Upload *YOUR* gamehacking tools/helpers here
H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Cheat Tool Set - A tool like CE

Post by H4x0rBattie »

Hi.

EDIT: 07/2021. This project is superseded by the HEX DEREF: [Link]

Cheat tool set (CTS) is a tool like CE written in C# .NET and C++.

Current version: 1.19 (As of April 20th 2020) Changes: [Link]

FEATURES:

Memory scanner (Currently uses up to 12 threads depending on your CPU)
Memory viewer / editor
Memory pointer scanner
IAT (Import Address Table) scanning tool
Debug viewer
Windows debugger: Read, Write and instruction execute (Find out what addresses this instruction accesses).
Disassembler - Includes a built-in assembly signature maker plugin that attempts to generate unique signatures
Dump strings tool
Dump the main executable
A basic DLL injector

OFFICIAL SITE: [Link]

Download is available on the official site.

What is the difference compared to Cheat Engine (CE)?

- One of a kind memory viewer/editor. The memory viewer has a traditional view and a disassembly mode.
- The software has unique functionality that is worth trying out. There are some optimizations missing but they come on time.
- The core functionality is pretty much the same.
- There is no x86 (32-bit) support

Memory viewer itself in the tool makes the distinction to the competition.

To cut a long story short: Previously unfound values can be found with the tool. The tool is a work in progress.

CREDITS: In the about box

[Link]
Last edited by H4x0rBattie on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:20 am, edited 18 times in total.

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by SunBeam »

Expect heavy criticism :D

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Post by H4x0rBattie »

[Link]
Last edited by H4x0rBattie on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by JohnFK »

A tool like CE with always online DRM, lol. Crashes without internet, offline version?

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Post by H4x0rBattie »

Are you kidding or trolling? The software only attempts to connect to internet if you click the "Check for update" button.

The software does not require internet connection.

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by JohnFK »

In sandboxie with restricted internet access it crashes. Not running your closed source obfuscated exe outside.

Your program has same but less features open source alternatives have like CE, cryengine, squalr or reclass (which all run fine sandboxed btw).

Maybe spending work on features first instead of all that hard obfuscation? Just my opinion. I'll stick to CE.

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Post by H4x0rBattie »

I did unplug the internet cable and the software started just fine on my computer. You use what you want. If you bother reading changelog I attached; you should figure out that you can do scans with CTS that are not possible with any other existing tool.

There are features in the tool that are not available in any other current tool, if you bother looking at the tool closer. There was a bug prior 1.02 and the software crashed on some systems upon starting the software.

Can you tell us what are the features other tool offers (cryengine, squalr or reclass ) that CE does not offer? ReClass differs from the listed tools with it's memory viewer.

I did tested a long time ago cryengine but I did not found any reason why should I use it instead of CE. It seemed to me more like informative tool instead of really challenging CE with it's features. Did I missed something?

I also recently tested squalr and did not found anything it offers that CE does not. ReClass differs from the other tool by it's memory viewer and class generation.

My implementation of memory viewer is similar to ReClass but once again if you take a closer look. It's not exactly the same. Also I haven't finished memory viewer yet. Remember it's me, just one guy working on the tool. Each tool is difficult or very difficult to code and requires a special knowledge as well. It is very time consuming as well.

For example memory viewer in CTS has 2 Byte and 4 Byte alignment (the default 8). I don't remember seeing these features in any other tool where you can switch between the three.

Also I don't remember ReClass having ability to write memory unless recently implemented. ReClass is a good tool but I wanted to implement things my own

ways.

Have you even looked at CTS pointer scanner?

AFAIK CTS is the second tool in the world that has pointer scanning feature implemented that is comparable to CE with new features. For example pointer paths are copyable. You can dereference a pointer path. A custom path scan. There are major features speeding up things literally. This is the reason I coded the tool.

Do a level 1 static pointer path scan with CTS. It takes about 15 seconds on my i7 system and memory usage is really low. CE always generates a pointer map.

If you need to do bigger than level 6 and 0x400 (512) scans, then you might want to use CE instead. That's why my tool has the option (Generate a pointer map). Ticking it enables CE equivalent behavior but it is not needed for a smaller scans. I hope you now get where the tool is coming from.

A paste from the official site: [B]The software does not automatically connect to internet; only if you click the "Check for update" button. No personal data is sent. [/B]

No I did not spend over one year coding and coming up with just another tool that does not offer anything new.

And what comes to closed source. There are already enough source codes available. If others release source code, it does not mean I have to do that as well. It's been about a week after initial release. I cannot release the source code that fast.

Changelog for 1.01:

- Fixed an issue with "A sequence of values" scan with value type "Hex".

