It's been around half my life :p

kurapicas
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Cheat Tool Set - A tool like CE

Post by kurapicas »

BreathTaken wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:18 pm
Soo let me get this straight.. You are not making money off of the application, you're not selling it on your site.. It's free to download. Why not release the source? 2-3 years of work is not going to be appreciated if you're not transparent about the work. Certainly least appreciative of whom will be your community of followers. Also as a note, and no I'm not saying to do something because someone else does, but heck your only competition practices code transparency! So what I'm saying is that's the community you're dealing with.

I do not understand the mentality of holding your code from others. It hinders innovation on all sides. That is probably the biggest point I want to make. You're hurting yourself by not putting the source out there.
I mean A lot of Software Free Products out there do not release their source code..
If I remember CE was not even open-sourced back then. It was only released because people think it was trojan virus (I maybe wrong) But I am 100% CE was not open-sourced, because I used it back then in 2000 or 2001? Diablo 1/Diablo 2 (Infinite HP).

I think, I can understand if you work on your own project for 2+ years. I don't think you can just let it go easily and let people copy your stuff and compile it and rename it.

Let just be positive about it and see the outcome of his work in another year..

As for OP (Original Poster/Topic Starter).
- I think its better to remove any Internet connection on your apps (Remove updater). As of today you know its not safe to download exe files anymore (even anti-virus cant protect your system).
- Also You should not compare tools to another. People think your trying to claim that your tool is better than another tool (Yes I see it that way). You could had just said "CTS - A Memory Scanner/Debugger" no need to put another product name for competition.

Sorry my English isn't good.