Novice Cheater

Re: Hades

Post by prawnstar »

aanpsx wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi..
Here some table for:
thanks man.
It work's but after some time, my game suddenly closes, can u help ?

Cindbad
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Cindbad »

Hi, fells. I've tried to cheat, but for some reason game is crashing after I click enable in the CE.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I open game, then open file, choose process, then click checkbox Hades v0.13019CT, then click Enable - and after that game is freezing and then crashing. I'm in the dungeon and my health bar is not full.
Doing this first time, maybe there is another way to do this right?

Or maybe you can tell me how I can find the current health value?

aanpsx
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aanpsx »

prawnstar wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:11 pm
It work's but after some time, my game suddenly closes, can u help ?
Cindbad wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:33 pm
Hi, fells. I've tried to cheat, but for some reason game is crashing after I click enable in the CE.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I open game, then open file, choose process, then click checkbox Hades v0.13019CT, then click Enable - and after that game is freezing and then crashing. I'm in the dungeon and my health bar is not full.
Doing this first time, maybe there is another way to do this right?

Or maybe you can tell me how I can find the current health value?
turn out when installed on different system may change the opcode, for instance "GSGE.Code.Things.LivingThing::isAlive+A" on different system change to "GSGE.Code.Things.LivingThing::isAlive+8" or this game has anti tamper/cheat???
who knows...

btw, here some method how to make player pointer by yourself [BAD ENGLISH ALERT!!!]...
=============================================================================================
https://youtu.be/kwMXnnHK9zw
=============================================================================================
just to make sure, you can always apply stealthedit to your script..
hope this help

CoUsT
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by CoUsT »

aanpsx wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:17 pm
btw, here some method how to make player pointer by yourself
Hey, you forgot in assembler code to add "byte" after cmp. I couldn't get the correct pointer until I made it "cmp byte [rax+13],1" because in 0.15244 version isPlayer pointer is +13 and HP is +14 which conflicted with the default cmp type (probably 4 bytes).

Shaamaan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Shaamaan »

Since a new version just came out, I tried my luck at cheating in this game. Well, I suck at it.

Previously I managed to cheat by changing the HeroData.lua script file; it essentially has a nice section for getting health back after being hit (called "rally", a mechanic built into the game which is normally disabled). Making this mechanic powerful enough essentially gives you god-mode (or something very close to it).

Alas, after the recent update, I was no longer able to make it work. :( Does anyone have some tables for the latest version or knows how to modify the HeroData.lua this time around?

PS. This game uses MonoGame, as is stated on the first page of this thread. I tried to make use of the Mono Features of Cheat Engine as described at [Link] but it seems CE never really detects this is a MonoGame process...? I mean, I don't get any additional "Mono" menu in CE (unless I'm blind and it's evident where said menu should be)...

lahma
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by lahma »

I haven't verified this to be working yet, but I think I know why Cheat Engine is not detecting Hades as a Mono game. I believe the way that Cheat Engine detects if the loaded EXE uses Mono is by checking the list of loaded modules and matching at least 1 of 2 conditions.

Module Name (EQUALS) 'mono.dll'
OR
Module Name (STARTS WITH) 'mono-'

Unfortunately, it does not appear that Hades matches either of these conditions. A cursory glance would suggest that its mono dll is named 'MonoGame.Framework.Windows.dll'. To fix this detection logic in Cheat Engine, it appears that you should be able to just directly modify the file located at:

"[CheatEngineDirectory]\autorun\monoscript.lua"

As I said before, I have not tried this out yet, so there may be more changes that are required to make this work, but it appears that you should be able to modify a single line inside of the following block of code (function 'mono_OpenProcessMT(t)'):

Code: Select all

function mono_OpenProcessMT(t)
  if t~=nil then
    t.destroy()
  end

--enumModules is faster than getAddress at OpenProcess time (No waiting for all symbols to be loaded first)
  local usesmono=false
  local m=enumModules()
  local i
  for i=1, #m do
    if (m[i].Name=='mono.dll') or (string.sub(m[i].Name,1,5)=='mono-') then
      usesmono=true
      break
    end
  end
Inside the block of code, this line:

if (m[i].Name=='mono.dll') or (string.sub(m[i].Name,1,5)=='mono-') then
Should be modified to:

if (m[i].Name=='mono.dll') or (m[i].Name=='MonoGame.Framework.Windows.dll') or (string.sub(m[i].Name,1,5)=='mono-') then
Or, for a bit more resilience against other targets which might modify the mono dll naming a bit:

if (m[i].Name=='mono.dll') or (string.sub(m[i].Name,1,5)=='mono-') or (string.find(string.lower(m[i].Name), 'monogame', 1, true)) then
If my assumption is correct, that should allow Cheat Engine to be able to detect that Hades is using Mono... which should change the game from being a complete and utter pain in the ass to modify with Cheat Engine, to being a fairly easy target to modify with some simple lua code being used to make Mono-related calls.

I will try this out shortly to see if it works, and I will report back with my findings.

