Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Post by DrummerIX »

I have a couple of options so far for Final Fantasy 8 Remaster on Steam. Will work on more as I have time. This game has some built in cheats also, so not sure what else is needed.

Options so far:
Inf HP In Battle
One Hit Kill/Enemy Damage Multiplier
ATB Multiplier for Allies and Enemies
EXP Multiplier
Inf Magic Use (In-Battle, Out of Battle)
Inf Item Use/Set Minimum Amt On Use (In-Battle/Out of Battle)
AP Multiplier
Draw Magic Multiplier
Max Boost (Summon)
Always Able To Limit Break
Have 100 Each of Level 1-7 Cards (Except Pupu)
Have 1 of Pupu Card
Have All Rare Cards
Save Anywhere
Unlock All GF
Pointer to Gil
Option to Set All Current Items To A Minimum Amount You Specify
Pointers to Highlighted Item Editor
Pointers to Highlighted Magic Editor
Pointers to Highlighted Character Editor
Pointers to Card Trading Rules, Card Game Rules and Queen of Cards Location

The game is coded differently than modern games, so currently I only have a 2 hit kill working. I have to search other places in the code to get it down to a one hit kill. Will try to do that as I have time.

EDIT 1:
I put in an AP Multiplier and Draw Magic Multiplier so far. The Two Hit Kill seems a little unstable to me, so I will need to improve that I think, but will work on it later.

EDIT 1.5:
I put in an Infinite All Items (Outside Battle) and Highlighted Item Pointer. I borrowed the Item List from Squall8's table for the 2013 version, so thanks to him for that. You can change any item to another one with the Highlighted Item Pointer.

EDIT 1.6:
Attempted to fix the error with Enable on some systems introduced with EDIT 1.5. Hopefully this works better for you.

EDIT 2.0:
As far as Cards go, there might be an Have All Cards already in the game, but I translated the Gameshark have all cards someone posted on the Internet to this game. It's divided into Have 100 of Level 1-7 Cards (Except Pupu), Have 1 Pupu Card, and Have All Rare Cards. I'm not sure you can change the stats of the cards, but maybe you can just get the rare cards and play the card game if you enjoy it. I think this is the last update for the night. Will make more options as I have time tomorrow.

EDIT 2.5:
I fixed my option for One Hit Kill/Enemy Damage Multiplier and also put in a Save Anywhere option in this update. Be sure to save multiple slots in case you have issues with using Save Anywhere in certain cases.

EDIT 2.6:
I left in a Unlock GF in EDIT 2.5 that didn't work, but I fixed it in this update, so Unlock All GF is a valid option now.

EDIT 2.7:
Another attempt to make Save Anywhere work properly. It seems okay to me now with this update.

EDIT 3.0:
I put in Highlighted Character Editor and Highlighted Magic Editor in this update. I borrowed offsets and drop down lists from Squall8's table for the 2013 version, so thanks to him for that work.

EDIT 3.5:
I found Gameshark codes on the Internet for some card rules and trading rules as well as the Queen of Card location. I successfully ported them to options in this version of the game. You may have to freeze the values you want as sometimes they change (trading rules).

EDIT 3.6:
I added in an ATB Multiplier option for Allies and Enemies. You can speed up your turns and slow or stop enemies with this option. Again, there might be an option already provided in the game for this, but I decided to do one in the table. I also reworked the One Hit Kill option because someone said Squall was getting one hit killed with it on. I'm not sure exactly why as I cannot reproduce but did some code change to try to help.

EDIT 4.0:
I put in the EXP Multiplier being requested and a pointer to Gil in this update.

EDIT 4.1:
I put in pointers to the Card Game Rules in each location in this update by request. You may have to freeze values to make sure they stay set, but you can turn on or off specific rules in each location.

EDIT 4.5:
My friend requested a few options I put in this update. Max Boost for Summons, Inf Magic Use (In-Battle, Out of Battle). I reworked the Inf Item Use/Set Minimum Amt On Use to work better in battle and out of battle. The old Infinite Items was renamed Set Current Items To Minimum Amount You Specify and moved to the Pointer section.

EDIT 4.6:
I was able to get an Always Able To Limit Break option working in this update.

