Super Mario RPG (Yuzu)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Super Mario RPG (Yuzu)

Post by gir489 »

Due to the nature of Yuzu, the table requires you to put some effort into making it work. You will need to find the character's XP address you want to manipulate, and then when you populate Character XP, you can change Attack/Defense/Speed/Mg. Attack/Mg. Defense. I usually found that it's the first result after doing an initial search + 1 change search after a fight. Use tabs to find all your parties' XP values at once, so you only have to do one fight to find them all.

For Attacks in a Row, I found that the 2nd or 3rd search comes up with about 4 total results, and it's usually the 2nd one. Once you plug in the address, CTRL+NUM1 will set it to 50 and disallow it from going below its current value, so if you break the chain by missing a timed attack/defend, it'll just set it back and the next time you do one, it'll be where you left off.

I wish I could do more to the game, but it's really hard without being able to see the ASM code that reads/writes to the virtual instructions. I see yuzu comes with a debugger, but I can't be fucked to learn how it works.

EDIT: Added inventory editor. Requires the address of Mushrooms, once you populate it, the rest of the item's addresses will populate. Press CTRL+NUM3 to fill your inventory to the max. Once you've edited it, you have to use something or sell/buy something for the changes to show.
Attachments
Super Mario RPG_AOBSCANTEST.CT
(110.66 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Super Mario RPG.CT
(30.61 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
Last edited by gir489 on Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PronKill
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Super Mario RPG (Yuzu)

Post by PronKill »

I think you posted in the wrong topic though.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

PronKill wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 am
I think you posted in the wrong topic though.
No, I posted here as a kind've call for help. I hope someone that knows more about Yuzu than I do can figure out a better solution than my shitty table that's basically the same shit we passed around [Link].

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

OK so the original values I found were just the display values. I found the actual values that the game uses to calculate your defense/attack/magic hits with. Still uses the experience address as the base pointer. I found that if you turn off MEM_PRIVATE and MEM_IMAGE and only search MEM_MAPPED, it increases the accuracy of the results, since we know it's within mapped memory. Just don't forget to turn it back on when you use CE against another game. I also found the items the character is wearing. I found you can really only spoof 2 out of 3 items, as you need to requip the 3rd item which requires it actually being in your inventory. I didn't try just setting all 3 items, because I wanted it to refresh the display stats each time. Table in OP updated.

minhkhanh238
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by minhkhanh238 »

Hi,I am not really familiar with Cheat Engine. Could you please show me how to "populate Character XP" after finding XP. Thank you

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

minhkhanh238 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:41 pm
Hi,I am not really familiar with Cheat Engine. Could you please show me how to "populate Character XP" after finding XP. Thank you
It's pretty simple. Just double click the Address next to Character XP and it should open a dialog box with whatever was in there at the time and you can replace it, the items should populate, and if they match what your character has, then you know you got the right address.

The way I searched for it only works if they all have the same XP, but for some reason, they allocate the hero memory backwards from the way it is in the game. It goes Peach -> Mario instead of Mario -> Peach. If you find one, you should be able to find the others, as once you have one and you change it and it shows when you move screens, then you can extremely narrow down the memory chunk to which the character stats are allocated. I wish I could've made this table easier, but the dev tools for Yuzu are almost nil.

Something to note, if you die or reload a save, the addresses will become worthless and you'll have to start again.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

I added an AoBScan Test table based off some Zelda Yuzu table I found that was abusing the fact the main memory from Yuzu allocates the memory block in size 0x100000000 every time. I tried my best to generate AoBScans that worked every time, but I found that there were a few times it failed, or just generated garbage. If that happens to you, just try and restart Yuzu and hopefully it'll work again. I found that once it discovered the character pointers, they stayed the same every time I died or loaded. But the Attacks in a Row pointer changed quite a bit. I added a script to try and find the next pointer in memory, however it was extremely unreliable. It would constantly find junk or garbage or stuff left over from another game. I suggest using it against only one save file with an autosave. I had trouble with it finding data from my other saves when I had a slot 2 save, I had to get rid of it.

Oh yeah, and I also added HP, HP max and Level pointers to the characters. To edit them, click the box next to their name so it becomes a red X, it should deploy all the addresses for that character, so long as !!Enable Me To Populate Addresses!! succeeded (has a red X).

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

I added Iterate Character Base Pointer because I ran into a few scenarios where it gave me bullshit character pointers. I also added weapons/armor/pins to the inventory editor, which still requires the base pointer of mushrooms to work, because I couldn't find any AoB around it that worked at all. You can actually have it see and recognize duplicate pins even though this is not a valid scenario in the game, but it won't display more than 21 total pins. Meaning, as soon as it hits 21 items in its count it stops iterating. So if you have 5 Safety Badge, but 1 of everything else, Quartz Charm, Exp. Booster, Coin Trick and Flower Ring won't show up. If you want to duplicate pins, you have to subtract something from somewhere, make it 0 and then sell/buy something to reflect in your inventory.

fmalust
Cheater
Cheater

Post by fmalust »

I realize I'm pretty late to this thread. I've tried messing around with your cheat to try and make the game harder, reducing Mario's stats to 1/4 of what it is. Problem is, every time he levels up his Magic resets to its 'normal' values. Attack, Defense and Magic Defense increases normally otherwise.

Is there a way to implement cheats that increase the amount of damage your party receives and decrease the amount of the damage the enemies receive?