Zholdan
Noobzor
Noobzor

[Request] Rule the Waves 3

Post by Zholdan »

Game Name: Rule the Waves 3
Game Engine: Unknown
Game Version: 1.00.03
Options Required: Monthly Budget/Monthly Balance, Funds, Prestige, Unrest Level, Officer Ability/Abilities
Steam Website:
Other Info:

doomdoging
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Rule the Waves 3

Post by doomdoging »

funds is easy just search the number in 4 bytes same with prestige

Grabarz
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Grabarz »

Yeah i also would like to ask for cheat table,

Funds - 4 bytes easy to find
All other values related to cash are unreachable for me
prestige - idk, i didn't play long enough

Grabarz
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Grabarz »

there is a way to edit your save files with notepad++ it solves some problems with funds, tension, prestige, you can edit your own or enemies ships, but its tedious, i still did not found a way to cheat/edit your research rate of technology (yes its possible to edit current level of guns but not all the technology)

If someone could do something about research rate like one turn research or something like that :)

Keenan004
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Keenan004 »

Grabarz wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:24 am
If someone could do something about research rate like one turn research or something like that :)
I played a bit with this to speed up how things unfold over time. What I can tell:

Just look up the
Research0ResearchPoints=
entries (where 0 can vary from 0 to 23). If the value behind the equal sign is bigger than zero, you can quite safely increase it. 0 is either one, where you had a success last turn (those might be safe to increase again right away as well) but there are ones where the technology area is not yet available - if you increase those, it could screw things up whenever these become or should become available. However all surplus is lost after each breakthrough, so need to edit this quite often to make an impact.

In terms of research budget, you can increase the
BaseResources=
entry from which your monthly budget (in conjunction with "BudgetModifier=") and thereby (again in conjunction with "ResearchPct=") the research investment is being comupted.
However the "BaseResources=" also do compute into the number of ships required for trade protection, so when a war starts, you might want to lower it to something more similar to the initial value. Otherwise you might lose the war just by not protecting your national trade successfully.

Higher "ResearchPct=" values than 12 (maximum ingame value) did not seem to work for me.

So you can speed things up (either editing the save frequently or editing resources between peace and war periods). Possibly there are even more efficient ways but for now I did not dig deeper.

Technically the game is not really build to block you from cheating in any way - just trying to avoid any "gamey" ahistorical progress.

Itsyaboy420
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Itsyaboy420 »

Keenan004 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:19 pm
Grabarz wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:24 am
I played a bit with this to speed up how things unfold over time. What I can tell:

Just look up the
Research0ResearchPoints=
entries (where 0 can vary from 0 to 23). If the value behind the equal sign is bigger than zero, you can quite safely increase it. 0 is either one, where you had a success last turn (those might be safe to increase again right away as well) but there are ones where the technology area is not yet available - if you increase those, it could screw things up whenever these become or should become available. However all surplus is lost after each breakthrough, so need to edit this quite often to make an impact.

In terms of research budget, you can increase the
BaseResources=
entry from which your monthly budget (in conjunction with "BudgetModifier=") and thereby (again in conjunction with "ResearchPct=") the research investment is being comupted.
However the "BaseResources=" also do compute into the number of ships required for trade protection, so when a war starts, you might want to lower it to something more similar to the initial value. Otherwise you might lose the war just by not protecting your national trade successfully.

Higher "ResearchPct=" values than 12 (maximum ingame value) did not seem to work for me.

So you can speed things up (either editing the save frequently or editing resources between peace and war periods). Possibly there are even more efficient ways but for now I did not dig deeper.

Technically the game is not really build to block you from cheating in any way - just trying to avoid any "gamey" ahistorical progress.
I have a few question, where is the save file located and is there a way to edit how much months it takes to build ships, thank you.

Keenan004
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Keenan004 »

Itsyaboy420 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:19 am
I have a few question, where is the save file located and is there a way to edit how much months it takes to build ships, thank you.
Save files are named RTWGame0.bcs to RTWGame9.bcs. File location might differ for matrixgames and steam version.

The game computes build time via cost.