EDIT 4.7:
I think I fixed the Always Able to Limit Break to allow Squall to do his finishing move. It triggers for me now, but it it still random by design (It doesn't always trigger).

EDIT 4.8:
I fixed the Save Anywhere option to work past Disc 2 now in this update.

EDIT 5.0:
I fixed Always Able To Limit Break to do the Limit at the highest limit level in this update.

EDIT 5.1:
I attempted to fix Always Able To Limit Break again. It appears Squall's limit is a little random even on the highest level of 4. Sometimes I get up to 10 hits and others just 6 or 7 I think. Anyway, I didn't want to spend more time trying to figure out how to always give 10 hits for Squall, so this will have to do. It does appear the highest limit level at this point in the code is 4.

EDIT 6.0:
With the update they did to this game awhile back, it looks like a total code rewrite. This game is coded a little weird anyway since it's based on PS1 I think. I spent some time by request to fix up a few things for the latest version of the game. I basically had to start from scratch. I have most Pointers working. You can give yourself cards and modify the quantity of all your items. I have Inf HP working, so it should be able to keep you from dying. The rest of the options will have to wait if at all. I kind of don't want to devote another 10 or more hours trying to get everything working again. I have some basic things working again and hope it's enough. You cannot die, so hopefully that helps. You can also select the character to edit manually and the Character Editor works.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 6.0 file (Rewrite to get things working in latest update, Inf HP and most Pointers work now)
(78.93 KiB) Downloaded 5954 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 5.1 file (Fixed Always Able To Limit Break)
(75.57 KiB) Downloaded 915 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 5.0 file (Inf Magic Use, Max Boost, Reworked Inf Item Use, Always Able to Limit Break)
(75.25 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 4.1 file (EXP Multiplier and Gil Pointer, Pointers to Card Game Rules options)
(70.95 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 3.6 file (Card Trading Rules and Queen of Cards location Pointers, ATB Multiplier)
(40.34 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 3.0 file (Highlighted Character Editor and Highlighted Magic Editor)
(33.91 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 2.7 file (Save Anywhere, Fix One Hit Kill, Unlock All GF)
(18.37 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 2.0 file (Have All Card options)
(15.87 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 1.6 file (Infinite Items and Highlighted Item Pointer)
(13.71 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
FFVIII.CT
EDIT 1 file (AP Multiplier, Draw Magic Multiplier)
(7.22 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Last edited by DrummerIX on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.

kvh
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Post by kvh »

Damn, that was fast! Thank you for this already!

BlackMonster
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by BlackMonster »

any chance for these cheats:

- AP multiplier
- 1 draw=100 magic
- cards have max stats

ty

FirstofEden
Cheater
Cheater

Post by FirstofEden »

I wonder if the code structures are similar to the original PSX? If so, it shouldn't be difficult to get the old codes working... and I have tons. Guess I'll find out.

kvh
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by kvh »

I don't know if this could be done, but if at all possible, could there be a cheat for winning triple triad? I know FFIX had one for its card minigame.

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I put in a couple more options. Not sure if I have more time today, but I will add some more things when I get time.

kamijoan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kamijoan »

Really fast work. Is there a way to force card rules or change them with CE?

MonkeyDson
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MonkeyDson »

I have not been able to enable the newest Verison... Please help

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

MonkeyDson wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 pm
I have not been able to enable the newest Verison... Please help
It works for me, but if you have CE 7.0, tell me what it says when you right-click it after trying to Enable.

MonkeyDson
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MonkeyDson »

At the very top Error while Scanning AOB: HighlightedItem AOB Not found

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

MonkeyDson wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:37 pm
At the very top Error while Scanning AOB: HighlightedItem AOB Not found
I attempted to fix it with EDIT 1.6, but not sure if it will work for you. I changed the AOB for the varying parts on some systems perhaps. Let me know if it works.

MonkeyDson
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MonkeyDson »

worked beautifully lol Ty

dethboy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by dethboy »

Thanks so much for starting work on this!!!!

DrummerIX
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DrummerIX »

I put in some card codes and that's it for tonight. Will update more tomorrow as I have time.

Chronos Knight
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Chronos Knight »

Thanks for the quick work! Could you put an option for unlock all Guardian Forces? Thanks in advance! :D