What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by Myrmidon »

Satiate wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:02 am
vuechangz wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:00 pm
Nice Wakkaba, I didnt know the game could still read the folder. Ive always wondered why I lost some files when I deleted it. So I made a new folder so the game doesnt delete what I already edited. I noticed that since 7zip had the archive format at 7z, the game crashed allot. So I found out that it was actually zip that the save game was reading better and didnt constantly crash me.

Another cool thing to do if you dont want to waste time taking a specific ability and give it to you is to level up and then edit your save to level 1 again and relevel again. Its allot to do and this took awhile but this is a whole lot easier than editing specific abilities and not knowing which ability it is. For example there are some feats that I added in but werent activated. It said something like DEACTIVATED and its colored out grey.

Use the cheat from this site and level up all the way to 20 or go into the Save and Edit
"Experience":
Its right under "CharacterLevel":
The maximum experience is 360,000.

After picking your feats and etc.

There are 3 parts you have to edit
"Classes"
"m_Progressions"
"m_Selections"
Thanks for pointing this method out. I messed around with it a bit and made it work pretty easy. Definitely nice if you want to make a tweaked multiclass character. Can basically level out one of the classes, then level back down to 1 and just path through the other as you progress. I did a couple other little tweaks so the character wouldn't be as overpowered. Here's my process:

Uplevel:

Change xp in save file to desired level and load game. I used [Link] for xp values. Seemed correct at least in the level 10 test I did.
Can also level using the trainer here I believe. I didn't do it this way, but I would assume it would work as well.

Downlevel:

Set Experience to 0

Set CharacterLevel to 1

Set HitPoints BaseValue and PermanentValue to level 1 value (Also Change ModValue under HitPoints to reflect your Con mod at level 1. It will show a value of level*Con modifier)

Set m_Count (for modifier dependent) values from upleveled value back to 1
This is the multiplier count that will adjust the modifier values for modifier dependent items (at least this is my understanding)
example: Can search ": 20" to find values adjusted for a level 20 character

Set BaseAttackBonus to desired
example: Change BaseValue and PermanentValue to 1 from 20 if you leveled to 20 with a fighter and want to downlevel to level 1 value

Set SaveFortitude/SaveWill/SaveReflex to base levels.
Take into consideration any feats/class abilities that give you bonuses to feats. Don't deduct these values if your intention is to benefit from those feats. Likely requires comparison with an actual level 1 character sheet to adjust.

Under "Classes", set "Level": 1

Under "m_Progressions", set "Level": 1 for both values

Under "m_Selections", remove all entries for levels greater than 1
This will keep your level selections that you would have with a clean level 1 character while removing feat selection made down the line. Allows you to select feats when your character reaches those levels again
For casters (mages, bards, clerics, & etc), m_CasterLevelInternal needs to be set to 1 or lowered as well.

Code: Select all

"m_CasterLevelInternal": 1

Satiate
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Satiate »

Myrmidon wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 am
For casters (mages, bards, clerics, & etc), m_CasterLevelInternal needs to be set to 1 or lowered as well.

Good to know. If you leave this high, will it cause a problem? I assume leaving this higher allows you to cast higher level spells when you are still low level?

I've only messed around with non-caster classes so far so I didn't consider this value.

SpaceHamster06
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [COMPLETED] Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by SpaceHamster06 »

How do you find who you're editing for? So how would I find a specific pc/npc in the json to edit them?

wakka9ca
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by wakka9ca »

For people wanting to edit portrait or add custom portrait to an existing file that didn't have a custom portrait or vice versa, you can convert like following:

In-game portrait example:

"m_Portrait": "bbffc3a92dfb46e45b0a4fadf07d7e78",
"m_CustomPortrait": null
Custom portrait example:

"m_Portrait": null, <-- set to null since you want to use custom
"m_CustomPortrait": {
	"$id": "430",
	"m_CustomPortraitId": "4001077516" <-- custom portrait folder Id
}
SpaceHamster06 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 am
How do you find who you're editing for? So how would I find a specific pc/npc in the json to edit them?
Search for the individual sections, such as "Abilities" or "Stats". there should be 1 per character.

Also be careful with save files that have been played more and much more complex due to the state of the game. I found out that in order to resolve a forward declaration issue (this game's save parsing cannot refer to an ID that will be declared much later in the file) all the object's definition are automatically declared on first reference. This means that if an ability is used in a slot and the slot is declared in the save file before the abilities section, the ability will be declared under the slots section. The actual ability will then reference the earlier declaration. This is also true for characters. If you have a weapon in the your inventory equipped to a NPC, the NPc is likely to be declared under the inventory section instead of being at the top level since the ID are assigned by ascending order in text, not in depth of the JSON struct.

So this is actually helpful because if you know what state or effect is affected by what ability or trait you can find that ability or trait by looking at what it's referencing. This is useful if you don't know which feat/ability/trait is for what and need additional info to identify it.