If you want to lower build times for a particular design look up the "DesignName.<yy>d file (same folder as the save game). Lower the "Cost=" value.

If you only want to speed up a particular ship, look up the ship`s name in the *.bcs file and adust
Ship<number>Cost=123
Ship<number>BuildProgress=122
below, so the gap between both numbers gets more narrow. Setting progress to cost minus one like in the example above should always give you a next turn build.

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

Basically, make a new game, then save instantly. Shut it down or w/e since it needs reloaded after file editing.
If you want to change things go to "steamapps\common\Rule the Waves 3\Save\Game1" (or Game2 etc for other save slots).
For editing ownership or value or hasOil for each region, go to the "MapData1" file and open in Notepad++ or something. just CTRL+F each region you want to find, and can change them to your own or have them be more valuable etc (e.g. give your home provinces oil or make Italy own Libya, that kind of thing).

If you want to edit your actual country, go to "RTWGame1.bcs", still opens fine in Notepad++. First country in the list is always the player one, you can edit money, dock sizes, and even tech. Tech is messy as hell, but at the bottom of the tech spam is the tech levels for guns which is easy to buff a bit (don't set it too high, idk what the game's cap is for those guns, but you could set -1 guns to 1 to get some nice advantages in the time period). The best thing you could do here is edit your Research funding which is "ResearchPct". In-game it caps you at 12% budget, but if you set it in the file you can set it to anything you want. In-game it will eventually reset after a few years or if you edit research priorities yourself again. This is also the file where you can remove negative traits or add positive traits to your country (e.g. removing Cautious or Inconsistent Naval Policy). I can't tell where the unique research advantages are yet though. A few months on 60% ResearchPct can easily cause hilarious tech catch-up if you're Italy or China or something, but remember the game does lock tech by time to an extent (closer it is to the intended date, the more probable you can unlock it) so you can't just set it to 500% and go 10 years ahead of Britain.

If you want to change your overall income, best thing is change "BaseResources" a few lines in. Remember that this number goes up overtime via events and general progression too. I want to say that increasing the "value" variable on regions from the MapData1 file can help, especially for colonies, but I've not tested the correlation, since that value is mostly used for how much it costs to demand it in a peace deal.

As mentioned above, every ship that is already designed in-game has a file of its own in the save folder. You could edit this if you want, but idk how broken it would get if it stops making sense. Honorable mention that "UnrestLevel" is also in here to reduce tensions in your country if need be.

Edit: Editing the value of your home region areas seems to break the game, it stops seeing them as home regions. I guess it's defining their data somewhere else and sees the inconsistency.

If you're already in-game, CE can easily pick up on months remaining for anything from dockyard upgrades, as they are generally classic 4byte int variables. Ships and dockyard cap are both locked to 90,000 tons but you can set the current dockyard size much higher to get more shipbuilding capacity in the file if you want.

Atros
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Atros »

Saves are in non-Steam version inside [game directory]\Save
In file "RTWGame1.off" are the officer traits and "Ability=2" is brilliant officer and "AbilityKnown=1" shows their abilities in-game.

Here is a list of the "Special" and "Special2" traits:
Aggressive: 1
Timid: 2
Gunnery Expert: 3
Torpedo Expert: 4
Wily: 5
Lucky: 6
Disciplinarian: 7
Well Connected: 8
Speed Enthusiast: 9
Poor Shiphandler: 10
Poor Administrator: 11
Sportsman: 12
Music Lover: 13
ROF Enthusiast: 14
Loose Cannon: 15
No Connections: 16
Good Administrator: 17
Damage Control Expert: 18
Aviator: 19

If somebody could dig from some game files about what are the exact game effects for the officer traits when commanding a ship and when commanding a unit/squadron would be much appreciated (please include if they don't do anything in either position also).

In the game manual it practically says that only Aggressive/Timid/Gunnery Expert/ROF Enthusiast/Loose Cannon would have any effect when commanding a squadron, but that can't be right (can it?) since that would make Torp Expert practically (near) useless, since torps are the main weapons of Destroyers and you can't appoint a captain for DDs, just a squadron commander.