[Help] Pointer not found for Alan Wake v1.07.33.72514 Steam

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
naroutitu
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[Help] Pointer not found for Alan Wake v1.07.33.72514 Steam

Post by naroutitu »

Hi guys !
I'm trying to find the static address of the life bar but can't find it. I used the techniques from the tutorials, the pointermaps etc... But unfortunately, I always come across a null result (no correspondence). Any ideas to help me?

Edit 1 : I will give some details. I open the game and I find the variable which is linked to the life bar and which acts on it when I take damage.

When I do a search in hexadecimal for the value of esi, nothing at all....

I create a pointermap, restart the game, find the variable, create a new pointer map and run a pointerscan and... nothing at all.......

PS: If I try to run a pointerscan without checking the "offsets" box, an "access violation" message appears

EDIT 2 :
I found it but by pure chance. I managed to run a pointscan without offset. I tried to filter the results as best I could and took a good amount at random. I came across the holy grail and realized that there were 7 offsets in a row... I had found the first one but how could I have found the others? Advice to give me to facilitate my future research ?