WarStalkeR
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [Request] Stranded: Alien Dawn

Post by WarStalkeR »

Ashar wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:44 pm
oooh nice find, i was hoping it was just a multiplyer and not hidden values
WOnder if the same multiplyer is used for other things, would be great if you could alter survivor stats
You can start with maxed out survivor stats.

CarlosGFG
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CarlosGFG »

What about the mood or lives of the survivors?

WarStalkeR
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by WarStalkeR »

Anyway, I've verified best way to change amount of items that works properly and AI recognizing numbers.

1) Create dedicated stockpile for resource and block the resource from all other storages.
2) Ensure that in stockpile exists only single pile of the item. You can work around with multiple piles, but it becomes way more complicated.
3) Search the amount in pile *1000 as 4 byes. Use any way you want to increase/reduce amount.
4) Search the amount of items you have globally as 2 bytes (even if number is way above 65,535).
5) Change the amount of items in pile to any you want.
6) Switch found global value type from 2 bytes to 4 bytes. Increase it by same amount.
7) It is very important that stockpile and global numbers are in sync or AI will ignore added resources!
8) Enable back resource stockpiling in all other storages and remove dedicated stockpile.
9) Enjoy how your freshly generated items are unloaded into your main storage.

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

i didnt mean skills, i meant stats, like health, happiness etc

serahah
Cheater
Cheater

Post by serahah »

the game freezes after some minutes. I did use the items directly from the pile and did not move it to a new one after modification.
do i have to change the value for global amount from 2 byte to 4 after edit?

CarlosGFG
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CarlosGFG »

Another thing is also editing the relationships, has anyone found out?

CarlosGFG
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CarlosGFG »

Good for me, it crashes when switching to edit and exits the game

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

working great, converted 1 stockpile containing 469 scrap metal into 10 stockpiles containing 500 each of scrap metal(5k) as a test, no crashes, and works great.

charazzer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by charazzer »

WarStalkeR wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:23 am
Hah! The amount of stored items can be found by searching for amount of items in pile multiplied by 1000. I.e. if you look for 17 stone, you need to search for 17,000 as 4 bytes.

The method above is only valid for cases, when you're altering construction materials amount in stockpile (that occupies whole stockpile for single resources). For resources such as electronics and foods that are stored as 4 piles in stockpile different approach is needed.

First, somehow ensure that target resource pile lies somehow on the ground as independent pile that isn't part of any stockpile or shelf. With electronics I've made it so this way:
1) Deplete all electronics for batteries (just waiting for when resource is deposited and putting on pause).
2) Prevent any storage from accepting electronics.
3) Cancel one battery and see that pile of 5 units of electronics lies there. Search in CE for 5000 as 4 bytes.
4) Order to build basic solar panel near it and pile is reduced to 3 units. Find this number (it was 3 addresses for me).
5) Change pile amount into something you want, allow storage to accept electronics.
6) Build something on top of that pile, such as shelf. See pile breaking down into multiple transportable piles.
7) Don't forget to search for 2 bytes (after result is found, change its type to 4 bytes) for total amount of resources that shown in resource bar on top and change it to the exactly same amount as stored in you shelves and stockpiles, otherwise survivors won't be able to use it.

If you just leave it as single huge pile, survivors will be able to use what they need from it, but will soft-lock (i.e. just running around) if you will transport it to storage.

P.S. For some reason I didn't found total amount from the top bar with 4 bytes, but did with 2 bytes. But once found, you can change 2 bytes type to 4 byes and you will get real value you're looking for. Don't ask me why, as I have no idea what makes it work out like this. This is beyond my knowledge.
I dont understand your step 7.
When do i search for 4 and when for 2 bytes ?
I managed to get the big pile to be split up in smaller ones but when it was delivered into the shelves it took the space but didnt show up in ressource menu.

CarlosGFG
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CarlosGFG »

Ashar wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 am
working great, converted 1 stockpile containing 469 scrap metal into 10 stockpiles containing 500 each of scrap metal(5k) as a test, no crashes, and works great.
How did you make it work? I didn't understand the global, maybe that's why it gave a bug, I know it really worked, but it was negative after using it, after I saved and loaded the save, I tried to do it, for electronics it's a boring thing to do, I'm kind of desperate lol

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

you search for teh global amount as 2 byte, then when you find it, you change it to 4 byte then alter it. If you have more than 1 pile your global will be higher than yoru duped pile, so you need to adjust. E.g if you have a pile of 400 and a pile of 500 yoru global is 900, if you dupe the 500 to be 5000, your new global will be 5400 so you need to change the global value to that. (5400000)

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

its fiddly, but making large tidy stockpiles of every resources gives me OCD tingles

Donzillaz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Donzillaz »

You can Edit Survivors number at New game creation without that script, just search 2byte. That script, posted above, didnt work for me, my game just crashes. Just search for "1" / 4 in 2bytes, add-remove survivors to filter out.
Last edited by Donzillaz on Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

manuel0024
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by manuel0024 »

For the step 4), the search of the globally ressources.
I search the amount or the amout*1000? (in 2 byte)
I found the amount in the stockpile (4 byte) but i can't find the globally.

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

yes for 2 byte, search for the global value *1000