Expert Cheater

Cross Code V1.0

Post by Noire Blackheart »

Game Name: Cross Code
Game Engine: Unknown
Game Version: 1.0
Options Required: Inf HP, Inf CP and Inf SP
Game/Steam Website: [Link]
Other Info: A request was opened for this game when it was in early access (around 2 years ago) but it seems it has changed alot since then, one main difference I can see is there is only one process now instead of 3, I heard people had trouble finding values that stuck with the early access version, I am not sure if this will be any better, finding CP when I tried caused the game to crash so it may have a failsafe in it to crash the game if values are changed, though what do I know, I am just guessing here.

Noire Blackheart
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Ok, after testing it abit myself I can't find any values apart from CP which is 4 byte doubled value same as early access, but changing that value crashes the game, so this may be much harder than I first thought.

pgain2004
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by pgain2004 »

Noire Blackheart wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:22 am
Ok, after testing it abit myself I can't find any values apart from CP which is 4 byte doubled value same as early access, but changing that value crashes the game, so this may be much harder than I first thought.
I can change most values without problem. Did you target the right process?

Cor Blimey
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Cor Blimey »

I've been able to successfully and repeatedly edit inventory amounts. As long as you hit the right process, most things seem to be stored 2x the value in 4 bytes. The locations change sometimes, because of course they do. But after a bunch of edits, all the locations seem to be nearby each other, so that's useful.

I go get stuff, and get a couple of the item I want to change. Search 4. Craft another, search 6, and so on. Works. Same with money.

I did get one crash trying to save, you might want to not go above 99 for any item. I've had 1000 or 2000 work, though. If you want to be safe, probably keep amounts within the range that the game expects to see them at.

No idea about HP and SP, though.

Shion
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shion »

Game's main script file (assets\js\game.compiled.js) is a plain javascript. It is obfuscated, but some cheating is still possible. I've managed to make:

- 100% drop rate from monsters and plants with no regard to combat rank
- x10 exp gain
- x10 money gain
- skill points do not decrease
- at least one item will stay in the inventory on use (works at least with healing and buff items)
- death counter should not increase
- can use special moves even with zero SP (but you have to learn special moves before touching "spacebar" or the game will crash)

Still can't find the place for player's HP. Game version is 1.0.0-4, so if steam updates it higher - cheat will stop working.
Last edited by Shion on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megaauthor
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by megaauthor »

Decided to try this script out. It works fine, but it somehow I am unable to money; via selling or gaining from defeated monsters. A bug in the script perhaps?

Shion
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shion »

megaauthor wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm
Decided to try this script out. It works fine, but it somehow I am unable to money; via selling or gaining from defeated monsters. A bug in the script perhaps?
Not a bug. Indeed works only on monster drops.

Made some "improvements", so the list of fixes looks like this:
  • 100% item drop rate
  • x10 exp gain with minimum of 10 exp per monster kill (maximum 100 kills for level up)
  • x10 money gain from monster kills
  • skill points do not decrease
  • consumables do not decrease on use
  • death counter stays at 0
  • no SP required for special attacks (should be crash-free now)
And here's another little update:
  • Trades do not consume items (you still need at least one set though)
Last edited by Shion on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ifan
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by ifan »

Tell me please, how did you manage to bring the file into a readable view? All online services give out an error. Is there a special program?
I would like to understand what you are changing in the file. Tomorrow will be an update, and you go on vacation) And what are we going to do?

Shion
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shion »

ifan wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:48 pm
Tell me please, how did you manage to bring the file into a readable view? All online services give out an error. Is there a special program?
I would like to understand what you are changing in the file. Tomorrow will be an update, and you go on vacation) And what are we going to do?
I used this site beautifier.io to make script somehow readable. To find places I've changed search for "///" in script I submitted.

ifan
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by ifan »

Thank you. You were a little ahead of me with the answer. I already found this site and my next question was: "What kind of ticks do you put in processing the file?" since we have very different files. I had a lot of unnecessary line breaks, and when comparing they looked like errors. Then I found your notes /// and everything became simple))) Thanks again

Noire Blackheart
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

If only there was a way to walk through walls, some of the puzzles can be so annoying, I joke, thank you for the table Shion.

motorolax
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by motorolax »

Shion wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:47 pm
megaauthor wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm
Not a bug. Indeed works only on monster drops.

Made some "improvements", so the list of fixes looks like this:
  • 100% item drop rate
  • x10 exp gain with minimum of 10 exp per monster kill (maximum 100 kills for level up)
  • x10 money gain from monster kills
  • skill points do not decrease
  • consumables do not decrease on use
  • death counter stays at 0
  • no SP required for special attacks (should be crash-free now)
And here's another little update:
  • Trades do not consume items (you still need at least one set though)
There is a problem with credit(can't get money at all). And "x10" exp gain is too powerful. Where do I need to modify it?

Shion
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shion »

motorolax wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:04 pm
There is a problem with credit(can't get money at all). And "x10" exp gain is too powerful. Where do I need to modify it?
It works on money drops from monster kills only. x10 exp gain is there to compensate for lack of "godmode", but if you want to change it, look for "/// x10 exp gain" and change "10 : j * 10" to whatever you want.

motorolax
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by motorolax »

Shion wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 pm
It works on money drops from monster kills only. x10 exp gain is there to compensate for lack of "godmode", but if you want to change it, look for "/// x10 exp gain" and change "10 : j * 10" to whatever you want.
I meant that no credit could be gained under any circumstances(monster kill,shop sell). could u?
If this only happens to me, forget about it.

Thank you!

edit:I update to 1.0.0-6. It works.
Last edited by motorolax on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shion
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shion »

motorolax wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:25 pm
I meant that no credit could be gained under any circumstances(monster kill,shop sell). could u?
Yep, it all works normally here.