Post by Techno665 »

edale wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 pm
Techno665 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 am
All-In-One File Has been updated.
Please Inform me if anything is not working

Password: CrossCode
I see you managed to setup the variables for all the cheats, nice work!

Was recoding it to the new version difficult at all? I noted the modded vs unmodded chunks of code, but really should have put notations on the actual changes themselves to make recoding easier.
It was fine, the worst part was because a lot of the code has been changed for the new NG+ stuff, so i wasn't able to just (for lack of a better term) 1 to 1 the code and instead had to compared the modded code, to the unmodded code to the to see the differences, then compared it to the new version of the game and make changed from there, that and i kept forgetting to add } to the end so when i tested the file i had to close CrossCode fix the code and relaunch CrossCode, or i would end up puting the if (Cheat === 1) { in both parts of the code and that caused weird but interesting problems.

Updated All-In-One File to CrossCode V1.2.0-3
I missed the update so the file was still on V1.2.0-2, Those who were having issues and errors dose this fix it?

Attachments
CrossCode V1.2.0-3 All-In-One.zip
(899.55 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

WolvClaw
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by WolvClaw »

Techno665 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:21 am
edale wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 pm
Techno665 wrote:

I see you managed to setup the variables for all the cheats, nice work!

Was recoding it to the new version difficult at all? I noted the modded vs unmodded chunks of code, but really should have put notations on the actual changes themselves to make recoding easier.
It was fine, the worst part was because a lot of the code has been changed for the new NG+ stuff, so i wasn't able to just (for lack of a better term) 1 to 1 the code and instead had to compared the modded code, to the unmodded code to the to see the differences, then compared it to the new version of the game and make changed from there, that and i kept forgetting to add } to the end so when i tested the file i had to close CrossCode fix the code and relaunch CrossCode, or i would end up puting the if (Cheat === 1) { in both parts of the code and that caused weird but interesting problems.

Updated All-In-One File to CrossCode V1.2.0-3
I missed the update so the file was still on V1.2.0-2, Those who were having issues and errors dose this fix it?

No more issues for me. Everything works fine now. Great work and thanks for your efforts!

Atmarix
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Atmarix »

Techno665 wrote:

Thank you very mucho

Techno665
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Techno665 »

Updated All-In-One File to CrossCode V1.2.0-4

Attachments
CrossCode V1.2.0-4 All-In-One.zip
(899.55 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

Techno665 wrote:
... and i kept forgetting to add } to the end so when i tested the file i had to close CrossCode fix the code and relaunch CrossCode, or i would end up puting the if (Cheat === 1) { in both parts of the code and that caused weird but interesting problems.
In Notepad++, if you click on one of the brackets, it will highlight both that bracket, and the opposite one (so if you click the opening bracket, it'll highlight the matching closing bracket as well, and visa-versa). Makes verifying you have your brackets all opened and closed properly quite simple.

blastz007
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by blastz007 »

sweet... another update. thank you so much :D

Techno665
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Techno665 »

edale wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm
Techno665 wrote:
... and i kept forgetting to add } to the end so when i tested the file i had to close CrossCode fix the code and relaunch CrossCode, or i would end up puting the if (Cheat === 1) { in both parts of the code and that caused weird but interesting problems.
In Notepad++, if you click on one of the brackets, it will highlight both that bracket, and the opposite one (so if you click the opening bracket, it'll highlight the matching closing bracket as well, and visa-versa). Makes verifying you have your brackets all opened and closed properly quite simple.
Yea I know, I just always forgot to check.

enpoping
Cheater
Cheater

Post by enpoping »

Techno665 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:27 am
Updated All-In-One File to CrossCode V1.2.0-4

:D nice, thank you

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

[Link]
Post-game DLC expected 2nd quarter of 2020.
Technical update due in 1-2 weeks, primarily to update nw.js. There will be some other "additional feature" added in the update, but it's not stated what it will be.
There's also some updates on console porting progress.

Techno665
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Techno665 »

Updated All-In-One File to CrossCode V1.2.0-5

P.s. Yay, i can finally play again, memory leak was making it impossible for me to play, Time to go back to being a horror monster with insane damage.
Attachments
CrossCode V1.2.0-5 All-In-One.zip
(902.57 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

Any cheats for the Arena? Like always perfect score? Or infinite coins?

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

Lord Blade wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:08 pm
Any cheats for the Arena? Like always perfect score? Or infinite coins?
Honestly, pretty much all the current mods are just ports of mods created by people that actually know how to code from back before CrossCode was even at v1.0, that aren't around anymore, along with a few I discovered by sheer luck while playing with things.

If I get some time I can try digging through the files to find the code for the arena, and see if anything in it jumps out at me, but my understanding of coding is limited, at best. Not to mention I don't have much spare time right now, and what spare time I have is being taken up by some work I'm doing on an MSU-1 mod* for Final Fantasy V (SNES).

