Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
blazonry
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Post by blazonry »

Rennie-Boy wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:30 am
For those having issues using this mod along side ReShade I did the below which worked for me on Windows 11:
- Rename the dxgi.dll installed by ReShade to D3D12.dll
- Place the dxgi.dll from this mod in your root game folder
- Play the game. Now you should hopefully have the mod working along with ReShade
This method is the one that worked for me, thank you!

robboten
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by robboten »

I just want to say thanks to SunBeam for making these posts about how you think/find things in games. And for sharing your pdb files! I am so grateful and it helps me a lot to learn how to understand game hacking. I don't know how much time I spent looking thru your old Wolfenstein files for example. So thanks again for sharing your knowledge and your wonderfully clever cheat tables!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Rennie-Boy wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:30 am
blazonry wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:28 pm
I posted an alternative so you won't have to do all these swaps: viewtopic.php?p=313388#p313388. But yeah, if you feel like dropping a DLL to game folder is faster than extra double-clicking the injector once you go in-game.. fine by me :) Whatever flies your plane :P

And you're welcome, thanks for all the appreciation :) "Keep on keeping on!"

blazonry
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by blazonry »

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:57 pm
I posted an alternative so you won't have to do all these swaps: viewtopic.php?p=313388#p313388. But yeah, if you feel like dropping a DLL to game folder is faster than extra double-clicking the injector once you go in-game.. fine by me :) Whatever flies your plane :P

And you're welcome, thanks for all the appreciation :) "Keep on keeping on!"
Haha, I have MASSIVE ADHD and will simply forget to launch the injector after I boot up the game, so having something that does it automatically is better for me personally. I did some testing earlier and the DLL version still works like a charm. Thanks for the work you put into this!

axelv
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by axelv »

Good day,

I sincerely hope that my question won't be interpreted as a "request".

Is there a possibility to bypass the OS version request that Starfield.exe performs upon launching, which yields infamous "your graphic card does not meet requirements" message?
Assiming the hardware is at the "high settings" level and only the OS is older than required 22H2, but is stable, can run anything and is not upgradable.

mastergaming234
Cheater
Cheater

Post by mastergaming234 »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:17 pm
dubzz wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:13 pm
ah yeah i wasn't using winrar not sure why it didn't default. I got it downloaded but now the game just crashes. I had reshade installed I assume I just need to uninstall all of those files?
Rename the dll to dinput8.dll if you use ReShade. Kindly read the posts BEFORE yours T_T viewtopic.php?p=313176#p313176. We're not here just to solve your issues or serve you in your posts. Thanks.
I been having a issue where steam cloud save has not been is not updating to none of my recent saves when I used this other achievement enabler that had a plugin and you had to use a version bink2w64.dll to get it to work. I have switched to your version of achievement enabler and still it wont update my steam cloud. So i been stumped of why it wont update.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

mastergaming234 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:17 am
still it wont update my steam cloud
Nothing to do my DLL. And honestly, if you've used any other DLLs in the process, I can't speak for those authors. My suggestion: take it up with Steam or simply delete your Cloud save (you can find on google how to do that).

m01s33nk0
Cheater
Cheater

Post by m01s33nk0 »

tried your dlls to transfer steam saves to gamepass, nothing, but i'm tried ^_^

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

The DLL is designed to do 2 things:

- constantly write a value 0 to an address (whenever you use a console command, that value is set to 1; because of it, on every manual or auto-save, the save-game gets flagged as modded; now it won't)
- flips (sets) a flag in Player structure called bEverModded to its non-ever-modded state, BUT YOU HAVE TO TRIGGER A SAVE FOR THIS TO WORK

Now.. if you just go in-game load save and hope it's been undone (if you already had it in modded state), then nothing will happen. Load game, manually save the game, then do whatever you want with the save-game. But please, pretty please, don't turn my DLL into some other thing that it isn't. Whatever you do with the saves afterwards isn't my concern or the DLL's.

BR,
Sun

hekatoncheir
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by hekatoncheir »

Excuse me for asking but how do i pull up the console after putting this into the game folder and booting up the game?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

hekatoncheir wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:14 am
Excuse me for asking but how do i pull up the console after putting this into the game folder and booting up the game?
Like with the majority of games with a console, by pressing Tilde (`~) key. If it doesn't work and you have the keyboard in some other language, then google how to change language to EN (or here: [Link]). Then it will work.

MattC95
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MattC95 »

Thank you so much, Sunbeam. Tried everything but this actually fixed my save files after using console commands on PC and transferring the saves over to Xbox. Able to get achievements again on Xbox with a 1m weight limit now!

Jammy_Twin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jammy_Twin »

Just to confirm with Sunbeams .dll active, once you've used the console commands and added whatever you'd like to your now "modded" save (credits/traits/ammo/consumables/weapons/armour &Carry weight) etc you make a manual fresh save then that one will forever work as Unmodded? Even after you've removed said .dll and continue to play with achievements active

Wanted to clarify if this is the case, for my autistic brain.

Kind regards appreciate your time aswell as Sunbeam! 🤘🏻

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Jammy_Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:16 pm
Just to confirm with Sunbeams .dll active, once you've used the console commands and added whatever you'd like to your now "modded" save (credits/traits/ammo/consumables/weapons/armour &Carry weight) etc you make a manual fresh save then that one will forever work as Unmodded? Even after you've removed said .dll and continue to play with achievements active

Wanted to clarify if this is the case, for my autistic brain.

Kind regards appreciate your time aswell as Sunbeam! 🤘🏻
Correct.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Alright, I have made some updates to main post, so it would better serve each and everyone's methods of wanting to play the game. Including a method for GamePass/Windows Store with an injector :) Check it out, page 1.