Elden Ring basic damage multiplier help

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
BRegisNotarius
Noobzor
Noobzor

Elden Ring basic damage multiplier help

Post by BRegisNotarius »

First of all, sorry if my english seems a bit off, i'ts not my mother tongue. As the subject says, i need help trying to build up a damage multiplier, but can't get my way through all the process in the disassembler. The health adress (global, as it seems) turns out to be rcx+00000138, overwritten by eax anytime i do changes to the health by in-game means, but i can't find where does eax makes it's shenanigans to change the health value.

so any suggestions or ideas are welcome

QuarryTen
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Elden Ring basic damage multiplier help

Post by QuarryTen »

I'm sorry but I'm familiar with OHK scripts so I imagine the process is somewhat similar for multipliers as well:

1. Compare the characters health register from enemies registers (in some games, bosses will have their own registers). I'm not sure about these line of games, but it's possible that even invaders might have their own registers.

2. Find out what code writes to their health codes.

3. Usually, I would write a large number that writes to their health whenever I hit them or even find the address of their max health amount and write that to their current health. It doesn't really matter, there are many ways to do things.

In your case however, you're dealing with a shared opcode and your only option is to compare something. Be it individual addresses or even registers. In my experience, registers tends to work consistently whereas comparing addresses tends to break at some point later in the game.

Can't test it myself but I think it might help if you specified which version your playing.