*An MSU-1 is basically a chip that can go in a SNES cartridge (similar to the SuperFx chip used in some games) to give the SNES the same capabilities as if it had a CD attachment (including things like adding full-motion video to games). MSU-1 modded games can play in a few emulators, such as Snes9x, or on an actual SNES system via a SD2SNES flashcart (sorry, EverDrives don't work with MSU-1 mods; has to be an SD2SNES). I do a fair amount of audio work for a number of MSU-1 mods to give SNES games CD quality soundtracks.

*edit- If you use Notepad++, and install the JSTool plugin ([Link]), you can go into:
CrossCode v1.2.0.5\assets\data\arena\
Open the .json file for the Cup you want to alter in Notepad++ (make a backup of the file first, to be safe), in the menu bar select:
Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat
This will format the .json into properly indented code, rather than one big chunk of text.

From there you can simply change the rewards for the Cup. There are various lines labeled "Coins" "PlatPoints" and "Points". I'd have to do some playtesting to test anything (which I'm not doing right now), but I imagine you can just give yourself a 1 million coin reward for beating one of the Cups pretty easily. ;)

ZeikJT
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZeikJT »

Hello all, been using these cheats since I got wiped by a boss and didn't want to grind to get past it. Been super useful, thanks to everyone who helped make it! :)

I got to the arena recently and added my own cheats for it since there didn't seem to be any yet. Hopefully they're self-explanatory. I tested them as I wrote and needed them so with any luck they'll work for you too.
Same password as before: CrossCode

I tried to keep it in the same "don't modify existing lines" format so that it could be ported to newer versions more easily if needed.
Attachments
CrossCode V1.2.0-5 All-In-One + Arena.zip
(878.29 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

@Zeik Awesome work, you're now the.... 4th, I think, person to actually create some game.compiled.js cheats. There were 2 main modders back during the beta (who have both moved on to other things), and everything else has just been various people porting over those mods to the new versions. I created (mostly by accident) 1 or 2 mods that were basically just slightly altered forms of a previous mod for a slightly different effect, and then later taking every version of every mod and sticking them all in one file with easy toggles to turn all the mods on and off so we wouldn't need to do 2-3 versions of the mod, with different cheats used in the different versions, each update.

I just stuck modified code next to unmodified code, and used a simple if/else function to choose which set of code would run based on the cheat variables at the start of the file... I don't even know what half the functions you used for the arena cheats are, WAY higher level of programming than I can manage (hell, I needed help to get the syntax right for the if/else statements, lol).

And while recently Techno's been porting the coding over for new versions before I even notice the updates, lol, I still like occasionally digging through the code to see if I can make cool things happen (usually I just end up with a game that won't launch, lol). Any chance you could upload a version with notations to make it easier for me to try and decipher what you did for the various new cheats?

ZeikJT
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZeikJT »

@edale Alright, attached a new file. I tried to clean up the cheats, fixed the xp min cheat since it wasn't being used at all, shrunk the if blocks to just the parts that needed to be affected to make the cheats work, added comments here and there, and also added a few more cheats I wrote for myself. Learning to modify existing stuff is a fun way to learn programming and has the benefit of instant gratification! It was one of the biggest ways I learned how code worked wayyyy back in the day. Modded Fallout 1/2, Jedi Knight 2/A, KotOR I/II, etc. :)

I'm working on making the cheats into a CCLoader compatible mod so that we wouldn't need to modify the code file to port the cheats over to newer versions of the game. I wanted to implement it as a standalone extension so no other downloads would be needed but the current CrossCode extension system doesn't seem to be able to run new javascript. It would also be possible to simply copy-paste the new code at the end of the game.compiled.js without any other changes and it should just work that way too. Obviously turning it into a modular chunk of code is going to add a lot of complexity because it isn't possible to add arbitrary lines of code into the existing functions but I think the maintenance benefits are pretty nice. Hopefully the code doesn't change so much between releases that they break the cheats or the mod itself!

I'm also looking into the UI for the game to see if it would be possible to add an in-game menu where you could toggle the cheats. They're already stored in variables so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to toggle them live, it's easy enough via the dev tools. Still stumbling around trying to learn the UI code though, so no promises

EDIT: The UI was tricky but very doable. Added a newer file that includes a cheat menu you can access from within the pause menu. It's a very spartan menu but even that was hard enough! It also has full keyboard support which I hope translates to full controller support but I didn't have any on hand to test with. You can even move the sliders more quickly if you're holding either the quick menu or dash buttons (different speeds) while pressing left and right. They don't save though, so unless you edit the js to suit your needs you'll be changing them each time you boot the game. Eventually it'd be nice to have them save but it's at least nice to be able to change stuff in-game and see how it all feels.

Still working on that CCLoader support. I got it to load in game but the UI for the menu is super weird... debugging...

EDIT2: Got the CCLoader implementation working. It was tricky but fun to rewrite all the cheats to work on a gray-box level. Uploaded to [Link] if anyone wants to give that version a shot. Already sent a PR to get it added to [Link] so hopefully it'll be there soon.
Attachments
CrossCode V1.2.0-5 All-In-One + Cheat Menu.zip
(881.72 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
CrossCode V1.2.0-5 All-In-One + Arena V2.zip
(878.43 KiB) Downloaded 28 times