[Request] Sword of the Stars Complete (GOG)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Thaldis
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

[Request] Sword of the Stars Complete (GOG)

Post by Thaldis »

Game Name: Sword of the Stars Complete Collection
Game Version: v1.8.1
Options Required: God Mode, Research, Money
Game Website: [Link]
Other Info: So yes, Black Friday at 2.19 euros. Recifense made a good table some time ago but it is for Argos Naval Yard 1.8.0 so it does not work. The table was transported to this website also viewtopic.php?t=3520. Thanks in advance!

cloudbill
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Request] Sword of the Stars Complete (GOG)

Post by cloudbill »

I would also like to see a trainer for version 1.8.1. Especially since both GoG and Steam have updated to 1.8.1 and the game goes on sale a few times a year on both.

Darkwhip
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Darkwhip »

i'd also like an update on it, by working on it myself. I've been able to find the address of the "real" treasury.
To find it first you finish a turn and then immediately after the turn is done you search for the value currently displayed as your credits, it's an 8-byte value.
Normally at this point I get very few results, but to further proof you got the right address simply spend the money and you'll see that one of the values changes to equal this, but this is not the value you are looking for.
Run the turn again and look at the values you have, again repeat the same process on the first and you should end up with two or three values.

For some reason, this game has two variables storing your money, one of them is your actual budget and the other is the budget shown on the screen that dynamically responds to what you spend, So in order to freeze the right money you need to find the budget value that only updates at turn end, because if you do not the game treats it like you didn't change money at all.

I am working on figuring out the pointer for it and trying to understand cheat engine structs to perhaps update recifense table.

Thaldis
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Thaldis »

Thank you for your hard work.

Darkwhip
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Darkwhip »

Alright, through simple pointermap scans i've been able to pinpoint 29 pointers to the "Real" money. I've picked one and played through it, works fine.
So far it only has the real money value so you can set it to whatever you want, even freeze it without a problem.
Note: The value you set on the table does not correspond to the value you immediately see as money ingame, but to a hidden variable that updates every other turn and shows your real treasury, so you are free to set a large number and go negative but then roll the turn and you'll be fine.
Attachments
Sword of the Stars_v181 +1.CT
(581 Bytes) Downloaded 247 times

cloudbill
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by cloudbill »

Once again Sword of the Stars Complete Edition is on sale at GOG. Could someone please make a "complete" trainer or table for this jewel of a 4X strategy game?