Watch Dogs v1.06.329 Side Mission Timer (starts at 01:30)

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Johnnybravo11
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Watch Dogs v1.06.329 Side Mission Timer (starts at 01:30)

Post by Johnnybravo11 »

I have been trying to freeze the timer that appears on the screen during certain side missions. Watch Dogs v1.06.329
I found some potential addresses, and got nothing after locating the address of the instruction and creating NOP codes.
The data is mostly found on 4-byte searches.
I have searched converting the timer into seconds: 90 seconds for 1:30 and so on.
My method of search was exact results.
The data can be changed on Cheat Engine, but is not frozen in the game.
Other changes, such as money, are successfuly changed.
Any ideas?

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Watch Dogs v1.06.329 Side Mission Timer (starts at 01:30)

Post by Paul44 »

^ yep, locking any of the timers is not going to do it. Have a look at my table here: [ viewtopic.php?t=23088 ]. I think i've tackled most "similar" timers, but you'll need a bit more then basic knowledge to get these managed...
and btw: pretty much every timer uses a different route/opcode.

tech: they all use floats "at the base", but are visually presented using digits (like 1:20 min for example). Find 4-bytes value between 75~85 (= secs), and from there decrementing value... which will bring you close to the 'converted' float_value/opcode. From there find the source/location where that particular float is updated (usually via callstack).
(if you're lucky, you can update that stack_location there and then...)