Backpack Battles Demo Steam gamehacking

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
theo1996
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Backpack Battles Demo Steam gamehacking

Post by theo1996 »

This is my first game I tried hacking but it seems to me it is too advanced for me...
-I found the stamina/sta cap address by searching for all types and added a range to the initial value.
-Then I checked what accesses this address and found some instructions which I will include i the codelist of the attached CT file .
-I checked what addresses the instruction accesses and there are a lot, including sta/sta cap.
-Since the sta address is not stable I thought I wold see how the address is calculated in the instruction, I ran a backtrace with a trigger for the sta address but it is changed in at least 5 places before and the backtrace ends there before i can find a good place for the address calculation.( I havent tried increasing the backtrace log to more ta 1000).this is one dead end.
-The other method I tried is aobinecting near the sta address and mov'ing the supposed sta value into my [sta] value and display it statically in the address list that way.BUT i encounetwered some black assembly magic .The sta address contains instructions AND and the same time in the memory view stores the sta value.how is that possible? I try to aob inject by it is kinda difficult to find a unique aob because the code changes in that area.

Look at the codelist for the "addsd" instruction and see what accesses it and set it to type value double and look for a 5(starting value changes in battle) or a 6 if you cycle the shop for a stamina bag that increases your stamina by 1 after equiping it.

You can look if you want only at the last script in the .ct file to see the 'mov' I mentioned and how the address stores both the value and instruction, you will find that ypurself if you search for the sta value a lot of mov's ,eax,rax and al.

Can someone more learned explain what is going in here and what am I supposed to do?

A quick note, this game is online and offline singleplayer, if you go offline it plays you against your Dark Reflection so its not an entirely online game and my main question would be the black magic happening where addresses store a instruction but also a numerical value in memory viewer(hp,sta,gold etc) at the same time.
I did everything in offline mode.
Attachments
BackpackBattles.CT
my progress,its messy
(182.99 KiB) Downloaded 1068 times