Outer Worlds: Aim Assist (Unreal Engine Question)

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
puddin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Outer Worlds: Aim Assist (Unreal Engine Question)

Post by puddin »

Hello, this is probably an odd question. For some reason Outer Worlds does not seem to have aim-assist for controllers. This makes it pretty frustrating when you are used to it, as pretty much every game has aim assist now when controllers are enabled. It's not an aimbot of course, but the big help is it: 1) moves the crosshair to the enemy when zooming in, and 2) helps track the enemy if they are moving.

I was wondering if anyone familiar with the unreal engine knows if maybe the feature is built in with UE, and can just be turned on using SunBeam's console?

Thanks! :)

Edit: Ahh! i just googled again and this time magically came across the answer! Sorry for creating this thread, but maybe it can help if someone else is curious. Thanks SunBeam for creating something so magical!

Per SunBeam's instructions on the original console thread, adding the address for EnableAimAssist with the +0x90 offset and changing the 4 byte hex to 0x04020601 allows me to type "EnableAimAssist 1" into the console, and it now loosely tracks the enemies! There are some other aimassist properties and things you can change too. Thanks again!

[00021550] Function Indiana.AimAssistComponent.EnableAimAssist 0x00000232F3281690
Last edited by puddin on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Moddix
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Outer Worlds: Aim Assist (Unreal Engine Question)

Post by Moddix »

Dear Puddin

I`m searching for a solution concerning enabling aim assist within The Outer Worlds and hope you can / will help me.

I`ve the console ready and running.

I`m stuck and searching for hours now concerning the following step you provided:

"adding the address for EnableAimAssist with the +0x90 offset and changing the 4 byte hex to 0x04020601 allows me to type "EnableAimAssist 1" into the console"

Can you help me to get this work?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Moddix

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

SunBeam is not yapping here to be ignored.
He's doing us all a favour.
Read it and do it yourself.

Moddix
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Moddix »

Dear Csibmi

Already solved with the help of Sunbeam within another thread.

Thanks and best regards

Moddix