Northguard Version 3.1.4.32534 Changing Values that Keep Changing Back

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
GlassPoo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Northguard Version 3.1.4.32534 Changing Values that Keep Changing Back

Post by GlassPoo »

So I had been trying to find a working and updated table for Northguard but hadn't been able to find one so I had resorted to just scanning the values and trying to edit them. Now what happens is that once I think I find the right value it just changes back. When I narrowed down what was probably my krown value (90) I changed it (300), it remained unaffected in game, and the value I edited on cheat engine just went back to its original value(90) and I'm sure it was my krown value because when I unpaused my game the value kept increasing as my krown did ingame. Now when I did it for food, it just reset my food from 200 to 0 when I edited the 3 values I had narrowed it down to, I did put a crazy number at first like 9.999.9999.999 so I thought it was that and tried a smaller number but it still reset to 0, I even tried setting it to a negative value and that did nothing. When I scan I scan for all values as well so I'm viewing all the different kinds of values so I didnt think there was anything I'm missing. From what I've learned from looking around online, it may be encrypted? I'm new to cheat engine so any tips or anyone with some better knowledge that could help me out would be great.thnx

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Northguard Version 3.1.4.32534 Changing Values that Keep Changing Back

Post by Messy6666 »

^ don't have that game so can't say for sure
but this looks like a display value to me.....
find out what access/writes to it and you should be able to (back)trace to the real function/data

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

The game uses xor encryption for the real values that actually change the currency. I recently worked on this so that's why I know.

gogo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by gogo »

Search while the game is paused. Select "All" for the value type and then search for your value (Krowns,food,wood), unpause and allow the value to change then pause. Search for the changed value. Three times usually is enough to pin point the goal. While the game is paused change the value (ie.99999) then save the game while paused. Then load the saved game and your new value is locked in. Only changed the big 3, haven't figured out stone or iron yet.

Really need to find the HP/XP.