Last Epoch Save Editor

Upload *YOUR* gamehacking tools/helpers here
syntheticlion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Last Epoch Save Editor

Post by syntheticlion »

Thank you, that explains a lot.

I'll disable them now, I've already been using with cloud saves enabled, any reason to worry? I don't plan on using this when MP drops of course.

MrEprize0001
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MrEprize0001 »

syntheticlion wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:55 am
Thank you, that explains a lot.

I'll disable them now, I've already been using with cloud saves enabled, any reason to worry? I don't plan on using this when MP drops of course.
Nothing to worry about once you disable it. Steam just tries to overwrite your edits from the cloud as it thinks the file is corrupted.

Ash06
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ash06 »

MrEprize0001 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:57 pm
You can edit implicits but not modifiers. They just go back to the old value.
Same thing with the shard effect, sometimes it stays sometimes it goes back to the old affix.
This is a beta, i don't test some changes.
I unlock modifier 7 and 8 for unique, but i check data and there no space for it, so modifier work, but not 7 and 8 for uniques, if you want to modify the only unique with 7 modifiers, change quality to legendary, do the changes then go back to unique.
I have to lock affix 7 and 8 for unique like older version.

Shards works, but there a bug with tier calculation when selecting affix.
If you want to modify your shards with the beta, select affix you want from the list, then change tier.

App work like this :
Loading, Load all your fearlessrevolution and your character in memory.
If you modify a value, value is modified in memory.
Saving, save memory to files.

So, best way to see if it's working :
1. Select your item, modify the values you want.
2. Select another item.
3. Select the item you have modified in 1, see values.

syntheticlion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by syntheticlion »

Ash06 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:44 pm
MrEprize0001 wrote:
You can edit implicits but not modifiers. They just go back to the old value.
Same thing with the shard effect, sometimes it stays sometimes it goes back to the old affix.
This is a beta, i don't test some changes.
I unlock modifier 7 and 8 for unique, but i check data and there no space for it, so modifier work, but not 7 and 8 for uniques, if you want to modify the only unique with 7 modifiers, change quality to legendary, do the changes then go back to unique.
I have to lock affix 7 and 8 for unique like older version.

Shards works, but there a bug with tier calculation when selecting affix.
If you want to modify your shards with the beta, select affix you want from the list, then change tier.

App work like this :
Loading, Load all your fearlessrevolution and your character in memory.
If you modify a value, value is modified in memory.
Saving, save memory to files.

So, best way to see if it's working :
1. Select your item, modify the values you want.
2. Select another item.
3. Select the item you have modified in 1, see values.

Thank you

Also...I was editing normally then went to start my game and now when I hit enter game on any character, I have two on the selection screen and can never enter the game. I tried verifying my files but it does nothing...do you have any ideas on how I can fix this? Everything was working just fine and then...it wasnt

nvm, found the fix, used the backups folder to copy in an older global data save, forum search reply from dev told me it's a corrupted stash basically

Ash06
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ash06 »

syntheticlion wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:12 am
I was editing normally then went to start my game and now when I hit enter game on any character, I have two on the selection screen and can never enter the game.
I can't fix, because i can't reproduce the bug, if you can pm me what you did before the corrupted stash
MrEprize0001 wrote:
You can edit implicits but not modifiers.
I think I found the bug, in bank, edit modifier 6+ produce a crash.
I fix it in code, but until i do a release, pls avoid edit modifier 6+ in bank, in inventory everything works as expected.

syntheticlion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by syntheticlion »

Ash06 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:45 pm
syntheticlion wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:12 am
I was editing normally then went to start my game and now when I hit enter game on any character, I have two on the selection screen and can never enter the game.
I can't fix, because i can't reproduce the bug, if you can pm me what you did before the corrupted stash
MrEprize0001 wrote:
You can edit implicits but not modifiers.
I think I found the bug, in bank, edit modifier 6+ produce a crash.
I fix it in code, but until i do a release, pls avoid edit modifier 6+ in bank, in inventory everything works as expected.
I fixed it, I found a similarly worded error on the forums here: [Link]

I took the old version of that file from the backups folder and used that, it fixed it, the editor sometimes changes the values I put in, maybe that caused it or I put an affix where it wasn't supposed to be, not sure. Hitting enter game would superimose characters and show me the abilities, mana, hp and chat but I couldn't enter or create a new character, uninstall/reinstall/verify did not help but that fixed it.

