Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
notAlig
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Post by notAlig »

SunBeam wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:38 am
Alright, I have made some updates to main post, so it would better serve each and everyone's methods of wanting to play the game. Including a method for GamePass/Windows Store with an injector :) Check it out, page 1.
Quick question SunBeam,

If one has the UWP/GamePass/Windows Store version installed to a custom directory (ie, F:\Games\Starfield\), which I can access without any permission issues etc, is the UWP injector version still explicitly required? Or would I be able to get away with just plopping the dll into Starfield's directory?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

notAlig wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:37 am
SunBeam wrote:
Alright, I have made some updates to main post, so it would better serve each and everyone's methods of wanting to play the game. Including a method for GamePass/Windows Store with an injector :) Check it out, page 1.
Quick question SunBeam,

If one has the UWP/GamePass/Windows Store version installed to a custom directory (ie, F:\Games\Starfield\), which I can access without any permission issues etc, is the UWP injector version still explicitly required? Or would I be able to get away with just plopping the dll into Starfield's directory?
I don't know if UWP has any anti-proxy-dll checks, but you can try. If your folder is unprotected, then it should work to at least paste/extract the dll there. If not, you still have the injector method.

flep
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by flep »

notAlig wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:37 am
SunBeam wrote:
Quick question SunBeam,

Yes it works, you don't need the custom injection, I think that the protected directory only happens now when people let the UWP to install on the default location as it's inside some system folders.

UWP games have the option to install on Custom Directory, which exposes game files and proxies can be used.

The game EXE is even there (but it's encrypted/protected), but for example to install ReShade you can just target the gamelauncher exe that exists on the same folder as it serves as the non-protected version for the injectors to work with.

This has been like that for awhile now.

dkwo
Cheater
Cheater

Post by dkwo »

Thanks SunBeam so much for sharing this with the community!

Only 2nd day of official release and we have so much info to catch, what a game! :D

To anyone who wondered, how to check if achievement will work, just look up the achievement page and find ones that are easier to achieve using console commands -- for example, to get the player level 5 achievement you just enter player.setlevel 6 in console, if you see an achievement notification pop-up, it means it works. I'm glad that I confirmed it works for my Xbox Game Pass version.

Not much else to contribute, but if you're like me who use PS controller to play you might find the DualSense - PS5 Icons mod usefull, [Link] has full installation instructions.

Enjoy!

schoolofmonkey
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by schoolofmonkey »

I've noticed that if you use a .esp mod, which there is a few, this doesn't stop achievements being disabled, only works for the console.

You'll get a warning that mods are enabled, similar to the console command warning.

designgears
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by designgears »

schoolofmonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:22 am
I've noticed that if you use a .esp mod, which there is a few, this doesn't stop achievements being disabled, only works for the console.

You'll get a warning that mods are enabled, similar to the console command warning.
Came here to say the same. I was able to confirm it does indeed disable achievements.

Here's an example mod that causes this to happen.

Deepthroat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Deepthroat »

The Microsoft Store version of Starfield is not in the WindowsApp folder at all, is inside the normal XboxGames folder, which is where Microsoft puts games that support modding (we have full rights on it).

So you guys don't need the injector at all, use the normal Steam method (the normal injector also works on Microsoft Store version).
Last edited by Deepthroat on Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shade1982
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Shade1982 »

Thx for your work, this is awesome.

Just FYI @Sunbeam:

https://www.fearlessrevolution.com/starfield/mods/1402

Someone posted it on Nexus, but did at least give you credit.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Shade1982 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:45 pm
Thanks for the heads-up, I replied on Nexus. All's good, it's not my content or files. He coded his own version from the notes I left around, as well as probably getting "inspiration" from the other versions.

Sidepie
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Sidepie »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:41 pm
How do you know the DLL works: when you press Tilde (~`) key for the first time, you won't see the notification that some commands might disable achievements :P
Hi and thanks for all the time you spent on the above analysis.

Just want to share that dxgi.dll is not working on my pc (Steam, Windows 11), the message about achievements is still there.

Renaming to dinput8.dll is crashing the game, to XInput9_1_0.dll, generates a message about some dependencies not available ( then continues with "contact Sunbeam") and the rest of the renaming variants, have no effect.

The one without proxy, using the injector is working without issues.

Hamjam
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Hamjam »

My 72 hour save file got flagged as modded, and swapping to an earlier "Clean" save, losing 24 hours of game time, resulted in it being flagged as modded as soon as it saved.
Starting a new game had it marked as modded instantly. I've not touched mods or the console.
This little file from Sunbeam has thus far fixed it. So thank you. Thank you a bunch.

narf
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by narf »

Is the achievement bypass still compatible with the new patch?

vgoy1082
Cheater
Cheater

Post by vgoy1082 »

narf wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:49 pm
doesnt look like it, am gettin mods popup sayin achievements are disabled when loading a save

Sidepie
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Sidepie »

narf wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:49 pm
The one with the injector is working properly, at least for the Steam variant.

radioheadwires
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by radioheadwires »

Hi, I used the gamepass version of the injector and instead of stripping the [modded] status of my save it completely deleted it and now I can't get it back. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the save still doesn't show up. Any idea on why this happened and how to fix it? I'd really like to not lose 12 hours of progress