Conversion Complete - Issues

Help/Discussion/Bug reports/Requests etc. everything about the FearlessRevolution app goes here.
STN
Founder
Founder

Conversion Complete - Issues

Post by STN »

I will get right into it. Issues you will experience

The big ones/high priority
  • Attachments after 21st april 2018 are gone from topics and will need to be uploaded again - DON'T FRET. DO NOT spam the threads about attachment/download link, i will delete it right away because you will be annoying table makers and you can access the attachments at the old url linked below. These are being uploaded manually and as such will take sometime. Access the tables at old forums, upload them yourself or wait for us. Only a few topics might have outdated attachments. Please link me to those.
  • Everyone that registered after 21st April 2018 will need to reset their password and get a new password.
Other issues
  • PMs after that date are lost as well.
  • Reactions are lost. Instead, we have reputation system. If anyone wants their rep back, let me know.
  • Edit date on some posts refer to some random date. There is no fix than for the post author to edit it again.
Fixes
  • Login issues caused by https.
  • Cosmetic issues with H20 theme

The old forums are still accessible at THIS URL (read-only) >

Here is a tip to quickly access the topic you wish to visit on old forums. Visit any topic here you wish to visit on old forums, you should have a url like
fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7629 . Add /xen/ after the website url and before view and you will get redirected to the topic on xenforo. Like this fearlessrevolution.com/xen/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7629

I apologize for the inconvenience, everything should be back to normal in a couple of days. I will keep updating this thread with issues i discover and fixes.

Please PM me or respond here with issues that i haven't mentioned above.

PS: Here is a reminder why we converted to phpbb - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7592

mac4500
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Conversion Complete - Issues

Post by mac4500 »

i am still having logout issue problems on this board

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

mac4500 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:05 pm
i am still having logout issue problems on this board
Do the steps detailed in the login issues thread. Check the box that says keep logged in.

mac4500
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by mac4500 »

Okay its fixed now, i cleared my cookies and thats what fixed it

bhfff
Cheater
Cheater

Post by bhfff »

To be honest I prefer the old style, that doesn't mean I can not live with the new one, but it would be cool to have an option that allow switching between designs :)

Edit: I also prefer the old one because I can edit my first post even after 60minutes have passed

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

bhfff wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 pm
To be honest I prefer the old style, that doesn't mean I can not live with the new one, but it would be cool to have an option that allow switching between designs :)

Edit: I also prefer the old one because I can edit my first post even after 60minutes have passed
There will be more themes. Occupied with far more important issues now.

bhfff
Cheater
Cheater

Post by bhfff »

STN wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 pm
bhfff wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 pm

There will be more themes. Occupied with far more important issues now.
Alright I'll wait, thank you!

Freakyman
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Freakyman »

Im confused, i was told to read this because my post contained links to "Reason: The message contains links to illegal or pirated software. Read the big ass text at the topic that told you your post wouldn't make it. Next time is a ban." but I only asked for an unavailable table, topic in question viewtopic.php?t=5609 Now after reading the topic i can understand that it may not be available but i provided no links.

If i get banned for this post so be it, i understand people can be asses, but given the wrong reason to a denial and a ban threat for it is ridiculous.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Freakyman wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:54 pm
but I only asked for an unavailable table,
i understand people can be asses, but given the wrong reason to a denial and a ban threat for it is ridiculous.
Instead of crying like a little baby, for fuck's sake read?. I have made that huge text at the top that tells you to READ. I don't know how i can get the message across. It's only a select few people now who complain and fail to read and you're one of them so my response is going to be very harsh because you have no excuse for trashing threads with "omg where is the download link".

Here is my last try
STN wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 am
I CAN'T SEE DOWNLOAD LINK OMG!

DO NOT FRET - Nothing is gone.
you can access the attachments at the old url linked below....Access the tables at old forums

Here is a tip to quickly access the topic you wish to visit on old forums. Visit any topic here you wish to visit on old forums, you should have a url like
fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7629 . Add /xen/ after the website url and before view and you will get redirected to the topic on xenforo. Like this fearlessrevolution.com/xen/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7629

Please PM me or respond here with issues that i haven't mentioned above.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

With the H2O theme there is an "issue" where your username when logged in (to the right of your notification and PM icons) is opaque and nearly indistinguishable from the background until you hover over it. This certainly isn't pressing or urgent. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

IcyPurpose99
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by IcyPurpose99 »

This skin has a few issues.
- Posts that are in threads are translucent with the background and make things sometimes hard to read.
- Profiles show a constant band of "Online".
- Stars/Rank are not png and don't sink-in with the skin.

RaDeX
Cheater
Cheater

Post by RaDeX »

I popped on today and went "Hahahaha back to phpBB I see" then when I logged in it was a case of "wait... what the hell?"... I don't mind, as long as it works :P

BoehserOnkel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by BoehserOnkel »

thanks for your work @STN
and to all the other behind the scene too ;)

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Marcus101RR wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:50 am
This skin has a few issues.
- Posts that are in threads are translucent with the background and make things sometimes hard to read.
- Profiles show a constant band of "Online".
- Stars/Rank are not png and don't sink-in with the skin.
1. Looks fine to me but i will increase the transparency of background more.
2. Yeah :lol: Should be an easy fix.
3. Can't do anything about that (gfx) unless someone with the proper skills want to design it for us.

IFireflyl wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:08 am
With the H2O theme there is an "issue" where your username when logged in (to the right of your notification and PM icons) is opaque and nearly indistinguishable from the background until you hover over it. This certainly isn't pressing or urgent. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.
Yeah. Should be an easy fix. I haven't gotten around to them yet, busy with other more pressing issues atm. Will ask the skin author or fix them myself within a couple days.

By the way, if anyone wants their rep back...let me know.

Deepthroat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Deepthroat »

Is just missing the color entry for that space, [Link]
I already fixed on my own styles.