Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Interstellar Space: Genesis Request

Post by Ashar »

Game Name: Interstellar Space: Genesis
Game Version: V1.0
Options Required: Resources, Fast Research, Fast Build etc, usual 4X Space Strategy stuff
Game/Steam Website:

al103
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Interstellar Space: Genesis Request

Post by al103 »

I personally would be happy with just race creation points... which aren't asked above.

Datgai
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Datgai »

While in the race creation clear the selections, then do a 4 byte search for 10, change something and search for the new number, until you have 1 option in CE. Select that, then, you will edit the address to -4, so if it's like 16F5EF3FD24 then you will change it to 16F5EF3FD20, that should now show 10, change to taste.

al103
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by al103 »

Datgai wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:01 am
While in the race creation clear the selections, then do a 4 byte search for 10, change something and search for the new number, until you have 1 option in CE. Select that, then, you will edit the address to -4, so if it's like 16F5EF3FD24 then you will change it to 16F5EF3FD20, that should now show 10, change to taste.
Thank you. Much easier than search for each option separately.

Teleros
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Teleros »

For what it's worth, you can find the race creation stuff in C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\Races - and it's all stored as .XML to boot. For example:

Code: Select all

<raceModifier>
      <raceModifierId>RMOD_SHIP_ATTACK</raceModifierId>
      <raceModifierLevel>2</raceModifierLevel>
    </raceModifier>
Grants +50% ship attack (count from zero, not 1). Note that this belongs under "raceModifiers", but there is a separate section for one-off abilities like Creative, Large Homeworld etc:

Code: Select all

<raceModifier>
        <raceModifierId>RABIL_RICH_HOMEWORLD</raceModifierId>
        <raceModifierLevel>0</raceModifierLevel>
      </raceModifier>
Makes you have a Rich homeworld. This has to go into the "specialAbilities" and THEN the "raceModifiers" section though.

You can also adjust which planets your species tolerates, but when I tried adding every type of planet to a species the game crashed halfway through map generation. On the plus side, you can change literally everything about a custom race in here (tip: make a bunch of testing races, copy-paste the code you want from them into your OP race, then delete the test races). You can even muck about with AI weights it looks like.

I haven't tried adding in extra unique abilities (eg Resilient Settlers etc), but given those things have unique UI elements that may be an issue.

= = = = =

As for CE-related stuff, I haven't tried it much yet, beyond a couple of quick (failed) tests to find your money balance in the game. On the other hand, the game is quite happy letting you play with every single positive species trait in your species, so I figure it's not too urgent :D .

hsn
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by hsn »

money is float. and thanks for the creation point assist

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

You can edit the race xml file after creating one its stored in your usual appdata folder. And credits are pretty easy, and if you go into memory viewer for credits, you can then see the research and culture % i put them to 5000%. If anyone has any idea how to find values for infrastructure etc currently it will take over 1000 turns to terraform my planet, thats just silly

Cake-san
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cake-san »

Update 1
# Fix pointer addresses
Attachments
isg.CT
#Update 1
(23.62 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by Cake-san on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

be wary though, if you max culture, and unlock everything you wont beable to end turn, the game wasnt designed very well and doesnt recognise you being able to unlock all culture perks.

btw, I cant get the values for settlement options to fill, they just give ??

Teleros
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Teleros »

Ashar wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:48 pm
be wary though, if you max culture, and unlock everything you wont beable to end turn, the game wasnt designed very well and doesnt recognise you being able to unlock all culture perks.
Enable "nextTurnByEnter always Enabled" and do next turn that way. The game will insist you pick a new space culture perk no matter how you max your space culture out BTW - ie buying them turn by turn results in the same bug too.

@Cake-san - if you're up for working more on this table, a means of keeping building slots above zero would be good, so we can build everything in a colony.

Cake-san
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cake-san »

Ashar wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:48 pm
btw, I cant get the values for settlement options to fill, they just give ??
Then, you just have to find that "settlement options" in structure dissect (eg: Ctrl+Alt+D, there are a lot of variables :roll: )

I found it in <currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[2] _> <sysObj_> <settlement>

Teleros wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:33 pm
@Cake-san - if you're up for working more on this table, a means of keeping building slots above zero would be good, so we can build everything in a colony.
<bs_> (building slot)(I'm not the one who give that naming convention, I just took it directly from structure dissect, which the dev named that variable :P )

It's better if you just build things that's just crucial for your world instead of everything because the game don't have an option to zoom out while in the world. (which,if you built too much, you will miss-click)

Teleros
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Teleros »

Cake-san wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 am
<bs_> (building slot)(I'm not the one who give that naming convention, I just took it directly from structure dissect, which the dev named that variable :P )
Ah, thanks for that :) .

Bit annoying, but unfortunately the <settlements_> section is messed up whenever I try it:

Trying to think of other ideas for this table... planet size & mineral quality can't be adjusted through normal gameplay. Faster / instant remote exploration might be another one to consider too.

Cake-san
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cake-san »

Teleros wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm
Bit annoying, but unfortunately the <settlements_> section is messed up whenever I try it:

Trying to think of other ideas for this table... planet size & mineral quality can't be adjusted through normal gameplay. Faster / instant remote exploration might be another one to consider too.
Just use structure dissect like had mentioned here:
Cake-san wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 am
Then, you just have to find that "settlement options" in structure dissect (eg: Ctrl+Alt+D, there are a lot of variables :roll: )

I found it in <currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[2] _> <sysObj_> <settlement>
Here 's an example:

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

im still unsure how to use the structure dissect feature, ive never used it before, infact in my entire use of cheatengine ive never heard anyone mention it before, maybe a guide would be nice, dont just assume people know what your talking about.

I found the <currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[2] _> <sysObj_> <settlement> but i have no idea which value im looking for, or how to fill the table with those values. In your table the values are filled, but even though i seemed to have found the values using that dissect thing, the table valuesstill show ??????? for pointers, non of this makes sense.

I found values for my homeplanet, but duno where the values are for other colonies.

Cake-san
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cake-san »

Ashar wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 pm
im still unsure how to use the structure dissect feature, ive never used it before, infact in my entire use of cheatengine ive never heard anyone mention it before, maybe a guide would be nice, dont just assume people know what your talking about.

I found the <currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[2] _> <sysObj_> <settlement> but i have no idea which value im looking for, or how to fill the table with those values. In your table the values are filled, but even though i seemed to have found the values using that dissect thing, the table valuesstill show ??????? for pointers, non of this makes sense.

I found values for my homeplanet, but duno where the values are for other colonies.
Well, to me you're no more than a stranger, not a customer nor an acquaintance, not even a friend, hell, I don't even know your face.
So, I just assumed that everyone are bright. I'm giving out references that are understandable by me, no more spoon-feeding.I'm not your slave.

The table valuesstill show ??????? because it need an update & I don't own the game.
There's a high chance that I won't update my table if I posted it in request section or if I'm not a first poster on table section.
And this game is not my cup of tea. So, anyone can be my guest to use my table as reference to achieve their goal.

For other colonies, according to the reference, you can find it in:
<currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[3] _> <sysObj_> <settlement>
<currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[4] _> <sysObj_> <settlement>
<currentPlayer_> <settlements_> _items _> Item[5] _> <sysObj_> <settlement>

depending on your numbers of colonies.