rudm09
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

[Request]Path of the Midnight Sun

Post by rudm09 »

Game Name: Path of the Midnight Sun
Game Engine: Dont know
Game Version: Release 1.0
Options Required: Damage multiplier,one hit kill, infinite health,infinite sanity,mana and hunger, time changer,etc.
Steam Website:
Other Info:

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Re: [Request]Path of the Midnight Sun

Post by MatthewD »

Please. I am interested too. If I could add an option(although a lil basic), money.
It's a visual novel so normal scanning or even scanning for emulator memory regions, doesn't help. Can't find the values.

AgentFear
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by AgentFear »

if anyone figures out the money value let us know yeah? I will give you a digital fist bump 😎

doc_haz
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by doc_haz »

To modify money and stats, you just need to open the save files. The files are not encrypted or anything. Go to "C:User\AppData\Roaming\Path of the Midnight Sun", find your save file, 1st savefile should go like this: SaveGame_0.vndata, open it up with Notepad++, play the game and go to a store, and start buying the cheapest item, save after that, then search in your save file for "$class":"VariableStore", and just search for the gold value you currently have. Find the value, change it to whatever you want, then save the file in Notepad++, reload your file in the game, and that´s it (Mana value for skill upgrades, is just next to the Gold value btw). For stats, just search for the character´s name, stats names are in italian for some reason (Salute, Attacco, Difesa, Velocitá, etc). (Don´t use luckos to find gold in the areas, or the gold will reset to only 99,999).

PS: If you still can´t find the value, you can use an early save i modified.

SaveGame_0 - Hardcore Mode, Max money and stats for 6 characters (Suzaku, Shiori, Faratras, Cristoph, Rya, Hellios).
SaveGame_1 - Normal Mode, Max money and stats for the main characters only (Suzaku, Shiori, Faratras).

(Password for the File is: Fearless)
Attachments
Path of the Midnight Sun.zip
(570.42 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Last edited by doc_haz on Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

toydefenser
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by toydefenser »

+1

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

doc_haz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:50 am
To modify money and stats, you just need to open the save files. The files are not encrypted or anything. Go to "C:User\AppData\Roaming\Path of the Midnight Sun", find your save file, 1st savefile should go like this: SaveGame_0.vndata, open it up with Notepad++, play the game and go to a store, and start buying the cheapest item, save after that, then search in your save file for "$class":"VariableStore", and just search for the gold value you currently have. Find the value, change it to whatever you want, then save the file in Notepad++, reload your file in the game, and that´s it. For stats, just search for the character´s name, stats names are in italian for some reason (Salute, Attacco, Difesa, Velocitá, etc). (Don´t use luckos to find gold in the areas, or the gold will reset to only 99,999).

PS: If you still can´t find the value, you can use an early save i modified. Max money and stats for the main characters only.
(Password for the file is: Fearless)
I thought to edit the save file too and I found the location, just didn't know how to find the money value.
Thank you very much about this. I thumbed up.

BlackMonster
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by BlackMonster »

Aside from messing with the save file, can we get a proper easy to use table for this?? thanks guys!

DoctorEricBerg
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DoctorEricBerg »

it's weird I don't see my saved file in the folder.

DoctorEricBerg
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DoctorEricBerg »

doc_haz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:50 am
To modify money and stats, you just need to open the save files. The files are not encrypted or anything. Go to "C:User\AppData\Roaming\Path of the Midnight Sun", find your save file, 1st savefile should go like this: SaveGame_0.vndata, open it up with Notepad++, play the game and go to a store, and start buying the cheapest item, save after that, then search in your save file for "$class":"VariableStore", and just search for the gold value you currently have. Find the value, change it to whatever you want, then save the file in Notepad++, reload your file in the game, and that´s it (Mana value for skill upgrades, is just next to the Gold value btw). For stats, just search for the character´s name, stats names are in italian for some reason (Salute, Attacco, Difesa, Velocitá, etc). (Don´t use luckos to find gold in the areas, or the gold will reset to only 99,999).

PS: If you still can´t find the value, you can use an early save i modified. Max money and stats for the main characters only.
(Password for the file is: Fearless)
I put your saves in my folder but they don't show up. Not even my own save is showing up. I was thinking because I'm still in the prologue but I dont think so.

EDIT

finally found it! I had to enable viewing "hidden files" in order to access these files! so annoying...ty

Jempai
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Jempai »

Not sure if the hacked save still works, it appears in the save slot, but it's untitled and I can't load it.

gvargas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gvargas »

Jempai wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:04 pm
Not sure if the hacked save still works, it appears in the save slot, but it's untitled and I can't load it.
What I did is created a save file in that slot and then just overwrite the files with his save files, load it and save again to refresh the icon pic... Enjoy! :D

Jempai
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Jempai »

gvargas wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:37 pm
Jempai wrote:
What I did is created a save file in that slot and then just overwrite the files with his save files, load it and save again to refresh the icon pic... Enjoy! :D
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, I already had a save file in slot one, then I replaced it with his, however when I boot up the game, and load that save I replaced, it's still my old save. I am very confused if the save data is kept somewhere else, because I also tried deleting the save files in there and they still show up on the files screens, just with no icon.

Jempai
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Jempai »

I uninstalled the entire game, then reinstalled it, then put the hacked save files in, but there was no load button
Then, I started a new game, and then when I attempted to load, the two save files appeared, but with the preview photos of my OLD saves, and they had no text, nor could I load them or click them.

This leads me to believe there was an update with how/where saves are stored.

Also, after I started the new game, I looked at the save files folder again, and a Save game header and vndata for slots 24 and 26 popped up out of nowhere. I checked in game: there are no saves in those slots.

gvargas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gvargas »

Jempai wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:20 am
gvargas wrote:
Jempai wrote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, I already had a save file in slot one, then I replaced it with his, however when I boot up the game, and load that save I replaced, it's still my old save. I am very confused if the save data is kept somewhere else, because I also tried deleting the save files in there and they still show up on the files screens, just with no icon.
The save file is in slot 2, or at least that's where it shows his icon in mine, so I just saved over his save file and then overwrite the save files with his and load, hope it helps! :)

Jempai
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Jempai »

gvargas wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:27 pm
Jempai wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:20 am
gvargas wrote:

The save file is in slot 2, or at least that's where it shows his icon in mine, so I just saved over his save file and then overwrite the save files with his and load, hope it helps! :)
I really appreciate the help so far, but I think at this point in time I'm gonna give up and play through a normal run. I'll try this out at a later time, but as I said before, I uninstalled the game and removed all my saves, but my old saves were still showing up in the menus.