Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Epicmarkvan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Post by Epicmarkvan »

Anyone else here playing the new Pathfinder game's beta? Love to get some discussion going on it. :)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Post by SunBeam »

Unity, bleh. Am sure the forum will be swarming with mods, if not already..

Epicmarkvan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Epicmarkvan »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:26 am
Unity, bleh. Am sure the forum will be swarming with mods, if not already..
Probably. Is Unity a bad engine? I just like the Pathfinder universe, and really enjoyed Kingmaker. :)

makotech222
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by makotech222 »

The best thing about unity is the ability to decompile the entire game lol. Love making mods for it.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Epicmarkvan wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:48 pm
Is Unity a bad engine?
I dislike it cuz it doesn't prove a challenge. Same as I'm tired of the same ol' routine with open game, scan, debug, quick script, same here: get .dll, decompile, check shit, find some dev stuff (cheats, debug menus, etc.), enable them, done. It's the same effin' operations with every freakin' Unity game. Gets boring fast, did for me...

Epicmarkvan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Epicmarkvan »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 pm
Epicmarkvan wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:48 pm
Is Unity a bad engine?
I dislike it cuz it doesn't prove a challenge. Same as I'm tired of the same ol' routine with open game, scan, debug, quick script, same here: get .dll, decompile, check shit, find some dev stuff (cheats, debug menus, etc.), enable them, done. It's the same effin' operations with every freakin' Unity game. Gets boring fast, did for me...
Understandable. I'd think that'd be a reason to like it, though. Less people clamoring for others to make tables cause it's easy.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Yeah. Not only that, but I find it somehow the same as with mobile games: almost each Unity game is a copy of some other game, rushed, done with bad assets, just put together so it runs and called "open world survival game" :| Really pathetic to see a shitload of such games; it's like some medium-knowledgeable coders which wanna be called "devs" abuse Unity to their own twisted attempts at making some $ :D Which kinda dilutes/diluted my interest in Unity games...

ooblagis
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ooblagis »

I think you may be conflating asset flip trash with real games. Unity is still a decent solution for a lot of mid tier studios that don't have the resources to build an engine from scratch.

Epicmarkvan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Epicmarkvan »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:53 am
Yeah. Not only that, but I find it somehow the same as with mobile games: almost each Unity game is a copy of some other game, rushed, done with bad assets, just put together so it runs and called "open world survival game" :| Really pathetic to see a shitload of such games; it's like some medium-knowledgeable coders which wanna be called "devs" abuse Unity to their own twisted attempts at making some $ :D Which kinda dilutes/diluted my interest in Unity games...
Also understandable. I've seen a lot of games that do that shit. Hell, Humble Bundle had a Unity asset bundle a short while back. It seems, when people actually put even a little effort into it however, that some good stuff is based in it.

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

I worked on a table for the Beta 2 of this game.

It is here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16065