Search on FR hasn't worked for me for several months

Help/Discussion/Bug reports/Requests etc. everything about the FearlessRevolution app goes here.
CoffeeKitty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Search on FR hasn't worked for me for several months

Post by CoffeeKitty »

im unsure if this is the wrong forum to make this post in but it's finally annoyed me enough to make a post asking for help today lol

so either this is a bug report or a tech support thread depending on whether or not the issue is on my end, which i can't quite figure out.

so my issue is that whenever i search for anything, does not matter which subforum, or how long the string of text is, the search just hangs, forever.

Logged in on chrome:

Logged out on edge

it is like this regardless of wether or not i'm logged in, and across many browsers (chrome, firefox, edge)

i've of course done the the obvious of clearing my cache, cookies, all that stuff.

has fearless revolutions search function just been dead for the last 6-8 months or is this just me?

any help much appreciated, thank you in advance everyone.

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Search on FR hasn't worked for me for several months

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

Not broken in the slightest.

CoffeeKitty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CoffeeKitty »

aSwedishMagyar wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:18 am

Not broken in the slightest.
glad to hear it's not sitewide, any idea why i've been unable to get search results? this is across multiple browsers - two of which actually have no extensions or are basically fresh installations? I can do site:fearlessrevolution.com syntax searches via google which work to some degree but don't return very good results

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

You aren't searching anything. Url parameters are disabled. Type something in searchbox then press enter like aSwedishMagyar showed you

CoffeeKitty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CoffeeKitty »

STN wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:34 am
You aren't searching anything. Url parameters are disabled. Type something in searchbox then press enter like aSwedishMagyar showed you
interesting, if you type anything into the top right search bar on this website website it throws a url search paramater, which i assumed was enabled.

i'm so used to phpbb style boards i didn't even think to try to re enter the search a second time after the page switches to the search page - i'm getting slow in my old boomer ass age, huge apology for this waste of time of a post lol

You can close this thread now i'll bask in my shame

If this is the case then does that mean the google search is just a functionally identical post to a site:fearlessrevolution.com search?

it's keyword searching seems to include a lot of out of post searches such as text on the top bar and side of screen, this is me just trying to get an understanding of how the new search type is structured for FR. a good example would be if im trying to search for specific roles and titles for users to see posts where they're discussed or mentioned it instead just only shows posts by users with the said role.

thanks for the reply stn.