- "A sequence of values" scan supports now also the following data types: "Byte" and "2 Bytes"

- "A sequence of values" scan can now find values that are padded by "n" bytes

- Added "2 Byte" alignment in memory viewer

- Added "Browse this address in memory viewer" option in main view

Changelog for 1.02:

- Synchronize concurrent dictionary entries (in memory results of a current scan) accordingly with main view.

- Fixed a possible crash (unhandled exception) upon starting the software that occurred on some systems: [URL]https://overlayhack.com/cheat-tool-set/52[/URL]

- Unknown initial value scan supports now also the following data types: "Byte" and "2 Bytes"

- [B]Added an option to narrow down results in main view based on a value times changed count[/B]

The last feature requires a little more explanation:

Normally when you scan for a byte value (0 or 1). This scan type is the most difficult due to the fact there are a lot more of results compared to any other scan.

You usually use game mechanics to get values changed according to your preference i.e opening or closing something in the menu.

What if those values are constantly changing between 0,1 or changing between any other byte values and there are several hundred or thousands of results and you can't get the list any smaller?

This is exactly where this feature is coming from. You know the exact count as you're using game mechanics ...

Version 1.02 download:[URL='https://overlayhack.com/CTS_v102.rar'] https://overlayhack.com/CTS_v102.rar[/URL]

Virustotal results:[URL='https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/file/66a31bb9c68ca0cc6869df5e3f2c062eee728606eef40f5cc9fcfa0bc878435d/analysis/1530752878/'] https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/file/66a31bb9c68ca0cc6869df5e3f2c062eee728606eef40f5cc9fcfa0bc878435d/analysis/1530752878/[/URL]

They've reviewed the software at softpedia: [URL]http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/Cheat-Tool-Set.shtml[/URL]

PS. Perhaps admin want to update the first post with the new version as I cannot seem to be able to edit that post any longer.

I already have a CE equivalent VEH debugger implemented (Read/Write/Execute). I have improvements in my mind for Execute (Find out what addresses this instruction access) once again speeding things up but I haven't started implementing GUI yet.

Also disassembly view is missing but these features are the most difficult and requires more time. I will think about will I even bother with this feature as CE already have it.
Last edited by H4x0rBattie on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 am, edited 8 times in total.

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by JohnFK »

[QUOTE="H4x0rBattie, post: 51197, member: 9636"]

[INDENT]AFAIK CTS is the second tool in the world that has pointer scanning feature implemented that is comparable to CE with new features.[/INDENT]

[/QUOTE]

[INDENT][/INDENT]

Third tool after CH cheat engine

I cannot release the source code that fast.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh, github? You can bring up a website, a download, let it review at softpedia but releasing source is a matter of time?

But well, I guess you misunderstood me. You can release it closed source as much as you want, I don't complain because it is. I just tell you that there are WORKING and BETTEr solutions which are EVEN open source.

I already have a CE equivalent VEH debugger implemented (Read/Write/Execute). I have improvements in my mind for Execute (Find out what addresses this instruction access) once again speeding things up but I haven't started implementing GUI yet.[/QUOTE]

Why releasing it then when its not finished? Why not just getting things done and then nobody like me comes, test your tool and figures that it has less features than existing solutions.

- VEH debugger (or debugger in general)

- Does your tool can open and execute CE scripts?

I couldn't see both when trying it out. This will be the reasons why nobody will care about your tool. It will just be another CE clone with less features like all the others and because you put a lot of affort into hiding your source, nobody can help you to improve it.

You can dislike me for giving you feedback you don't like to hear but I'm just honest with you. We all got CE, its a beast. Its working, it has a huge community with thousands of scripts. Everything is open source, everything runs stable and very well for years. Why should we bother with yours? Its just like Ch cheat engine, they tried to copy CE features, made it worser than original, decided to stay closed source and people obviously dont use it. Make sure you get these two things done and then you will have the chance that more people trying out your tool.
Last edited by JohnFK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Post by H4x0rBattie »

Which one from the tools you listed can do this? [URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/cheat-tool-set-a-tool-like-ce.7279/post-50136']https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/cheat-tool-set-a-tool-like-ce.7279/post-50136.[/URL] The answer is none. This feature in CTS is already enough to make it unique tool. Not even Scylla can do that ...

If things really are as you said, why you're begging so badly for the source code? Why people are asking for CE alternative in forums?

I never advertised that a VEH debugger is currently included. I just said that I've implemented one. And what comes to the source code anyway, it requires a lot of documentation etc. My native language is not english and I have often serious issues to document the code.

Also if CE really offered all what I needed, why do you think I even bothered? The tool is not a literal port of "CE". This is not where the tool is coming from.

Why you would want to open CE scripts with CTS? If you don't get it now where the tool is coming from, it's not for you.

Of course the tool has to be released some day. You need to also realize that CE has been developed for about 18 years. CTS for about a year.

