Forspoken [Engine:Luminous]

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Forspoken [Engine:Luminous]

Post by SunBeam »

Kindly DO NOT POST this integrally (or the attachments) on other forums/communities (e.g.: Nexus). You may post a link to this topic instead (hopefully, FRF isn't blacklisted there). Same as you prefer those places, I prefer FRF and I made this specifically for this community! If you want to share the news, do send those users to FRF instead. Thank you for respecting my choice!

Hello folks.

Thought I'd drop by with some information about the game's Engine and other specifics which may make your lives easier (for those of you interested in reverse-engineering the game). Much like I've explained in this post, I've thrown the current Steam executable into IDA, let it get processed and ran [Link] plugin over the analyzed database. Then used [Link] plugin to export the content to a .pdb so it can be used alongside the exe in a debugger such as [Link].

The ClassInformer plugin returns a lot of RTTI structures, so it becomes a bit easier to track down what you're looking for. On top of that, I've taken the liberty to make some notes, as well as label some global pointers/functions I deemed useful:

Lastly, there are some minor anti-debug and anti-proxy-dll checks which I've discussed in this post. It's included in the ZIP below.

Download (exe/dlls+pdb+dxgi.dll): [Link]
(password: sunbeam)

Best regards,
Sun