[Table Request] Yggdra Union (Steam)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
LordGorchnik
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

[Table Request] Yggdra Union (Steam)

Post by LordGorchnik »

Game Name: Yggdra Union
Game Engine: Unknown (the Steam/PC version is a port from the 2106 Nintendo Switch port of the 2009 PSP game). Wikipedia didn't have this info
Game Version: 1.0? (Version is not displayed on title screen and is in Early Access)

Options Requested ($15 bounty for 3/7):
1) Infinite Movement
2) Infinite Attacks/Engages
3) Move Again After Attacking
4) Skill Gauge in Battle Always Maxed
5) Any Unit Can Activate Skill Cards (Usually has to be the "Ace" and some skills are bound to some units only)
6) Always Critical on Charge Against Enemy
7) Enemy RAGE bar never increases
Add'l Member Requests & Posts from thread
8) Change difficulty mid-game ($30 bounty -jirachiband)
9) Have Access to Hard Mode Items on Easy/Normal difficulty ($30 bounty -jirachiband)
10) Change/Modify Equipment
11) Change/Modify Character Class
12) Instant level up

Steam Website: [Link]
Other Info: This game originally released on the GameBoy Advance back in 2006 and localized by Atlus USA. It then received an enhanced remaster on the PSP in 2009 that was also localized by Atlus USA for the West. Then in 2018 in JAPAN ONLY Sting released an even further enhanced port of the PSP version to the Nintendo Switch. The PC version is a port of that version. This game is INCREDIBLY challenging and I wish those of you who attempt to make a table for it the best of luck.

I still have my old Gameshark codes for the GBA version from years ago. All the above codes were able to be created then so it is my hope that they can be recreated now. Best of luck and regardless thanks for your interest in viewing this topic.

TABLE UPDATE: First iteration of table created by Cyber can be found here.

viewtopic.php?p=285709#p285709
Last edited by LordGorchnik on Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

jirachiband
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Table Request] Yggdra Union (Steam)

Post by jirachiband »

Id really appreciate the ability to change your difficulty mid-game, or make the game think youve beat it, so we dont have to play through the game twice

VerisJS
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by VerisJS »

Bump!

wistfullylazy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by wistfullylazy »

This is a really fun SRPG, too. Hoping someone picks up this request if only to keep items permanently or editing them in; many can be missed in a mission.

LordGorchnik
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LordGorchnik »

Due to the lack of interest I am now adding a $15 USD Paypal bounty for the first person who to create three of the requests posted above. Once they're confirmed I will PM you to get your info and send you the funds.

jirachiband
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by jirachiband »

To piggyback off of that i'll add a $30 paypal bounty each if someone can find a way to change your difficulty midgame (to have access to hard mode stuff while playing in easy) and a way to add items that you dont have access to or missed. $75 total with the other one! Pm me if you get it figured out

MeltRoxas
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MeltRoxas »

May I request the option to change character's equipments (it's not as useful now since it's possible to change equipments now, but still useful if you want everyone to use the same item) and the option to change character's class (mostly useful for turning Durant into a Dragon Knight with his item slot free). An option to change stats/instant level up would be nice too (some maps require both HIGH REP and LOW REP stats to acquire, being able to change REP as will would be nice). I have the CW codes for the English PSP version for all said options, I also have the ID list of items and classes which I can provide (I think those won't change much when they port it to PC)

LordGorchnik
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LordGorchnik »

1.01 game update is out today for EA that apparently fixed a lot of the low-quality noise issues when using the English dub.

Cyber
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cyber »

Just a quick table based on initial version

Features:
  • Infinite Attack
  • Infinite Turn (select character on field)
  • Infinite Movement
  • Infinite Morale
  • Infinite Skill Gauge
  • EXP Multiplier
  • Zero Rage Gauge
  • No Damage
  • OHKO
  • Character Status (open status and switch character to update pointers)
YggdraUnion.CT
Fixed EXP Multiplier
(28.13 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
Last edited by Cyber on Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordGorchnik
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LordGorchnik »

Thanks Cyber. Truth be told I was looking at the character status one for all the values that still have ??? on them. Trying to figure out what specifically they are corresponding to but no idea at the moment.

MeltRoxas
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MeltRoxas »

Thanks Cyber for the Table!

