Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Sensei7
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [REQUEST] Balatro

Post by Sensei7 »

Rancidity wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:59 am
Values I found were doubles. Here’s the stuff you can tweak that I’ve tested.
Although I tested with version 1.0.0i-FULL, searching with doubles haven't changed since the first demo.

Game Board
  • Infinite Hands Remaining
  • Infinite Discards Remaining
Is possibile make a mini cheat table ? thx

Snoop
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Snoop »

Sensei7 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:11 pm
Rancidity wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:59 am

Game Board
  • Infinite Hands Remaining
  • Infinite Discards Remaining
  • Infinite Money
Is possibile make a mini cheat table ? thx
I agree for Balatro v1.0.0k , thanks :)

RingofFire
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by RingofFire »

'Re-rolls cost 0' would be enough really.

Usameod
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Usameod »

I've been trying to make a trainer type menu but even after watching videos, I can't seem to get a pointer. If anyone else had success with it, I would love to know how you did it for learning purposes.

there is only one line that writes to the gold but the issue is that there was no offset, both were registers and that's where I got stuck. Searching for the easy guess address(which was just the temp address of the gold to begin with) doesn't come up with any results so there is no pointer that holds the address afaict.

EDIT: turns out I was using the wrong debugger, I managed to get some pointers but it doesnt work once you make a new run(not restarting game)

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Usameod wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:20 am
EDIT: turns out I was using the wrong debugger, I managed to get some pointers but it doesnt work once you make a new run(not restarting game)
The pointers are unstable because they are from the lua engine. In fact pretty sure the numbers on first round may not be double and may be integers and switch to double on first math use. The memory organization structure is very dynamic as a result. It could be possible to hook lua functions like lua_pushnumber but I could not get name and value pointer easily at same time from those methods. It will be fairly unstable in way and probably a lot like zanzer's Hades table if it can be made to work.

But that is my quick assessment. I dont like editing the lua files directly as previously recommended.

Lashley
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lashley »

Don't know if it's the new update but can't find money searching double value

obigowens2
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by obigowens2 »

Btw when you set your money to whatever you want you can then change the max joker slots fairly easily.

just search for your current max joker number, not your current number of jokers, just the cap you have on them, in double value. for example, you search for the value 5, then reroll until you get a negative joker. If you have set your money to infinite amounts then you can reroll as much as you want.

Once you find a negative joker, buy it. this negative joker will increase your cap by 1 (or more if you got multiple negatives), then search for the new joker cap (in this example it would now be 6) and then sell the joker and search for the original cap now. In the end you should come out with 4 values.
Just change the top value and that should change the rest of them. There you go! infinite joker card cap!

If you are unsure of how to find your current joker cap value, just look to the very bottom left of the joker area in the game and you'll see a value like 0/5 where 0 is the number of current jokers you own, and 5 is the cap on jokers.

shaldun
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by shaldun »

RingofFire wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:34 am
'Re-rolls cost 0' would be enough really.
Found out how to do that.

In the exe file as explained before, you can go to the folder functions and open the button_callbacks.lua

Then find the function "G.FUNCS.reroll_shop" and you just have to delete the line "ease_dollars(-G.GAME.current_round.reroll_cost)". The cost of the reroll will still be displayed and increase for each reroll but the money isn't removed from your total so effectively free rerolls.

IMO that's a pretty fair way to cheat as it's just RNG manipulation (of course if you go infinite rerolls you can manipulate your deck but just control yourself or don't after all, we're all here to cheat)

RingofFire
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by RingofFire »

I can't get any of the file editing stuff to work. It doesn't take any effect in game. I must be missing a step somewhere?

Snoop
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Snoop »

Kerus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm
ORIGINAL LINES:

--Backs

b_red= {name = "Red Deck", stake = 1, unlocked = true,order = 1, pos = {x=0,y=0}, set = "Back", config = {discards = 1}, discovered = true},

MODIFIED LINES:

b_red= {name = "Red Deck", stake = 1, unlocked = true,order = 1, pos = {x=0,y=0}, set = "Back", config = {discards = 1, dollars = 99999, joker_slot = 5}, discovered = true},

You can see I added ', dollars = 99999, joker_slot = 5' behind the 'discards = 1', that means I edited the RED deck's info. I edited starting gold as 99999 and starting joker slots as +5. So you can edit other decks like this.
There's a way to edit all other decks (green, yellow, blue) in Balatro to get the 99999 dollars :?:

houselannister
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by houselannister »

RingofFire wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:25 am
I can't get any of the file editing stuff to work. It doesn't take any effect in game. I must be missing a step somewhere?
Make sure the game isn't running when you make your edits. I'm too used to Cheat Engine and made that mistake the first time.

royr719
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by royr719 »

Is there a way to increase the changes to get an edition joker (foil, holo, negative, etc) by modifying the game.lua file?

Lilleman
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Lilleman »

So, like most people in this thread, I didn't manage to make a working cheat table. However there's an easy way to enable an in-game debug menu with some cheats:
Using 7zip to open the game executable, modify the file controller.lua in the "engine" folder, then edit the line 806 from if not _RELEASE_MODE then to if _RELEASE_MODE then.
Save the file and close 7zip. You can now open the in-game menu by pressing the tab key in shop or in game.
Spoiler
edit: some of the code for the debug menu is located just lower in controller.lua, while the buttons are defined/binded in UI_definitions.lua, at the beginning of the file. There's room to fiddle and replace the debug functions with more useful cheats.

Sensei7
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sensei7 »

Lilleman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:11 pm
So, like most people in this thread, I didn't manage to make a working cheat table. However there's an easy way to enable an in-game debug menu with some cheats:
Using 7zip to open the game executable, modify the file controller.lua in the "engine" folder, then edit the line 806 from if not _RELEASE_MODE then to if _RELEASE_MODE then.
Save the file and close 7zip. You can now open the in-game menu by pressing the tab key in shop or in game.
Spoiler
edit: some of the code for the debug menu is located just lower in controller.lua, while the buttons are defined/binded in UI_definitions.lua, at the beginning of the file. There's room to fiddle and replace the debug functions with more useful cheats.
Not working on last update of Balatro, edited file and i press Tab and the game crash

ersatz
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ersatz »

Sensei7 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:37 pm
Lilleman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:11 pm
Spoiler
Not working on last update of Balatro, edited file and i press Tab and the game crash
You must have made an error, it's working just fine for me.