What is cheating?

The Great War: Western Front

Post by WilliamF »

Game Name: The Great War: Western Front
Game Engine: Unknown
Game Version: Build 807180
Options Required: Money, Supply Point, Research Points, Battle Timer
Steam Website:
Other Info: Tried attaching to the .exe and editing the 4 bytes but not taking effect.
Last edited by WilliamF on Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: The Great War: Western Front

Post by Cas »

Use search

mooooooo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by mooooooo »

Casanova wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:44 am
Use search
Just searching for the values does not work. you can find them. but changing them does not work. The values will revert to whatever they are suppose to be.

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee »

hi evening grandmaster table makers and friends..
guys any chance a help here on this game..a table perhaps..
appreciated guys

Grinddude
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Grinddude »

The game is unplayable until a table is available. It is extremely difficult and all supposed "trainers" available have trojans.

maracas123
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by maracas123 »

You can use CE for the Supplies and the Money, in Skirmish as well as in Campaign. Research I did not figure out yet, I thought it would work but after researching everything and saving, my tech tree got reseted to starting conditions and my research point were set to 0.

It is important that when selecting the process you really switch the "Select a process" window to "Processes" and not "Applications".
Select the "InstanceServerG64.exe". Look for 4-Bytes. In Campaign the Money has two values and Supplies has one. The same counts for Supplies in Battle, one value.

crescentdark
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by crescentdark »

I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY. You have to follow what the previous poster said about selecting InstanceServerG64. This is the kicker. You have to STAY ON THE WORLD MAP. When searching for the values. let turns pass when you increase research by one per turn to find the value. When you have it, DO NOT GO TO THE RESEARCH TAB, change the value. Let the turn pass again and you'll have the updated value. It freaking sticks! IT WORKS. I went off a guess after reading the last post when the values changed on the world map and it bloody works :D

Grinddude
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Grinddude »

crescentdark wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:04 pm
I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY. You have to follow what the previous poster said about selecting InstanceServerG64. This is the kicker. You have to STAY ON THE WORLD MAP. When searching for the values. let turns pass when you increase research by one per turn to find the value. When you have it, DO NOT GO TO THE RESEARCH TAB, change the value. Let the turn pass again and you'll have the updated value. It freaking sticks! IT WORKS. I went off a guess after reading the last post when the values changed on the world map and it bloody works :D
Are you using the Steam version?
Last edited by Grinddude on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grinddude
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Grinddude »

maracas123 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:48 am
You can use CE for the Supplies and the Money, in Skirmish as well as in Campaign. Research I did not figure out yet, I thought it would work but after researching everything and saving, my tech tree got reseted to starting conditions and my research point were set to 0.

It is important that when selecting the process you really switch the "Select a process" window to "Processes" and not "Applications".
Select the "InstanceServerG64.exe". Look for 4-Bytes. In Campaign the Money has two values and Supplies has one. The same counts for Supplies in Battle, one value.
Doesn't work. The values revert back to default ones after they are edited. We need a table.

manchild69
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by manchild69 »

It does work. I had to pass 2 turns for it to come down to 1 possible address, I passed another turn and the modified value was reflected on the main screen, all of which I could spend in the research tree.

CircuitLogic
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by CircuitLogic »

manchild69 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:16 am
It does work. I had to pass 2 turns for it to come down to 1 possible address, I passed another turn and the modified value was reflected on the main screen, all of which I could spend in the research tree.
Could you be more specific on "when" it works? Did you enter combat between turns?
Because I tried now three times running as germany from december 1914 to february/march without any effects and I suspect it is because I get dragged into battles each turn.

UPDATE:

I managed to make it work with following changes:

Updated to Cheat Engine 7.5 version (I had 7.2 originally). No idea whether this had any influence but I wanted to remove any error sources.

This time, an event in turn two changed my research from 3 to 5. This time when I searched for results, I only got one memory address left in the results.

Changed the value to 20 and went one more turn. This time, enemy attacked also but despite change from world to tactical maps, this time the value remained.
Next turn research had value 20.

I spent some points and saved the game and exited program (just to verify whether changes would stick) . The changes stuck even after restart of program and going one more turn.

What is strongly needed is some way to modify time remaining in battle.

eetmorsqrls
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by eetmorsqrls »

Did a little more playing and got it working on turn 2.
Almost the same as the previous post's advice.

Open 2 instances of CE. One attached to the InstanceServerG64.exe and one to the game itself.
On turn 1 search for 3 on both instances.

When turn 2 starts, search the InstanceServerG64 for 4, then open the event giving you an extra research point and search for 5. That window should now be narrowed to a single address.

Now open the research screen and search the CE window for the game for 5, then click and undo a research a few times searching for 4 and 5 until you narrow to a single value.

Undo all of your clicks and set both instances to the same value.
Click whatever researches you want and hit apply.

ModEngine
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by ModEngine »