Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
awatar
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: REQ :Jagged Alliance 3 table

Post by awatar »

Dragon7 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:18 pm
But ... if I unpack Lua, take UnitDataCompositeDef\Steroid.Generated.Lua, decompile it, then recompile, put it back, then pack Lua, game starts fine, but New Game - Recruitment screen - there is instead of Steroid just "Dummy" with no pic.
Yes, the original files are slightly different from the compiled ones. Although everything worked with __const.lua.
I will look for the reason.

Dragon7
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Dragon7 »

awatar wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:28 pm
Dragon7 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:18 pm
But ... if I unpack Lua, take UnitDataCompositeDef\Steroid.Generated.Lua, decompile it, then recompile, put it back, then pack Lua, game starts fine, but New Game - Recruitment screen - there is instead of Steroid just "Dummy" with no pic.
Yes, the original files are slightly different from the compiled ones. Although everything worked with __const.lua.
I will look for the reason.
Spoiler
Wow, great! So just moving changed lua files to mod will not work? I tried and failed )

awatar
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by awatar »

Dragon7 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:45 pm
Wow, great! So just moving changed lua files to mod will not work? I tried and failed )
I found a problem, need to use the 32-bit version.
Tested with this:
[Link]

.is_vararg is still different, but at least it works as needed.

byte_my_void
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by byte_my_void »

any ideas how to get skill points?

Dragon7
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Dragon7 »

awatar wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:51 pm
Dragon7 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:45 pm
I found a problem, need to use the 32-bit version.
Tested with this:
[Link]
Spoiler
.is_vararg is still different, but at least it works as needed.

Yess, this finally works, big thanks SPASIBO! :D

sonycman
Cheater
Cheater

Post by sonycman »

I did enable cheats, but strangely option to show hit chances does not working...
Anyone with luck activating it successfully?

DeGorro8204
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by DeGorro8204 »

This is a Dumb Guide 101 to cheat your I.M.P. character creation stats.
(It's based on scheel discovery, just make it more easier for newbie cheater to follow)

1. In-game : Got to I.M.P. Web, create your custom char. Set your IMP stat all 55.
2. CE : Scan Type - Unknown initial value ; Value Type 4 bytes ; unchecked Fast Scan. Click First Scan. Wait till it finish search.
3. In-game : reduce all stats to 50.
4. CE : Scan Type - Decrease Value by ... 5 ; click Next Scan.
5. In-game : reduce all stats to 45.
6. CE : Scan Type - Decrease Value by ... 5 ; click Next Scan.
7. I believe at this point, there are 20 address with value of 45.
8. In-game : Set all stats to 55 again. And then click Next.
9. In-game : Choose any perks you want, but before click "DONE" ...
10. CE : Change all those 20 address (see point no.7) that 55 to any numbers you want, 85 ~ 100, but don't exceed 100.
11. In-game : Click "DONE". Pay the fees for creating IMP character.

Enjoy your superhero main character.

damokles66
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by damokles66 »

Ashar wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:13 pm
SlickDeals2022 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:06 pm
Ashar wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:02 pm
managed to dupe money and parts and inventory items before i even started my first mission, so thats nice, all 4 byte. easy peasy
do you need to start the game to search for cash? some input pls. i tried to do that during merc recuiting, can't find the address.
i just recruited a merc search for money, recruited anotehr merc filtered again, found 3 values, changed all to 999999999, and was good. AS for parts, i hired an extra merc, dismantled his weapon, to get some parts, that let me upgrade all my otehr mercs weapons, and then could dupe them further by splitting the stacks and filtering. Same for ammo and medpacks.
I think its 2 bytes, with 4 and 8 it did not reliably work for me.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

damokles66 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:50 pm
I think its 2 bytes, with 4 and 8 it did not reliably work for me.
Game uses 4 bytes for money but does not align the memory like most games. So recommend to change Fast Scan Alignment from default value of 4 to 2 or 1 when searching. Same goes for pretty much anything. I find its mostly 4 byte aligned but not always.

While I'm here, I should mention that Perk points can be searched by just looking for 1 and 0 after first level up according to available perks repeatedly until there are 40 address matching. Its usually a value that is not "near" the others. There is some guess work frequently. But the game tracks the number of used perks and so you may not get future perks when leveling up using this method. Should note that if you can get the cheat mod working (posted previously) then you use that to respec your merc and redo this. Note that the game does broadcast and maybe log when cheats are used but unclear to me if it has any meaningful impact.

acecel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by acecel »

Did someone managed to use and understand each features of the Dev Menu ?

I tried many of them but i don't see any change in the game and wonder what they do ?
Like "Parts Costs (toggle)" and "Med Costs (toggle)", it doesn't tell when they are activated or not, and i haven't seen any change in the game so far.

If you managed to use/understand many features of the menu, could you please share your findings ?

rigis
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by rigis »

acecel wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:35 am

I tried many of them but i don't see any change in the game and wonder what they do ?
Like "Parts Costs (toggle)" and "Med Costs (toggle)", it doesn't tell when they are activated or not, and i haven't seen any change in the game so far.

If you managed to use/understand many features of the menu, could you please share your findings ?
parts costs toggle just let you craft mods for weapons without need of resources such as chip. it will still shown as red if you don't have it but it will let you craft it nonetheless

acecel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by acecel »

rigis wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:26 am
acecel wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:35 am

parts costs toggle just let you craft mods for weapons without need of resources such as chip. it will still shown as red if you don't have it but it will let you craft it nonetheless
This is what i have just discovered 10 minutes ago and i was about to come here to share it, you beat me to it :mrgreen:

- "Add Ammo" give you a full stack of each kind of ammo/missile possible (not grenade though) in the team stash (that you can access anytime)
- "Add Money" give you 100K credits
- "Heal mercenary" allow you to heal to full life a mercenary by clicking on it immediately after activating the cheat

Many other cheats are very explicit like "give 10 AP" etc, and still a few that i don't know what they do and was not able to find when trying :D

VirgilSouth
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by VirgilSouth »

Btw changing NetSyncEvents.CheatRespecPerkPoints(unit) function to

Code: Select all

function NetSyncEvents.CheatRespecPerkPoints(unit)
  for _, effect in ipairs(unit.StatusEffects) do
    unit.perkPoints = 45
  end
  ObjModified(unit)
end
in Lua.hpk/Lua/Lua/Cheat.lua will set perk points to 45 (or whatever you want) for selected merc using respec perks cheat

SlipperyEel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by SlipperyEel »

So we can edit vanilla scripts and repack them into HPK archives, but I'm not keen on that idea for a number of reasons. Is it possible to do single script overrides as a mod? Seems like the sort of thing that they would have made provision for.

Speaking of mods, I hope the ones on the Workshop eventually end up on Nexus or somewhere as well. There are a couple of IMP merc ones I'd like to check out but don't have access to since I have the GOG version.

kummitus888
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kummitus888 »

The mod worked great.
after the update it is not working anymore.
shows it is enabled, but cheat menu never appears.