I'm assuming it's the beta version and my screen issues since the screen cuts off and the screen scaling doesn't fix it so maybe it's moving my affixes or something, idk, either way, no big deal since I know I can just roll back a few minutes

Ash06
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ash06 »

If you encounter this problem again, send me the corrupted file and your backup, and i can fix it.

jackwagon420
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by jackwagon420 »

Hi Ash. Thank you SO much for making this super neat tool. It'll be fun to experiment with various stuff before multiplayer goes live.

I'm having difficulty modifying tier values for affixes and idols. I set them to 255 but there's no change in game and, when I exit and load the save up again, the values have all reverted. I can change implicits tho just fine. Is there some math that has to be done according to the tier perhaps?

Also, the app doesn't like working on items with sealed affixes. If I make any changes to anything, even like Forge Potential, it saves but then I lose access to all my characters until revert to the backup.

Again, amazing tool. Thank you for keeping it going and hope to see you come back for multiplayer!

Ash06
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ash06 »

I don't play, so i don't know what a sealed affix is.
Please explain, and i can check and maybe fix this.

Idols have affix tier = 1, so don't try tier > 1.

jackwagon420
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by jackwagon420 »

Ash06 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:03 pm

It's when you use a Scroll of Despair. It locks an affix and gives it it's own slot, freeing up an additional affix slot. It's not a huge deal by any means.

Is there a way to change Tier Value for affixes? Only Implicits can be modded/saved atm. I mean, you can change the affix Tier Values all you want, but, as soon as you click off the item, the values revert back to what they were previously.

When you click "Get all Shards", it grabs shards specific to idols which isn't part of the game (anymore?). There are a ton of duplicate entries like "Necrotic Resistance" and you can't tell which is which. I looked at the affix.json file and there's no indicators there as well. If you assign an idol shard/stat to a piece of gear, it does appear to count, but you can't modify it further. Is there some trick I can use to tell which shards are for idols so I can remove them?

Is there a way I can make the interface bigger? Specifically, the column that pops up when you click on an item. Some shards have very long names and it's hard to tell some of them apart so a wider or adjustable column would help so much.

Of course, these are all minor issues. I can work around them np. Just looking to save some time/hassle.

Thanks again!

syntheticlion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by syntheticlion »

Ash06 wrote:

Do you know how I stop my affixes from turning to something else after I set it, this happens in both beta and stable one. I end up getting random affixes instead of what I selected, at least when I choose class specific ones.

MrAngry
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MrAngry »

Ash06 wrote:

I actually posted about this sometime ago in this thread. I'll repost what I said then.

One thing I've noticed is your tool doesn't seem to handle an item where an affix has been sealed. I believe have worked it out. What happens is the numAffixes gets increased by 129 (1 for the extra affix and I guess 128 as a flag to indicate it has been sealed). The sealed affix is written out first then the normal affixes. Hope that makes sense.

This does require that you can change the size of the data required for an item if you make an item sealed.

Ash06
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ash06 »

I check for sealed affix, affix_number = 129 + real affix number
Sealed affix is the first affix on item.

I'm going on vacation for a week, so no time to update today, sry

matci1
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by matci1 »

Possible edit and save rare item value ?

syntheticlion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by syntheticlion »

Ash06 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:05 pm
I check for sealed affix, affix_number = 129 + real affix number
Sealed affix is the first affix on item.

I'm going on vacation for a week, so no time to update today, sry

Do you know why my affix values keep changing back in both versions? In the stable release version, my affix's themselves also change to different ones when I open the game

Also, would you happen to know how I can duplicate my character safely? Do I just copy and paste and change the character/file name or do I have to create a new character and edit it completely? Thank you!