I noticed there is a code for Equipment included (and I think the address for Current Class is there too, I'll mess around to find out which one it is), here's the ID list of Yggdra Union's items and classes. Those are in Hex so you need to convert those to Decimal. You can edit current equipment and unequip said edited equipment safely, though I'm not sure if there would be any side effects like those items not appearing in their maps since you already have them, or those items not properly registered in the Extra Content section since technically you did not acquire them.

The ID list is translated from the JP ID list, but most of them should be correct. The "Dud" ones could be wrong though.']

Edit: oops forgot to mention, the password is 123, sorry

Edit2: Seems like the second "?" labeled address below the Character's EXP one in Cyber's table determine their Classes. Nothing changes when I mess with it though. I'll test some more.
Attachments
YGGDRA ID.rar
Yggdra Union items and classes ID
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

jirachiband
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by jirachiband »

MeltRoxas wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:27 am
Thanks Cyber for the Table!

I noticed there is a code for Equipment included (and I think the address for Current Class is there too, I'll mess around to find out which one it is), here's the ID list of Yggdra Union's items and classes. Those are in Hex so you need to convert those to Decimal. You can edit current equipment and unequip said edited equipment safely, though I'm not sure if there would be any side effects like those items not appearing in their maps since you already have them, or those items not properly registered in the Extra Content section since technically you did not acquire them.

The ID list is translated from the JP ID list, but most of them should be correct. The "Dud" ones could be wrong though.']

Edit: oops forgot to mention, the password is 123, sorry

Edit2: Seems like the second "?" labeled address below the Character's EXP one in Cyber's table determine their Classes. Nothing changes when I mess with it though. I'll test some more.

I tried messing around with the japanese equipment codes, don't think they're applicable to this version. I did a test with Yggdra and her silk corset, which has an id of 34, but the only address with a value of 34 won't change. Unequipping her, giving her something else, giving the corset to Nietzsche, going into battle, starting a new chapter, none of that seems to affect that value.

MeltRoxas
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MeltRoxas »

jirachiband wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:20 am
MeltRoxas wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:27 am
Those are in Hex so you need to convert those to Decimal

I tried messing around with the japanese equipment codes, don't think they're applicable to this version. I did a test with Yggdra and her silk corset, which has an id of 34, but the only address with a value of 34 won't change. Unequipping her, giving her something else, giving the corset to Nietzsche, going into battle, starting a new chapter, none of that seems to affect that value.
The IDs are still the same.
34 is the Hex Value. Convert it to Decimal first and you'll get 52, try this for Silk Corset instead. For example Fanelia's Hex Value is B6, to use it in Cyber's table you have to input 182.

Verdant Shade
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Verdant Shade »

Registered specifically thanks to this table. Just recently started playing STING games thanks to my senior before the Steam Version was even announced, and having a second set of files just to mess around with is a habit of mine, so a cheat table for this obscure game honestly surprised me. Thanks a million.

So far the codes all seem to be working fine on the 1.0.2 Update, but it's still good practice to point out there's been any update at all I assume?

I've been mainly using the Character Status subsection, as the biggest draw to me in particular would be recruiting additional character to the roster - i.e. the characters Roswell and Rosary are mutually exclusive thanks to story beats - or at least replacing our characters with enemies/missed characters.

I tried to brute force the second method by using your table and editing the various ?'s below EXP: Replacing Nietzsche's values with Emelone's or Ishiene's in chapter 7 changed Neitsche's name and portrait, but not her combat palette, battle dialogue or voice effects. I -should- have noted down what each address corresponded to, but the only one I know is that the third ? after EXP controls the name on the status screen (and maybe others).

As a disclaimer, fully replacing important characters with another will likely seriously mess with the heavily scripted battle sequences so the entire idea is dangerous - the game might not proceed if the protagonists are meant to speak on the first day and they aren't on the field per say.

As I'm a complete amateur this probably doesn't actually help, neither is it part of the bounty so there's 0 obligation to investigate any further since the table definitely works, but I figured I'd at least write this down in case it's interesting to anyone else.
Last edited by Verdant Shade on Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moondrag
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Moondrag »

Sadly the table doesn't work for me. I just get "No readable memory found" messages when trying to activate the scripts.

EDIT: Ok installing cheat engine instead of using source so I can use the kernal works for it. Also found a JP site with a list of codes from the Japanese PSP. Apparently with memory editing and cwcheat, it was possible to even change the class's effects (Example: Making a Fencer a single unit with Dragon movement type.) or remove the conditions from cards. Not sure if it's OK if I can link it here.