Pretty much based on your current answers it's almost pointless to continue any discussion with you in the future.
Last edited by H4x0rBattie on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by JohnFK »

[QUOTE="H4x0rBattie, post: 51336, member: 9636"]The tool is not a literal port of "CE" [/QUOTE]

You advertised it yourself as "tool like CE". I made clear yours isn't. Not even close. It does nothing better CE does. It has features CE hasnt but these features like import table are about 0% important for game hacking. You can be proud as fuck about it, the reality is that 99,9% of users here don't care about.

[QUOTE="H4x0rBattie, post: 51336, member: 9636"]If things really are as you said, why you're begging so badly for the source code? [/QUOTE]

Just for you: Keep your source code to yourself. I dont care, as I just keep using CE. Hope that's clear now.

I knew you would hate me for telling you the truth. But as SunBeam said, the tools "like CE" are popping out from nowhere, claim to be different. Turned out to be pointless and stucking in maybe two handful of people using it. That's the truth. You can be proud to be the 2nd, yo ucan be proud to figured something out. In the end people like me and 99% others care about functionality. They don't like installing a tool just to switch to another all the time because the first one is missing core features. I usually don't even do this kind of discussions, just registered the account here at time where downloading tables required one. Yet again I decided to give you a honest feedback, so I did. And now you can at least be happy that I am also no longer interested in a further discussion. Good luck with future development.

Frenchie
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Frenchie »

As someone who has used several memory tools, any effort to make a new one is welcomed be me. I think the first tool was Cheat' o Matic, followed by WIn Hack, etc. All these programmers had one thing in common, they made it for themselves, asked no money for it and appreciated any positive comments for their hard work. For all the haters that see it as a CE rip-off don't bother giving a bad reply nobody in the world cares about.

What memory tools are missing are multiple search windows. You could give each search a "tab". So, while search for a health value you could also look for an ammo value. When your results are narrowed down, you'll have an address range on both and that could be used as a "comparison" if you expect these 2 address ranges to be close. Then you might want to see both results next to each other.

Some games might relocate their values, so you need research a known value and add/subtract a value to match the new address. Some games have value sections that are not fixed, so you might need to "relocate" each section.

And there might be an option to save your table as a "trainer".

Each tool programmer must have a basis to work from and then give it special features like above. In the end programmers learn from each other and benefit comparing notes/sources. This all benefits us the end-user. It doesn't matter if you have 10 or 5000 users. As long as you enjoy programming it.

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by koderkrazy »

[QUOTE="Frenchie, post: 52357, member: 19639"]What memory tools are missing are multiple search windows. You could give each search a "tab".[/QUOTE]

As a workaround. you can attach multiple cheat engines to single game exe at a time.

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Post by H4x0rBattie »

[QUOTE="Frenchie, post: 52357, member: 19639"]

Each tool programmer must have a basis to work from and then give it special features like above. In the end programmers learn from each other and benefit comparing notes/sources. This all benefits us the end-user. It doesn't matter if you have 10 or 5000 users. As long as you enjoy programming it.[/QUOTE]

I've just released v1.04 (updated the download link in the first post) so it always points to the latest version.

Changes in 1.04: [URL]https://overlayhack.com/cheat-tool-set#110[/URL]

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Cheat Tool Set - A tool like CE

Post by H4x0rBattie »

Hi. I've released v1.06. I've just edited the first post and the download link is there.

Changelog for v1.06:

Main:

Added "Array of bytes" scan

Pointer scanner:

Pointer map generation is significantly faster than in any prior release
Fixed issues when "Generate a pointer map" was enabled
Results are sortable by a column

Value finder:

The maximum offset can be bigger than 0x7FFF
Fixed an issue with re-scan

Memory viewer:

Execute "Add" on a background thread to avoid UI thread "Stopped from responding" when adding a 102400 bytes

H4x0rBattie
Cheater
Cheater

v1.08

Post by H4x0rBattie »

Hi. I've just released v108. If the debugger worked with your game. Please post the name of the game.

Main:

"First scan" has been optimized a bit and is at least two times faster than in any prior release
"Next scan" has been optimized and is considerably faster than in any prior release

"Unknown initial value" scan: Added an option to dump process memory to file instead of using an in memory copy
"Unknown initial value" scan: Added "Smaller than ..." and "Bigger than ..." comparison

Renamed "Value finder" to "Debug viewer" as it is more appropriate name
Restored I/O stats (seems to work reliably now)

The cancel button should work now

Debugger:

Resolve prior assembly instruction more reliably
Added 'Replace with code that does nothing (NOP)'
Added 'Restore the original instruction' for your convenience
Fixed an issue that prevented some instructions from appearing in the list
Attempt to show also "register offset" value in the output

Debug viewer:

Fixed an issue with "String value" scan that prevented results from appearing in the list
Added unicode string support

Minor other bug fixes