I have time. This game has some built in cheats also, so not sure what else is needed.

Options so far:
Inf HP In Battle
One Hit Kill/Enemy Damage Multiplier
ATB Multiplier for Allies and Enemies
EXP Multiplier
Inf Magic Use (In-Battle, Out of Battle)
Inf Item Use/Set Minimum Amt On Use (In-Battle/Out of Battle)
AP Multiplier
Draw Magic Multiplier
Max Boost (Summon)
Always Able To Limit Break
Have 100 Each of Level 1-7 Cards (Except Pupu)
Have 1 of Pupu Card
Have All Rare Cards
Save Anywhere
Unlock All GF
Pointer to Gil
Option to Set All Current Items To A Minimum Amount You Specify
Pointers to Highlighted Item Editor
Pointers to Highlighted Magic Editor
Pointers to Highlighted Character Editor
Pointers to Card Trading Rules, Card Game Rules and Queen of Cards Location

The game is coded differently than modern games, so currently I only have a 2 hit kill working. I have to search other places in the code to get it down to a one hit kill. Will try to do that as I have time.

EDIT 1:
I put in an AP Multiplier and Draw Magic Multiplier so far. The Two Hit Kill seems a little unstable to me, so I will need to improve that I think, but will work on it later.

EDIT 1.5:
I put in an Infinite All Items (Outside Battle) and Highlighted Item Pointer. I borrowed the Item List from Squall8's table for the 2013 version, so thanks to him for that. You can change any item to another one with the Highlighted Item Pointer.

EDIT 1.6:
Attempted to fix the error with Enable on some systems introduced with EDIT 1.5. Hopefully this works better for you.

EDIT 2.0:
As far as Cards go, there might be an Have All Cards already in the game, but I translated the Gameshark have all cards someone posted on the Internet to this game. It's divided into Have 100 of Level 1-7 Cards (Except Pupu), Have 1 Pupu Card, and Have All Rare Cards. I'm not sure you can change the stats of the cards, but maybe you can just get the rare cards and play the card game if you enjoy it. I think this is the last update for the night. Will make more options as I have time tomorrow.

EDIT 2.5:
I fixed my option for One Hit Kill/Enemy Damage Multiplier and also put in a Save Anywhere option in this update. Be sure to save multiple slots in case you have issues with using Save Anywhere in certain cases.

EDIT 2.6:
I left in a Unlock GF in EDIT 2.5 that didn't work, but I fixed it in this update, so Unlock All GF is a valid option now.

EDIT 2.7:
Another attempt to make Save Anywhere work properly. It seems okay to me now with this update.

EDIT 3.0:
I put in Highlighted Character Editor and Highlighted Magic Editor in this update. I borrowed offsets and drop down lists from Squall8's table for the 2013 version, so thanks to him for that work.

EDIT 3.5:
I found Gameshark codes on the Internet for some card rules and trading rules as well as the Queen of Card location. I successfully ported them to options in this version of the game. You may have to freeze the values you want as sometimes they change (trading rules).

EDIT 3.6:
I added in an ATB Multiplier option for Allies and Enemies. You can speed up your turns and slow or stop enemies with this option. Again, there might be an option already provided in the game for this, but I decided to do one in the table. I also reworked the One Hit Kill option because someone said Squall was getting one hit killed with it on. I'm not sure exactly why as I cannot reproduce but did some code change to try to help.

EDIT 4.0:
I put in the EXP Multiplier being requested and a pointer to Gil in this update.

EDIT 4.1:
I put in pointers to the Card Game Rules in each location in this update by request. You may have to freeze values to make sure they stay set, but you can turn on or off specific rules in each location.

EDIT 4.5:
My friend requested a few options I put in this update. Max Boost for Summons, Inf Magic Use (In-Battle, Out of Battle). I reworked the Inf Item Use/Set Minimum Amt On Use to work better in battle and out of battle. The old Infinite Items was renamed Set Current Items To Minimum Amount You Specify and moved to the Pointer section.

EDIT 4.6:
I was able to get an Always Able To Limit Break option working in this update.

EDIT 4.7:
I think I fixed the Always Able to Limit Break to allow Squall to do his finishing move. It triggers for me now, but it it still random by design (It doesn't always trigger).

EDIT 4.8:
I fixed the Save Anywhere option to work past Disc 2 now in this update.

EDIT 5.0:
I fixed Always Able To Limit Break to do the Limit at the highest limit level in this update.

EDIT 5.1:
I attempted to fix Always Able To Limit Break again. It appears Squall's limit is a little random even on the highest level of 4. Sometimes I get up to 10 hits and others just 6 or 7 I think. Anyway, I didn't want to spend more time trying to figure out how to always give 10 hits for Squall, so this will have to do. It does appear the highest limit level at this point in the code is 4.

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I'm sorry, but I am not currently playing this game or any game at the moment. Kind of busy with other things.

evony42209
Cheater
Cheater

Post by evony42209 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:29 pm
I'm sorry, but I am not currently playing this game or any game at the moment. Kind of busy with other things.

Not a problem, I appreciate your time. Thank you.

fardriel
Cheater
Cheater

Post by fardriel »

There's a hell of a lot of micro-optimization going on in the final update. They must have decided they'd never be updating it again, because the code structure is completely different from the one used in DrummerIX's tables. I haven't been able to update a lot of his scripts yet, because they have to be completely rewritten and their injection points found again, but I got all the pointers working (plus made some of my own).