BigFuzzyNugz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by BigFuzzyNugz »

Hey this is my first time here I was wondering if anyone gets a "C Table" Working I would be greatfull ^_^ :D :ugeek:

lahma
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by lahma »

So, it appears that performing the steps noted in my previous post unfortunately do not work. After doing some research, 'MonoGame.Framework.WIndows.dll' is definitely not the equivalent of 'mono.dll'. Unfortunately, it appears that there is not any 'mono.dll' hidden amongst Hade's libraries (perhaps the closest thing would be the Engine DLL?). While SuperGiant's game engine looks to be heavily based on XNA/Mono, it appears that it is heavily customized and therefore will not be easily interfaced with by an app meant to interface with a mostly generic implementation of Mono. So... looks like this game is going to continue to be a pain in the ass to modify memory values on... Honestly, the best approach is most likely going to be the modification of XML files with the 'Hades\Content\Game' directory.

If anyone discovers that I am way off base in my assumptions, please let me know... Or if anyone finds a better strategy for modifying memory values in this game, also, please let me know. Obviously it isn't impossible to modify values in this game by traditional means, but with the addresses holding the values constantly changing, and no reliable means of finding pointers that are updated when the addresses change (at least I haven't found any means of finding good pointers), it is just more work than it is often worth...

Shaamaan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Shaamaan »

lahma wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:32 am
So... looks like this game is going to continue to be a pain in the ass to modify memory values on... Honestly, the best approach is most likely going to be the modification of XML files with the 'Hades\Content\Game' directory.
(I think you meant LUA files, not XML files...)
That was my previous attempt as well. As I wrote, initially I was able to use the "RallyHealth" options in HeroData.lua, but this doesn't seem to work any more. As such, I wonder what's the best place to look - the idea is to make as few changes as possible, after all... Any clues?

EDIT:
Found it! Combat.lua:

if triggerArgs.DamageAmount ~= nil and triggerArgs.AttackerId == CurrentRun.Hero.ObjectId then
			if CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.Store > 0 then
				local rallyHeal = triggerArgs.DamageAmount * CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.DamageDealtHeal
				rallyHeal = math.min(rallyHeal, CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.Store)
				if rallyHeal > CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.MaxRallyHealthPerHit then
					rallyHeal = CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.MaxRallyHealthPerHit
				end
				CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.Store = CurrentRun.Hero.RallyHealth.Store - rallyHeal
				Heal( CurrentRun.Hero, { HealAmount = rallyHeal, SourceName = "RallyHeal", Silent = true } )
				thread( UpdateHealthUI )
			end
			Heal( CurrentRun.Hero, { HealAmount = triggerArgs.DamageAmount, SourceName = "RallyHeal", Silent = true } ) <- add this!
			CalculateSuperGain( triggerArgs, sourceWeaponData, victim )
		end

I added the Heal near the bottom and now I've got god-mode.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Creating a cheat table for this game is easy, now, do any of you ladies and gents have any idea when this game whill ever go full?

appledog
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by appledog »

VampTY wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm
Creating a cheat table for this game is easy, now, do any of you ladies and gents have any idea when this game whill ever go full?
If I recall correctly last they said was some time in 2020. Also if anyone happens to know which LUA file I have to edit for currency that would be much appreciated. I'm not that well versed in editing games, but I am trying.

lahma
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by lahma »

VampTY wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm
I'm not sure I would describe it as easy being that there are no static addresses, finding reliable pointers isn't possible, using symbol names and/or AOB is unreliable since everything uses JIT (going to have to perform actions in the game for the code to first be generated) , the game's heavy customization of Mono makes it incompatible with CE's default Mono implementation (which means it's not simple to use CE's built in methods for forcing certain methods to be compiled on demand), some values despite being changed never update their display values on screen (most will after moving to the next stage but health will never be updated on screen), and the game is being updated so frequently with rather significant changes that coming up with reliable AOB patterns is difficult as many of the opcodes, registers, and offsets are changing in every update. If someone can figure out how to make CE's Mono functionality interface with the game without a ton of customization, then I suspect it would be a rather straightforward target.. If you know of a way to do this, I would appreciate any pointers.

While I'm not saying that experienced cheat table creators or reverse code engineers are going to be stumped by such a target (far from it), I personally wouldn't call such a target "easy"... but I guess that's just me...

walacebr00
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by walacebr00 »

Search your current hp with Value Type [Double] and get a hit by any enemy and press asc, return back to cheat engine and update your searching and you got the real address with your hp (is temporaly, after 5 stages the address change and you need to repeat this, and the same with gold, darkness and special itens(special itens not tested for me) its my help for all
Brazilian Here 0/
[edit because a writing error because my english are too poor]
:D

jim2point0
Cheater
Cheater

Post by jim2point0 »

Man, never seen a Roguelike with such little activity :(
walacebr00 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 am
Search your current hp with Value Type [Double] and get a hit by any enemy and press asc, return back to cheat engine and update your searching and you got the real address with your hp (is temporaly, after 5 stages the address change and you need to repeat this, and the same with gold, darkness and special itens(special itens not tested for me) its my help for all
Brazilian Here 0/
[edit because a writing error because my english are too poor]
:D
Can confirm this works though. Tried to make a table but he game crashed and I lost all my progress for that run :x

d3me
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by d3me »

jim2point0 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:31 am
Can confirm this works though. Tried to make a table but he game crashed and I lost all my progress for that run :x
Game crashes 95% of the time if you freeze your HP. Bind freeze/unfreeze to a hotkey, unfreeze just before exiting to a new area, freeze again after new room loads.