[Help] Oddworld Soulstorm - Want Infinite Jump

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Oddball
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[Help] Oddworld Soulstorm - Want Infinite Jump

Post by Oddball »

So I was experimenting with Oddworld Soulstorm and have got a few things working like badge stats:
Soulstorm_StatHacks_v1.7.CT
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
But what I really want to do is to figure out how to grant Abe infinite jumps or infinite double jumps.

However, my skills with cheat engine are limited and it seems there's a way to change a function now?
so that it always returns true?

Because I have a feeling I could get infinite double jumps if Abe.CanDoubleJump would ALWAYS return true.
But I have no idea how to go about this after finding the function in the memory disassembler.

I did get the address of the InAir address via [0 on ground, 1 in air] and then seeing what accesses the memory address and finding what was jump and double jump but that's as far as I got and couldn't get infinite jumps working. I've tried replacing jump and double jump address code with nothing but couldn't find the right code to allow infinite jumps.

I saw the recent cheat table by ndck76 and it sort of worked for infinite jumps if I ran off a ledge and have enabled Abe and played around with "Double Jump Allowance" and "Double Jump Allowance Timer" though Abe liked snapping back to the ground on a third jump if the floor was close enough.

Is what I'm wanting doable in Cheat Engine?
Does anyone have any well documented process from start to finish on replacing a function?