IKerensky
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by IKerensky »

Hello,

Is it possible to create a character then copy paste it as a compagnion ?

wakka9ca
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by wakka9ca »

IKerensky wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:02 am
Hello,

Not easily but doable but not in the way you describe. You probably need to do the following:

1) Save the file before recruiting a custom merc
2) Actually recruit a custom mercenary in-game
3) Save another file
4) Compare the two save file to see the extra section
5) Modify the custom mercenary you created to your liking just as you would modify another player character

Rebelicious
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rebelicious »

IKerensky wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:02 am
Hello,

Yes, but why not just recruit a mercenary? :mellow:

IKerensky
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by IKerensky »

1- custom mercenary is currently off.
2- not having to rack money... yet editable.
3- mercenary are built on 20 pts, PC on 25.

Rebelicious
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rebelicious »

IKerensky wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:21 am
1- custom mercenary is currently off.
2- not having to rack money... yet editable.
3- mercenary are built on 20 pts, PC on 25.
Alright, so if Mercenaries are off later in the game, I can see how there could be a reason to do that, but the other two are more easily done by simply changing the money you have or the stats of the mercenary.

kighte
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kighte »

I didn't see anyone post anything about items yet, so here's something I've been doing after fiddling with the player file using the save editing method.

I was trying to figure out how to duplicate items but that seems tedious when looking at items that are equipped to characters or in inventories because they may have many flags that you don't want to disturb.

However, there's a way to simplify how the game sees items because of the vendor list:

1) Find the item you want to duplicate.
2) Sell the item to a vendor from whom you know it will be easy to identify the item in a list of their quantities. For example, Jhod has mostly huge quantities of items for sale, so if you sell a single item to him, adding it to his list, it will look suspect. You can simplify this further by making sure he is only selling items with quantities greater than 1 by buying up those items before doing the rest of this.
3) Extract the save file and open up player.zks.
4) Scroll down to the vendor list (you can ctrl-F "vendor") and look for the vendor you sold the item to based on the quantities of items sold. If you sold it to Jhod like I advised, it will be relatively easy because he shows up earlier in the lists and his list is obvious because he sells tons of 99 stack items unless you for some reason bought them all.
5) Identify the item you sold to him. Again, if you followed step 2's extra advice Jhod will only have 1 1-quantity item in that list.
6) Edit the quantity for that entry to whatever you want and save the file.
7) Archive the save back into a .zks and reopen it like the original poster has explained. When you open up Jhod's inventory he should now be selling that item with the edited quantity.
8) Buy back as much of the item as you wanted. If you're already editing like this, you can edit your gold to make this trivial.

In theory, the "Item" or "Key" field in the Vendor list matches the main m_blueprint field in inventories. For example, my Longsword+1 seems to appear a few times across different characters as "03d706655c07d804cb9d5a5583f9aec5" if I'm not getting my saves mixed up. Potentially this means that, if people showed their item fields for rare items, rare items could then be safely inserted into other people's games by using this exploit. For example, I changed that Longsword+1 I sold to Jhod's Item field in the vendor list to "ebea3139c4649e7459079d424c89e561", a Cold Iron Dagger+1, from a different save file and when I reopened the vendor, I saw that he was indeed selling a Cold Iron Dagger+1 in place of that sword I originally gave him. If anyone has any really good items they would like to share, it might be useful to compile them. I'm not so far ahead in the story so the items I have are a bit boring.

Here's some stuff I have so far:

"91bf657f26eb80f4ba05b0b8440b1e8c" Chain Shirt+1
"4aea6773c1da01c42bd382c1b7c384bc" Cloak of Resistance+1
"e4925df9c7ab2714793cd5834e0a3039" Greatsword+1

Kenu
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Kenu »

This is off topic but how do people make the party.json show everything in multiple lines? similar to this image Rebelicious posted.
Spoiler
When I open party.json with Note++, I find everything in one long line instead. Tried googling and they said to change EOL conversion to windows instead of Linux but its already set as windows.

EDIT:
statistic.json displays code in multiple lines like normal but all other files display everything in a single line.

wakka9ca
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by wakka9ca »

Install the JSTool plugin for Notepad++. then Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat to see that format.

You can also use the JSON viewer option to help navigate a file more easily and the Compare plugin to diff the files.

Kenu
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Kenu »

Installing the plugin changed it, thank you very much.

Myrmidon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Myrmidon »

Satiate wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:09 am
Myrmidon wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 am

Good to know. If you leave this high, will it cause a problem? I assume leaving this higher allows you to cast higher level spells when you are still low level?

I've only messed around with non-caster classes so far so I didn't consider this value.
If left the variable is left high, then yes your assumption is correct it would allow a low level character to be throwing around higher level spells it has learned.

hheellppmm
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by hheellppmm »

Hi im new and a bit noob, all here have the original game or not? because i cant find the save file for editing like you show before
i just want to have my main character with 18 all stats and gold nothing else well if i can i whish add some extra skill points
sorry for my english!