For those interested in the cards portion of the table, rare cards are handled differently from common cards - they're stored as an enum, not a quantity, so only one of each can ever be in your deck. I'm pretty sure the enum is also responsible for where the card appears, so you can swap the locations of the rare cards around, if you want to. You could theoretically have Ifrit drop every single rare card, or, if you missed a rare but don't want to add it directly to your inventory, just choose a location for it that you've not yet passed, and it should appear there. I haven't tested whether or not you can add multiple rares to the same opponent's deck - it might only find the first card with that location set. And make sure you freeze the card rules (put a red X in the box) so they don't change on you - the game tends to change rules a LOT, and sometimes without telling you.

Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory.

Features:
Spoiler
Scripts:
Infinite Magic (Except when setting to 0 - this is necessary to avoid unwanted game behavior)
Infinite Items (Except when setting to 0 - this is necessary to avoid unwanted game behavior)
Summon Boost Always 255
Base XP Multiplier
Bonus XP Multiplier
AP Multiplier
Have 100 of each non-rare card (except PuPu)
Have 1 PuPu card
Have All Rare Cards

Pointers:
Gil
Time Played
Battles Won
Battles Escaped
Character Current HP
Character XP
Character Stat Bonuses
Character ID (Controls the battle model of the character)
Character Kills
Character Times KO'd
Character Magic
Character Junctioned Abilities
Character GF Compatibility
Card Possession
Card Quantities
Rare Card Locations (including "Obtained" as in, currently in your possession)
Card Game Rules
Card Trading Rules
Queen of Cards Location
Updates:
Spoiler
UPDATE 4-
Fixed Base and Bonus XP Multipliers to also apply to third character in the party

UPDATE 3-
Fixed new data type so you can search for values with it quickly (it was previously very slow)
Added some pointers
Fixed Character XP pointer to be 4 bytes (previously wasn't working for characters above level 66)
Migrated DrummerIX's "Have All Cards" scripts

UPDATE 2-
New data type for GF Compatibility, so the numbers will make sense to you
Pointers that aren't magic-related no longer rely on the magic pointer offset
XP scripts would break for very large XP values - they are now limited to giving you 65535 XP maximum (the most possible)
Various bug fixes

UPDATE 1-
Added the rest of the item/magic names
Added 2 XP multiplier scripts - base XP and kill bonus XP
Changed all multiplier scripts to float values, so you can do decimal multipliers
Attachments
FFVIII.CT
7/8/20 - Update 4
(137.41 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
FFVIII.CT
4/29/20 - Update 3
(137.32 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
FFVIII.CT
4/28/20 - Update 2
(134.45 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
FFVIII.CT
4/27/20 - Update 1
(135.52 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
FFVIII.CT
Current as of 4/26/20
(125.38 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Last edited by fardriel on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Y2j1915
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Y2j1915 »

I downloaded your table and I'm not seeing any cheats am I doing something wrong?

fardriel
Cheater
Cheater

Post by fardriel »

Put a red X in the box next to "Final Fantasy 8 (Steam)" by clicking on the empty box, and the Enable cheat will show up below it. Click its box after you've attached CE to the FF8 process and the other cheats will show up.

If you haven't, I recommend taking the CE tutorial, available from the Help menu.

ScorpoCross94
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ScorpoCross94 »

It does not look like this is working? I am unable to click on Enable

fardriel
Cheater
Cheater

Post by fardriel »

Can't imagine why. What do you see at the top of the context menu when you right click on Enable after trying to activate it? It should tell you what the error was with activating it.

NandoStrife
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Post by NandoStrife »

I downloaded the CT edit version 2.7 and it didn't work

I used the 7.1 cheat engine

I mark Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) [X] Ok, but on enable [] I click and nothing happens, when clicking with the right mouse button it appears in the first line <>

I'm just trying to unlock GFs, if possible only Siren

if anyone knows the code I appreciate
Last edited by NandoStrife on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RaggedCritic
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by RaggedCritic »

fardriel wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:05 am
Can't imagine why. What do you see at the top of the context menu when you right click on Enable after trying to activate it? It should tell you what the error was with activating it.
Looks like it's failing to allocate memory.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

RaggedCritic wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:08 am
fardriel wrote:
I'm getting the same thing, and that's with the .ct updated on 4/29.

fardriel
Cheater
Cheater

Post by fardriel »

Shirokaido wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:54 am
RaggedCritic wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:08 am
fardriel wrote:
I'm getting the same thing, and that's with the .ct updated on 4/29.
Can either of you give an exact error message?

There's lots of reasons it could fail to allocate memory, but the only one I can think of that would be happening off the top of my head, with the way I wrote the code, is that FFVIII is being run as administrator and cheat engine is not, so windows won't let cheat engine allocate memory inside the FFVIII process. An exact error message might shed more light on the situation.
NandoStrife wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm
I downloaded the CT edit version 2.7 and it didn't work

I used the 7.1 cheat engine

I mark Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) [X] Ok, but on enable [] I click and nothing happens, when clicking with the right mouse button it appears in the first line <>

I'm just trying to unlock GFs, if possible only Siren

if anyone knows the code I appreciate
My table can't unlock GFs, it can only give you their cards and change their compatibility. I remember I once went looking for the GF structs to try and figure out how to do things like unlock them and edit their abilities, but gave up because it was too odd. Even sorting out their compatibility was hard enough.