System Shock: Enhanced Edition

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

System Shock: Enhanced Edition

Post by STN »

Made by Csimbi

I don't have the game on Steam; this is intended to fill the request posted about the Steam release here.
It might work.

I looked into the health only, but I suspect energy follows the same principles.
So.
Health is a single byte and if you search long enough, you will find the value twice.
Once in raw format for display purposes, and a second time for internal purposes. The latter one is a calculated value so it's not that obvious.
The GOG.com build seems to be pretty static for both the memory and the code locations.
You will find the addresses in the table for the displayed values and the encoded one, plus a bunch of code points.
I also added an AOB script to zero out damage - this might work on the Steam release as well.

If the script does not work on the Steam build, try finding the raw value.
The raw value is verified vs. the encoded value tons every second, so it will lead you there if you want to follow it.
Once there, see what writes the encoded health when you take damage, and then look for a check on the damage value a few lines above.

Good luck!

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
sshock.CT
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

GavrielLoken
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition

Post by GavrielLoken »

After years of leeching from the CE community, here's my first contribution. I absolutely suck at finding the pointers in almost all the modern games. But I lucked out on this one due to its simplicity, you find it and no need to search what access what.

Anyway, if there is an update and it breaks this updated table, search them using 2 bytes. The gun ammo/heat are per slot, so if you drop a gun, or add another one, it will move around. Also, the heat and the power strength are linked. Disable the cheat, switch to your new heat based gun, and then re-enable the cheat. Also, when dropping your gun, disable the gun cheats! Or your game may crash, or you will end up losing the gun whilst it moves from inventory slot to the other.

Oh, and I felt no need to create another thread to share the updated table. It is the same one as above, just updated with the new pointers, and added name change + infinite ammo.
Attachments
sshock.CT
(24.32 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

JollyHellos
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by JollyHellos »

Think one of the recent updates broke the table could you by any chance help me in figuring this out? Feel like a proper brainlet but I'm not sure what to search?

Edit: Nvm found the energy and health values, each individual weapon slot seems a bit too daunting so I'm passing on that but if anyone wants the table:
Attachments
sekhmet_x64.CT
(26 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

DonHenar0
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by DonHenar0 »

JollyHellos wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:52 pm
Think one of the recent updates broke the table could you by any chance help me in figuring this out? Feel like a proper brainlet but I'm not sure what to search?

Edit: Nvm found the energy and health values, each individual weapon slot seems a bit too daunting so I'm passing on that but if anyone wants the table:
Sadly, not working on a Steam version :(

JollyHellos
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by JollyHellos »

Sadly, not working on a Steam version :(
[/quote]

Apologies should have mentioned I'm using the gog version, I think you could probably find the values the same way I did. Setting the value to byte>Unknown Initial Value>Get attacked to lose a few HP>decreased value>keep repeating these two steps till you find two values as stn mentioned. Same process for energy you'll just have to screw around with the sparq beam and a recharge station to speed up the process.