[Help] Batman Arkham City - Call Unrealscript Function with Params

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
OddIt
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Batman Arkham City with Co-op

Post by OddIt »

Wow thanks for your feedback!

My end goal was to get 2 local player co-op working in batman arkham city, sort of how there's a mod for Arkham Asylum to play local co-op.

However the limitations of my knowledge and the DebugCreatePlayer exec command being stripped out on PC Shipping compile really took my ideas away.

I did manage to spawn 2 players with some tricky hex editing of Engine.upk in GameViewportClient CreateInitialPlayer. However both shared player 1 camera, and forcing splitscreen didn't matter, half the screen would just be blank as both player 1 and player 2 shared player 1 camera.

The next ideas I had was to find a large exec function, change it to what I needed called (Create Player 2), and then for the remainder of the function just declare some string of whatever length to fill up the space until the end of the function.

My only valid options to have it maybe work would be hacking on PC since the xenia emulator crashes very quickly in the open world part of the game.

However the amount of time and effort for a "maybe" wasn't worth it to me. Because of the camera, if the new player spawned as if I typed `debugcreateplayer 1` but didn't use a new camera I'd be no further ahead. Plus I've no idea how to call functions on an existing variable, I'm sure it's doable but no idea how to figure out what bytes call what function on a playercontroller pawn to setup a camera.

Plus I would've also had liked forcing player 2 to be robin which is a whole extra layer of problems.