Important changes to fearlessrevolution

Important news and information regarding Fearless Revolution.
STN
Founder
Founder

Important changes to fearlessrevolution

Post by STN »

Coronavirus has affected all of us, if not physically than definitely financially and the situation at fearless is no different.

We lost many supporters on Patreon, some downgraded their pledge, and situation of PayPal donations isn't any different. These are tough times and obviously, there's only going to be sometime before even the hardcore supporters who have always kept us going stop too one day. This community has been kept going by few while majority leech and it's really not a good model especially in times like these.

What is going to change?

So in order to incentivize and encourage more people to donate, there will be benefits introduced and different tiers of memberships. Like using signatures, custom titles, ranks, discord etc will be only available to donators, staff, contributors.

What is NOT going to change?

I want to make it absolutely clear - this community is free and will stay that way. Nothing with how it functions - sharing tables, upload, download and the core features will not change. If you visited this community just to upload, post or leech, nothing is going to feel different for you.

This is merely going to affect the cosmetic aspects/non-essential features and hopefully encourage more people to support us for the added benefits.

If you've any objections or suggestions on how to deal with this, please let me know either here or in PMs. I also want to say that we are doing OK but maybe we won't have been in a few months at the rate we're losing supporters and i really don't want to do fundraisers again, some of you probably get annoyed seeing those by now :D

Lastly, not as important but there's going to be massive cleanup of the forums especially topics with several pages. Nothing of value posts, just thanks and questions, that sort of posts.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Important changes to fearlessrevolution

Post by Darkedone02 »

The sad part is, this coronavirus epidemic is basically causing a global great depression, so america right now is going though it's 2nd great depression, after reports that 26 million people in the US has claimed unemployement. So getting money to support this website going is going to be a major issue if people these days like me have no job to be able to donate towards the cause.

I honestly don't know how to help in this suitation when we doing pateon, some do advertisement but this ain't youtube (and youtube is hard to monetize things expectually since we don't get that much viewers), so.... I'm out of ideas, and I'm not a good business person (and I hate money in general cause I'm always poor).

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I've been blessed to keep my job during this crisis. I've raised my pledge to try to help out some.

Thanks for keeping this place alive.

dharmang1910
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by dharmang1910 »

I have many tables that is not uploaded on site because users are asking to update them regularly and due to high backlog I can not let game installed for long time and so can not update for long time. If uploading my all tables can help to gain traffic and users then let me know I will upload them to support this site. I can only support now by my work.
Last edited by dharmang1910 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanzer
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Zanzer »

Allow authors to insert <CheatEntry membersonly="true"> into their tables and have server logic that strips out those elements from a cheat table when being downloaded.

Only elevated members will get access to those scripts until the thread as a whole has existed for... a month?

Or does that make you liable? :)

CheatingMuppet
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CheatingMuppet »

Zanzer wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:53 am
Allow authors to insert <CheatEntry membersonly="true"> into their tables and have server logic that strips out those elements from a cheat table when being downloaded.

Only elevated members will get access to those scripts until the thread as a whole has existed for... a month?

Or does that make you liable? :)
Might aswell make it dynamic <CheatEntry membersonly="30d">. d = days.

I don't know how this kind of logic would work if you put it in the tables themselves. It would be relatively easy to just allow uploaders to select it when they upload the attachment.