Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Re: Final Fantasy 8 Remaster (Steam) (Released September, 2019)

Post by DrummerIX »

yeriano wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:16 pm
i don't know whatever is just my case but it seems like there is a bug on Limit Break option.

when i used Quistis laser eyes, it's instantly kill all enemy ( i just used laser eye, i can't test other limit break bacause i 'am not far enough) and for squall it only do series of slash without doing finisher (whatever you call it,ex:rough divide)

If i'am not wrong, the previous version didn't have always limit break either, instead used inf aura duration (maybe because of the same reason)

Btw, if you have times, can i request cheats for always Lion heart Limit break for Squall.

Thanks
Try EDIT 4.7. I think I fixed this issue in that update. At least the finishing move part. Quistis Laser Eye only killed one enemy for me. You may have had One Hit Kill on or something.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

yeriano
Cheater
Cheater

Post by yeriano »

DrummerIX wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:34 pm
yeriano wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:16 pm
i don't know whatever is just my case but it seems like there is a bug on Limit Break option.

when i used Quistis laser eyes, it's instantly kill all enemy ( i just used laser eye, i can't test other limit break bacause i 'am not far enough) and for squall it only do series of slash without doing finisher (whatever you call it,ex:rough divide)

If i'am not wrong, the previous version didn't have always limit break either, instead used inf aura duration (maybe because of the same reason)

Btw, if you have times, can i request cheats for always Lion heart Limit break for Squall.

Thanks
Try EDIT 4.7. I think I fixed this issue in that update. At least the finishing move part. Quistis Laser Eye only killed one enemy for me. You may have had One Hit Kill on or something.

Yes it's working.

My mistake for Quistis. What i mean it kill one enemy instanly even T-Rex which i'am pretty sure it impossible at very early game ( Heck,you can't even see "numbers" pop up when you used laser eye). The lastest version fixed it too.

Thanks

Chrono
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Chrono »

DrummerIX wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:13 pm
Chrono wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:07 pm
Thank you for all the work you've put in.

The save anywhere script doesn't seem to be working for me anymore, from the start of disc 2 onwards (starting near the prison part). I've tried older version, but they don't work either.
I will need a save game where you are at to fix that.
Sorry, was thinking of doing that but didn't know where they were kept lol. I've found it now, pass is 1234.
Last edited by Chrono on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I fixed Save Anywhere to work past Disc 2 in EDIT 4.8. Thanks to Chrono for the save game in that area. I hopefully fixed it to work all the time now. I'm using a different injection point.

eternal_wait
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by eternal_wait »

There are 4 levels for limit breaks this can be easily noticed with Zell as his limit break shows a timer. In the latest changes to the script zell always uses his weakest limit break with only 4.66 seconds. This also means that every other character is using the level one(weakest) limit break. This did not happen in previous versions of the script.

Crisis Level | Duel Time
--- |----------
1 | 4.66 s
2 | 6.66 s
3 | 9.33 s
4 | 12 s

i hope you can find a way to force the level 4 limit break as it currently forces the weakest form. This will also affect the finisher chance for squall and other characters limit breaks.

Thanks,

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

eternal_wait wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 am
There are 4 levels for limit breaks this can be easily noticed with Zell as his limit break shows a timer. In the latest changes to the script zell always uses his weakest limit break with only 4.66 seconds. This also means that every other character is using the level one(weakest) limit break. This did not happen in previous versions of the script.

Crisis Level | Duel Time
--- |----------
1 | 4.66 s
2 | 6.66 s
3 | 9.33 s
4 | 12 s

i hope you can find a way to force the level 4 limit break as it currently forces the weakest form. This will also affect the finisher chance for squall and other characters limit breaks.

Thanks,
Sorry for all the issues with the options. It was fairly simple fix with last update. According to Squall8's 2013 table, the highest limit level is 5, so I set it to that. Squall was doing 10 hit Limit with that option and his finisher was executing very often for me. Try EDIT 5.0.

eternal_wait
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by eternal_wait »

tested the 5.0, game crashes or freezes for anyone using limit other than squall. But squall is doing the highest level limit.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

eternal_wait wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:50 am
tested the 5.0, game crashes or freezes for anyone using limit other than squall. But squall is doing the highest level limit.
It will be tomorrow before I can look further into it. If you want to go back to only level 1 limit, change the mov byte ptr [edi],5 to mov byte ptr [edi],1 in the script.

I will look more into it tomorrow.

yeriano
Cheater
Cheater

Post by yeriano »

eternal_wait wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:50 am
For the one that didn't want wait DrummerIX doing his magic until tomorrow, just change the mov byte ptr [edi],5 to mov byte ptr [edi],4 ( it just my own stupid reasoning, if "1" change to to lowest and "5" make it freeze, then tried "4". It's working for me)

There is no freeze and it make duel last 12 s. can't try squall limit as i'm not far enough

I take no responsibility whatever the change break your game.

Liquidcobra
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Liquidcobra »

Hyne FF8 Save Editor works perfectly from what I can tell.

[Link]

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

It appears setting it to 4 seems to work, but Squall's limit is still somewhat random on giving up to 10 hits at the highest level. I fixed the table in EDIT 5.1 and I hope this works well for now.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I think the table is fleshed out fairly well. I know there are still a few requests, but I'm not sure I want to spend more time on this game looking for things. Let me know if anything else is required to have and I might look for it, but I'm pretty sure the table is good as is barring any issues with the current options.

Chrono
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Chrono »

DrummerIX wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:09 pm
It appears setting it to 4 seems to work, but Squall's limit is still somewhat random on giving up to 10 hits at the highest level. I fixed the table in EDIT 5.1 and I hope this works well for now.
Squalls limit break is as you've said, random. Crisis level 4 is the highest level of limit break though (ref; [Link])

I'll leave another couple of requests here if you feel like doing them at some point.

100% steal/mug rate
Monster spawned modifier

I'm not sure if it will help, but here is a [Link] to some gameshark codes. Namely, the [Link] and [Link]

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Chrono

Lostgunman
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Lostgunman »

I am loving this! I don't need any more codes myself...but some suggestions in case no one else thought of them?

Suggestions:
Always win card game
Card ability 100%? (I think this uses the damage on the monster as % right now)
Monster HP is always 1 (This could allow the Card ability to always have best chance?)

Karlos_007
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Karlos_007 »

It's amazing, good job!

Everything works except:
Inf Item Use/Set Minimum Amt On Use (In-Battle, Out of Battle)
Error:[string "lua_aobscan("InfItemUseAOB","FFVIII_EFIGS.dll..."]:1: attempt to call a nil value (global 'lua_aobscan')
I added some stuff myself such as adding all magic and items at once, teleport and things like that, but this table has almost everything.