IdleSkilling modified file

Upload *YOUR* gamehacking tools/helpers here
aWake
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: IdleSkilling modified file

Post by aWake »

The pet damage boost doesn't work at all for me (though I still get the boosted vessels). Is that a known issue or have I managed to mess something up?

OracleOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by OracleOne »

aWake wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:39 pm
The pet damage boost doesn't work at all for me (though I still get the boosted vessels). Is that a known issue or have I managed to mess something up?
It's currently broken but we will look into it.
Everything else in the pet section should work

aWake
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aWake »

OracleOne wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:41 pm
It's currently broken but we will look into it.
Everything else in the pet section should work
Everything else works perfectly, yeah! Alright, I'll keep checking back for an update. Thanks!

PocketSkeleton
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by PocketSkeleton »

Thank you for this but how would i change the vessels gained per fight? or the pet distance traveled per fight? I tried to search the code for something that could make sense but i couldnt find them

shadowmatrix27893
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by shadowmatrix27893 »

Found "customBlock_GetPrimStatMap: function () {"
The lines below are the start of the controls for the tinkering items. They aren't named so you will have to match the perks to know which is which. I have some Platelegs with 6.9k%pet damage as the third perk and Theatre Mask with 132% Ignore Defense.

OracleOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by OracleOne »

|V1.3 being uploaded tonight, we finally found a way to cheat Spelunker Learn Speed without breaking the game!

aWake
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aWake »

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I put them in the root of the asar file, not where I should have. Spoilered my ramble in case I have another issue.
EDIT 2: Okay it works! I was the problem all along.
Me being very silly for a few paragraphs
Okay for some reason it's not working - I started a new game, and installed the modded file as I did the first time, but this time it doesn't work. Clicking the random time candy button does nothing (I have no Gems), but I figured maybe it was locked behind a tutorial, so I kept playing (the modded Time Candy screen doesn't show up, also - even though it did before. The assets folder is in the asar file, same as the modded js. Research was not selectable, even though Botany was (I haven't unlocked either feature)).

I reached desert, went to ascend, and spending AP reduced it, instead of the intended behaviour.

Okay, so, to go through the steps: Fresh install, new save file. Open the archive, navigate to resources > dist, drag js file and assets folder into archive. Confirm they are there (assets folder is present, js file is the correct size). Close 7zip, start game.

I also opened the js up and confirmed the Candy price and results were modified - they were. It should have let me click with 0 Gems.

I don't know where I went wrong here, so there must be something else going on. The game either has a separate ruleset for the first ascension (why and how would that even work) or it's reading the unmodified js from... somewhere. Like, that js file is the game - that's all the code. Changing it 100% absolutely should affect what I interact with - but it doesn't. I'm stumped.

I'm gonna fuck around a bit more with it tomorrow (who knows, maybe it needs a system reboot, or something ridiculous like that) but any insight would be appreciated.

OracleOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by OracleOne »

aWake wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:23 pm
EDIT: I'm an idiot, I put them in the root of the asar file, not where I should have. Spoilered my ramble in case I have another issue.
EDIT 2: Okay it works! I was the problem all along.
Me being very silly for a few paragraphs
Okay for some reason it's not working - I started a new game, and installed the modded file as I did the first time, but this time it doesn't work. Clicking the random time candy button does nothing (I have no Gems), but I figured maybe it was locked behind a tutorial, so I kept playing (the modded Time Candy screen doesn't show up, also - even though it did before. The assets folder is in the asar file, same as the modded js. Research was not selectable, even though Botany was (I haven't unlocked either feature)).

I reached desert, went to ascend, and spending AP reduced it, instead of the intended behaviour.

Okay, so, to go through the steps: Fresh install, new save file. Open the archive, navigate to resources > dist, drag js file and assets folder into archive. Confirm they are there (assets folder is present, js file is the correct size). Close 7zip, start game.

I also opened the js up and confirmed the Candy price and results were modified - they were. It should have let me click with 0 Gems.

I don't know where I went wrong here, so there must be something else going on. The game either has a separate ruleset for the first ascension (why and how would that even work) or it's reading the unmodified js from... somewhere. Like, that js file is the game - that's all the code. Changing it 100% absolutely should affect what I interact with - but it doesn't. I'm stumped.

I'm gonna fuck around a bit more with it tomorrow (who knows, maybe it needs a system reboot, or something ridiculous like that) but any insight would be appreciated.
If only I had seen this the first time, I could have solved it within 5 mins.
But through trail and error you learn ^^

Risus
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Risus »

Is the Qn2x file password protected for anyone else now???? Ive been having problems all day because i cant get it to work

OracleOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by OracleOne »

Risus wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:42 pm
Is the Qn2x file password protected for anyone else now???? Ive been having problems all day because i cant get it to work
Yes, as it should.
You're also replying on a very old thread.
Check viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21651 for the latest version and instructions