Battletech

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Battletech

Post by SunBeam »

[QUOTE="hamed91211173, post: 43776, member: 7910"]i add 1000.000.000 without problem i think you change every record and not return the wrong ones to it's original[/QUOTE]

I prefer using the feature in [I]my[/I] table than modding files or directly tapping into the DWORD value. But each to their own :p
Last edited by SunBeam on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by illusionbreaker »

Very cool! Could you do Experience next?

tontsa00
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by tontsa00 »

[QUOTE="illusionbreaker, post: 43789, member: 157"]Very cool! Could you do Experience next?[/QUOTE]

Experience is easy to get, just edit "SimGameConstants.json" with notepad on "BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatasimGameConstants" folder and change "BaseXPGainPerMission" : 400 to any amount, think 1 million should be enough for max every skill. This trick works on all Mech pilots.

Martell
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Martell »

[QUOTE="tontsa00, post: 43795, member: 846"]Experience is easy to get, just edit "SimGameConstants.json" with notepad on "BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatasimGameConstants" folder and change "BaseXPGainPerMission" : 400 to any amount, think 1 million should be enough for max every skill. This trick works on all Mech pilots.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. That file also has the StartingMechTechSkill variable if 30-day refits are pissing you off.

Tonnage is under BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatachassis and needs to be updated individually.

Don't forget to edit BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatajumpjets if you increase tonnage.

Anglican
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by Anglican »

Would it be possible to cheat tonnage via cheat engine or do you have to do that on game files instead?

cowbot
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by cowbot »

[QUOTE="Anglican, post: 43828, member: 1173"]Would it be possible to cheat tonnage via cheat engine or do you have to do that on game files instead?[/QUOTE]

In theory, yes, but editing the files is faster (unless someone does cheat that nops a chunk of code responsible for adding weight or checking the limit). You can mass edit files via software such as textcrawler (it has free version for personal use) if you know regexps.

pachvara
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by pachvara »

[QUOTE="Anglican, post: 43828, member: 1173"]Would it be possible to cheat tonnage via cheat engine or do you have to do that on game files instead?[/QUOTE]

PRO tip for everyone who wants to update tonnage: change the value of "InitialTonnage" string to negative number and you mech will start with -50 tonns for example. In that way mechs will stay in their weight class. Only down side, that on drop game will say that you going under armed to mission, but you still can go to fights.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by Lord Blade »

[QUOTE="tontsa00, post: 43783, member: 846"]Can you make option for instant mech refit ? Or is it possible to change that by editing game files ?[/QUOTE]

You can change all that in the game files.

You want SteamSteamAppsCommonBattletechBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatasimGameConstantsSimGameConstants.json

Open that file with Notepad+ and you can tweak most aspects of the game.

The other folders in data will have specific things like mech specs, weapons, etc. You could do things like make all Heat Sinks and Jump Jets weigh 0, and then load up your mechs with them. :p
Last edited by Lord Blade on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shi117
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Shi117 »

[QUOTE="Lord Blade, post: 43887, member: 911"]

You want SteamSteamAppsCommonBattletechBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatasimGameConstantsSimGameConstants.json

Open that file with Notepad+ and you can tweak most aspects of the game.

The other folders in data will have specific things like mech specs, weapons, etc. You could do things like make all Heat Sinks and Jump Jets weigh 0, and then load up your mechs with them. :p[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that change the AI enemy loadouts also to be more difficult (as in now they have 0 tonnage heat sinks or extra tonnage on their mechs or weapons that deal more damage etc)? Or do they use preset loadouts regardless of what the item details are?

StonerMk2
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by StonerMk2 »

[QUOTE="Grey, post: 43839, member: 16688"]Also having trouble trying to edit Inventory, was keen to test Double Heat Sinks but when i edit the number they bug out after confirmation, cannot seem to get more than the original one i stripped off the first SLDF Highlander you get from the mission[/QUOTE]

What you can do if your trying to get Double Heatsinks is find the file(s) to make them purchasable in the store. The files you want to look at is Gear_HeatSink_Generic_Double.json in the heatsinks folder (open it up in something like Notpad++) and the file shopdef_Components_intro.json in the shops folder. Obviously this will just make the buyable, and you can make them cost nearly nothing.
Last edited by StonerMk2 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

pachvara
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by pachvara »

[QUOTE="Lord Blade, post: 43887, member: 911"]Any chance of a "no heat" option?[/QUOTE]

you can edit file in BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdataheatsinks. I set value "DissipationCapacity" in standart one to 3000 and it works like a charm. Strangely enough it seems doesn't affect AI mechs.
Last edited by pachvara on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadMac
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by MadMac »

[QUOTE="squall23, post: 43845, member: 784"]Would it be possible to upload a table with separate God Mode entries? As in have damage reduction but no damage multiplier, etc? If not, is there a way that I can edit the table to fit my requests?[/QUOTE]

If I understand the way its done you would need to decompile Assembly-CSharp.dll find the Setgodmode and edit the line

weapon.StatCollection.ModifyStat("debug", -1, "DamagePerShot", StatCollection.StatOperation.Float_Multiply, 10f, -1, true);

Now I might not be 100% on this

diabloamezon
Cheater
Cheater

Battletech

Post by diabloamezon »

You can edit the shop to sell your choice of weapon. Edit the shopdef_Weapons_base_0 and shopdef_Weapons_base_1.

Madcapper
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Madcapper »

Uhh guys i somehow screwed up the salvage settings in the simgameconstants.json file and i have no idea how to fix it :(

I can't continue past Priority salvage since it says to choose 14 items while i only have 7 slots for 7 items in which i can't continue halp!

hentai-sama
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by hentai-sama »

[QUOTE="Madcapper, post: 43957, member: 13580"]Uhh guys i somehow screwed up the salvage settings in the simgameconstants.json file and i have no idea how to fix it :(

I can't continue past Priority salvage since it says to choose 14 items while i only have 7 slots for 7 items in which i can't continue halp![/QUOTE]

change "ContractFloorSalvageBonus" to 28,

Anyone know hot to change salvaging rate from 1/4 to mutch lesser. i set salvaging in all missions to 360, but when i pick it min is 90 and there are only 7 slots.