Re: hogwarts legacy ps5 content unlocker

Post by GIJhen »

devilhood wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 pm
GIJhen wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:14 pm
Edhuin wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:57 pm
So everything but the quest itself is working? Tried it with the old pak files aswell, quest just never starts.
im not sure about the quest as I am only level 10 and in the first chapter of the game. But would be nice if the quest was working. I dont really understand why ps5 got a quest pc players dont get?
It has already been explained. The quest is PS5 exclusive because Sony arranged an exclusivity deal. It will eventually unlock for all other platforms next year.
Ahh I see. So if we cant get it to work now, at least at some point we can get it later. I read that the devs of hogwarts legacy has no intention of making any more content for this game. Its really is a shame.

devilhood
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by devilhood »

GIJhen wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:47 pm
devilhood wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 pm
GIJhen wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:14 pm

im not sure about the quest as I am only level 10 and in the first chapter of the game. But would be nice if the quest was working. I dont really understand why ps5 got a quest pc players dont get?
It has already been explained. The quest is PS5 exclusive because Sony arranged an exclusivity deal. It will eventually unlock for all other platforms next year.
Ahh I see. So if we cant get it to work now, at least at some point we can get it later. I read that the devs of hogwarts legacy has no intention of making any more content for this game. Its really is a shame.
A dev is not responsible for making those types of decisions, they are essentially minions that get told what to do and when to complete the work by. Due to the insane popularity of the game, there is a high probability that they will start working on a DLC after all the critical issues have been fixed across all platforms, likely by Q3 this year. This is their big money-making title after all, with a huge potential to expand the game world.

GIJhen
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by GIJhen »

yelli wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:50 pm
Edhuin wrote:
So everything but the quest itself is working? Tried it with the old pak files aswell, quest just never starts.
Someone unlocked the shop but the NPC has no texture, but it is not a big lose, because it is only a other shop where u can sell and buy items, there is nothing what u miss, and that the quest works have i never seen.
hopefully they find an easy fox for this that doesnt require a bunch of complicated surgery that most people wont be able to figure out.

Mervius
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mervius »

GIJhen wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:26 pm
yelli wrote:
Edhuin wrote:
Someone unlocked the shop but the NPC has no texture, but it is not a big lose, because it is only a other shop where u can sell and buy items, there is nothing what u miss, and that the quest works have i never seen.
hopefully they find an easy fox for this that doesnt require a bunch of complicated surgery that most people wont be able to figure out.
Well, for PC, the easy solution is just wait a year for the quest.

GIJhen
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by GIJhen »

Mervius wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:29 pm
GIJhen wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:26 pm
yelli wrote:

Well, for PC, the easy solution is just wait a year for the quest.
thats forever from now! lol

MrPablo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MrPablo »

merlin robe still work with the update? i missed it from twitch :(

dam23
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by dam23 »

MrPablo wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:20 am
merlin robe still work with the update? i missed it from twitch :(
Yes it does, and you should subscribe to [Link] because they said there will be additional drops to catch people up :

realSloopy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by realSloopy »

yelli wrote:
Edhuin wrote:
Do you know how they unlocked the shop? And is there footage of it?

andawra
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by andawra »

I wouldn't use the old pakchunk0s

They break some things

I couldn't see certain mazes and some characters were bugged until I recovered the new files

I double checked to make sure, and it happened every time with the old files, never with the new

So I assume there is some compatibility issue after all.

machine4578
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by machine4578 »

andawra wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:44 pm

They break some things

I couldn't see certain mazes and some characters were bugged until I recovered the new files

I double checked to make sure, and it happened every time with the old files, never with the new

not surprised one bit there is issues with old pak\ucas\utoc. we really need someone that knows UE4 well to mod the removed files(posted on page 7) back into the game somehow. otherwise the ps5 pre-order Felix Felicis wont ever work on the updated game.

Mervius
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mervius »

andawra wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:44 pm

They break some things

I don't know specifically what these issues are, but I don't think I've had any problems because of this. There's more stuttering than the previous version, but I don't know if that's due to this. Sometimes an enemy becomes invisible when they decide to teleport, but I also don't know if that's due to this or one of my other mods.

devilhood
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by devilhood »

yelli wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:22 pm
you can start trying !!!

[Link]
Ha, was literally going to post the same thing.

We can now pack/unpack .ucas/.utoc/.pak files :D

machine4578
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by machine4578 »

yelli wrote:
you can start trying !!!

[Link]
i tried already, but failed to get the tool to even work. kept getting errors about cmds not being right. too bad there is no example exactly how it must be(help option really not too helpful) you also need some manifest file to even create the ucas\utoc.

hopefully someone figures it out and helps us unlock the potion properly again.

machine4578
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by machine4578 »

yelli wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:03 am
Do the files in cpp and rename ucas and utoc to old

then click

1: [Link]

2: [Link]
ok nice, we can unpack the ucas\utoc now that has the working potion. hopefully we should just need to see about creating our own
json(manifest) with just the files we need and try to pack it up

vj88
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by vj88 »

yelli wrote:
you can start trying !!!

[Link]
Come here to link this too! Haha! C'mon guys I know you can do it!!